About Maritime Memory playing Right After the Splatfest...

Cephalobro

There's something odd about Maritime Memory automatically playing right after the latest Splatfest. Why would Nintendo actually do this when Splatoon 3 isn't even close to being done with updates? Is it because of Splatoon 3's anniversary? If so, why play the credit song of Splatoon 1 of all songs?

I think it's because they might be starting to finish up most of the Splatoon 1-related content, thus setting up the stage for the Splatoon 2-related content, this is where Side Order would come in to introduce some of such content.

Another possibility is to give the veterans who have been with the series ever since the first game a look back (or listen back?) to the first game, ironically being the only game in the franchise not to have playable Octolings at all (which makes sense, as the relations between the Inklings and the Octarians were at an all-time low in Splatoon 1's timespan).

Either way, as a Splatoon 1 veteran who has switched to playing as an Octoling ever since beating Octo Expansion in Splatoon 2, Maritime Memory makes me remember my first time beating Octo Valley.

Beltbuckle

Inkling
Premium
NNID
Beltbuckle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0125-3546-1233
I really should have played splatoon 1 more, I didn't even know it was from the first game. I had just logged in to check the splatfest results and noticed a friend in discord said "new song in splatsville" and I thought 'huh yeah it is' lmao.

Still it's cool when games do callbacks, whatever the reasons are. I feel like it's probably just a little nostalgia baiting for the anniversary. I do hope they do some splat 2 crossover stuff too - I miss Marina LMAO - Maybe the second anniversary!

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It's likely meant to be an S1 counterpart to the new track introduced in Splatsville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom