After all the confirmed future updates, what do you think the game needs?

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I don't think it needs it, but i think it would be cool and kind of a challenge if they had night time multiplay maps as well. Kind of like a few in single play mode.
A day / night cycle in the hub would be cool to

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
This is out there, but I'd love to see a map that has walls and ceilings you can walk on, similar to the anti-gravity mechanic MK8 had. Perhaps have maps in space, or some other low-gravity scenario where the ink shot from your guns fly in a straight path, instead of in an arc like it usually does. You can jump like usual, but there can be a separate button to propel yourself in a straight towards where you're currently aiming to get on walls and ceilings.
Splat zones would be absolutely insane and some guns would be completely overpowered on an anti-grav map where there is no shot arc. Every gun would have unlimited range because of how the game works. I still think this is a really cool idea though

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
MORE SERVER MAINTENANCE

FIX YOUR LAG NINTENDO
The lag and disconnected supposedly results from one person lagging, which makes everyone lag, even though I don't think connections are peer-to-peer. They don't need to fix the servers, just the netcode.

Qosmio

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hutchinsondt1964
- Single player co-op missions with friends
- Increased level cap
- More maps
- A mode where splatting is top priority
- Better local games. Popping balloons suck
- Ability to go in ranked battles with friends
- Possibly when reach the level cap you are allowed to customize weapons like the sub and special but there are limits like you can't use the kraken with something

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
- Single player co-op missions with friends
- Increased level cap
- Ability to go in ranked battles with friends
- Possibly when reach the level cap you are allowed to customize weapons like the sub and special but there are limits like you can't use the kraken with something
These are the things I back the most. There's gotta be more things you can do after reaching the level cap. I swear, if I could find a decent weapon with the Suction bombs and Echolocator, I would use it nonstop. For now I'm stuck with the Dual Squelcher that has the inferior Splat Bombs but still has Echolocator.

Being able to customize these would be the coolest thing ever. but then I feel like the battlefield will be ridden with Inkstrikes... so maybe that's why it's not a thing.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I've provide countless ideas in prior threads about what I'd like to see added/changed/removed, so here's some of the lesser common ones that don't get thrown around that I'd suggest (which include, for the most part, just aesthetic additions), aside from more content/modes, configuring the appearances of Inkling's appearances, and stuff regarding Octo Valley.

1) In Multiplayer, make the loser theme a bit more comedic and less dramatic/sappy/mocking, something like Team Fortress 2's. Additionally, change Judd's expression to a more scared expression if you do lose, with a gaping mouth and sad eyes, along with the dropping the flag move.
2) Incorporate some kind of feature for the cafe located underneath the Squid Sisters' broadcast room.
3) Low Priority, but having an announcer that speaks the player's set language (not Inkling!!) would be pretty fun.
4) Display visual percentages of area covered as a bar below the eight squids representing each team, like in that Splatoon for Minecraft map.
5) Have the Inklings on the top screen change expressions depending on their current condition (with yours in a colored outline), something like in Doom and Doom II. If they're being attacked, the corresponding squid would appear to be emptying itself on ink, so the upper "black" half would get bigger as an Inkling runs lower on health, until it finally dies. When they're ready to deploy a special, the squid begins to glow and boil like in the game itself, but this only happens with the squids on your side.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
  • Party features
  • Voice chat
The game can be extremely frustrating without these two basic things. How are we supposed to communicate with anyone?

Have any of you tried playing with friends? Its impossible, the game puts you in a match with them ONCE. Then when its over it shoves you in a game on your own. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS!? (unless this has been changed). This game just cant be played competitively or seriously without those two most basic features. I dont mind if voice chat is only for people who are already in parties.. but CMON! This game is easily a thousand times more fun than COD or battlefield ; yet its missing the most basic, generic thing most other online shooter games have!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Have any of you tried playing with friends? Its impossible, the game puts you in a match with them ONCE. Then when its over it shoves you in a game on your own.
That's not the case at all, you all stay in the same lobby until you leave. I've played several rounds in a row with the same five friends. Party features are coming in August.

Remember people, this thread is about stuff Splatoon needs, not pipe-dream ideas you'd like it to have if you were in charge.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
That is what happened to me, neither of us left the game. it just happened..but it looks like they fixed it. Him and i were in completely different matches after the single one we played together.

Well okay then..

Things the game needs:

• The ability to back out of matchmaking if you choose to
  • Being able to change options in game (set stick sensitivity)

Last edited:

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
Add more music.

Can work to maybe add in a music store in the hub for it. For all your extra money you get in multiplayer why not?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Transferable abilities between gear and being able to reroll a single slot instead of all 3.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
reroll a single slot instead of all 3.
Yes.
Also, I still really want to see Bomb Range Up and Special Duration Up do different effects to the Sub or Special Weapon if the Sub isn't a thrown bomb or the Special doesn't run on a timer.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
Maybe adding pings to the map so we can communicate with our team mates booyah doesn't help me but come on I see as follow me or over here. That might be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom