• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Aerosprays in Ranked vs In Turf War

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Yeah, there has been a noticeable increase in the amount of people using Aerosprays in ranked. The few players I have seen use it though don't seem to do well with it other than a miniscule margin of players. Given this, I don't think it's very viable. However, I'm a firm believer in using weapons you are best with it despite any being low tier. So, go for it if you think you can do well with it.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Remember when the game first came out and people unlocked the RG and went bonkers? There were many, many teams with all RGs and all Krak-On Rollers or a mix of the two. Lobbies where that was literally all you saw. Aerosprays spread ink really well. New players like to spread ink. There are lots of new players because of Christmas. I think the increase of Aerosprays in general is because it appeals to newer players.

Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon
NNID
benh2121
Remember when the game first came out and people unlocked the RG and went bonkers? There were many, many teams with all RGs and all Krak-On Rollers or a mix of the two. Lobbies where that was literally all you saw. Aerosprays spread ink really well. New players like to spread ink. There are lots of new players because of Christmas. I think the increase of Aerosprays in general is because it appeals to newer players.
never thought of it that way. good observation

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I still see them regularly in A+/S/S+ though, most commonly in Zones. More puzzling is the fact that the MG is much more rarer online.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I still see them regularly in A+/S/S+ though, most commonly in Zones. More puzzling is the fact that the MG is much more rarer online.
Well.....I guess because they can take the zone quickly, charge inkstrike quickly to stop the enemy counter, and trap the zone with ink mine.

Not saying I agree, just trying to find some justification.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
The Aerospray RG, like the H-3 Nozzlenose, is an objectively bad weapon for all ranked modes. You say the ink mines and close combat is good for tower control? The Luna Blaster does everything better, has inkmines and a far better special (Inkzooka). You say the Inkstrike is useful for covering the zone? The .52 Deco has more range, better kill-time, higher damage output and a better sub weapon (seekers). Well, the main weapon is good right? Nope, literally every weapon except Inkbrushes (not Octobrushes) has better close range combat tools. Heck, I'd rather face an Aerospray or Inkbrush any day of the week because their ttk means you can be hit once or twice, then turn around and splat them before they finish the kill easily. Take them head on and your quicker time to kill means you win.

There is an exception to this though - the Aerospray MG. This is because it has seekers and Inkzooka. The inkzooka is great on this weapon because of how easy it is to build a charge quickly (especially at the start of a match) where this weapon can be utilised in blitz-tactics. The seekers on this weapon are better than any other weapon - because the Aerospray MG has such good ink efficiency, you can actually use seekers in frequent combat (as opposed to weapons like Carbon Roller Deco and Rapid Blaster Pro which leave you vulnerable if you use your seeker in enemy ink). This is a fluid kit that can work very well on certain maps that favour seekers (like Port Mackerel and Hammerhead Bridge) - but I personally believe the weapon is most viable in Rainmaker, due to the quick nature of the weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom