After the final Splatfest, what will you do?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I've already been playing this game only on occasion, and that'll probably continue until Pokemon Sun & Moon completely take over my life lel.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Focus on rank with my alt account. I've been meaning to use it to get more intimate with the map layouts in rank, but I decided to wait til splatfest is over so for now its on hold.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I've already been playing this game only on occasion, and that'll probably continue until Pokemon Sun & Moon completely take over my life lel.
Good reminder. I'm presently living something of a double life, being obsessed with Pokémon and yet doing everything in my power to avoid even the smallest Gen 7 spoilers, so I keep almost forgetting that I'm getting a new game in a few months. Since I'm gonna go to university in September or October (won't know until I get my exam results), I won't be able to play Splatoon regularly any longer; Pokémon will definitely be my primary videogame once that happens.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Probably go crawl in a corner and mourn the death of Splatfests. :(

I'll keep playing though. Despite it becoming increasingly clear that the number of people playing the game is dying, at least I have people to play with. Although this does give me a bit better of a chance to get back into competitive Smash Bros. play, so it's not all that bad I suppose.

being obsessed with Pokémon and yet doing everything in my power to avoid even the smallest Gen 7 spoilers
I'm glad I'm not alone in trying to not bump into any spoilers!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Good reminder. I'm presently living something of a double life, being obsessed with Pokémon and yet doing everything in my power to avoid even the smallest Gen 7 spoilers, so I keep almost forgetting that I'm getting a new game in a few months. Since I'm gonna go to university in September or October (won't know until I get my exam results), I won't be able to play Splatoon regularly any longer; Pokémon will definitely be my primary videogame once that happens.
Probably go crawl in a corner and mourn the death of Splatfests. :(

I'll keep playing though. Despite it becoming increasingly clear that the number of people playing the game is dying, at least I have people to play with. Although this does give me a bit better of a chance to get back into competitive Smash Bros. play, so it's not all that bad I suppose.

I'm glad I'm not alone in trying to not bump into any spoilers!
Good luck to you guys! Considering Pokemon is hugely talked about right now thanks to Pokemon Go it must be difficult to avoid spoilers, but I believe yal can do it! Just 4 months left!

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Good luck to you guys! Considering Pokemon is hugely talked about right now thanks to Pokemon Go it must be difficult to avoid spoilers, but I believe yal can do it! Just 4 months left!
If I can go 20 years without looking up or hearing about spoilers for Final Fantasy VII (beat the game for the first time about three weeks ago), I think I can manage dodging Pokémon spoilers for four more months ;)

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
I just picked up Splatoon last month so when I heard the last fest was going to be my first, I was super bummed. I finished story mode but my level and rank are still pretty low so I'm going to aim to max those out and keep playing until I do. It is all still fresh (hehe) to me so I'm not bored with the game at all.

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I'm at level 48, so I'll probably keep playing until I hit level 50. It may be a little hard though because I start college soon and... yeah
Even when I'm at level 50, I'll still play though bc I think Splatoon is a really fun game~

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I already don't play much anymore, I'll keep on playing sporadically, not much will change.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have a bad habit of playing online multiplayer for games that already have a good few years under their belt, so I can claim to have some experience when it comers to playing "dying games." That Splatoon's playerbase might drop off considerably after this weekend does little to bar me from playing it.

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
This brought me back from a splatoon hiatus so no way am i quitting any time soon! Splatoon rapidly became one of my favourite games and is very special to me due to the fact that it brought me out of one of my depressive spells for well.. longer than most things so i'll definitely continue to support it

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Take a break from giving up on my dream to reach S rank then go back to Overwatch most likely.

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Sleep, because despite insisting I gave up on Splatoon on social media,

i havent gotten more than 2 hours of sleep a night because of this bloodinkbath

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I don't see any point in stopping just because Splatfests are ending. Splatfests were only a small part of what Splatoon is... If people are leaving just because they're ending, it makes me question how much they actually genuinely enjoyed the game at all. I won't stop playing the game just because they're ending. My friends keep me coming back to Splatoon. As long as I have friends to play with, I'll probably continue playing the game. c:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Splatfests are really just a tiny fraction of what Splatoon's appeal is about for me, besides I've only recently had a long break of 22 days without playing Splatoon (I looked it up in the Wii U's log), that's probably the longest break I ever had since the game was released.
A friend of mine actually complained about the end of Splatfests, like "Nintendo is abandoning us" and that he doesn't see a reason to play Splatoon again. But I disagree. Splatfests don't have any effect on me, besides now we get sea snails from Judd anyway! :D

This brought me back from a splatoon hiatus so no way am i quitting any time soon! Splatoon rapidly became one of my favourite games and is very special to me due to the fact that it brought me out of one of my depressive spells for well.. longer than most things so i'll definitely continue to support it
Wow, that's the first time I've seen someone write that about the game... it played a very similar role for me! Now that things are looking better, I can say that in the darkest days (and those occur throughout the year, but are most concentrated in the winter), Splatoon was always my happy place, and you need something that makes you happy when everything else is going to ****. :)

Take a break from giving up on my dream to reach S rank then go back to Overwatch most likely.
How is Overwatch in comparison? I'm still curious about the game and will buy it when it reaches 30-35€ (basically the same price I paid for Splatoon).

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I'm going on holiday so I won't be playing much. I will bounce back on though after I come back.
Then of course there's that great british splat off I qualified for :)

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
How is Overwatch in comparison? I'm still curious about the game and will buy it when it reaches 30-35€ (basically the same price I paid for Splatoon).
Well, I certainly love the game and play it every other day, thanks mostly to the fact that I have it on something I use a lot already (I'd play so much more Splatoon if they made a 3DS version). Teamwork and communication are a must, so I'd say it's worth it if you have friends to play with. If not, then Splatoon is probably more fun solo.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I contributed my statement already but I'd like to add-
Overwatch got very boring to me after awhile so I just stick with Splatoon when I play anything online, so honestly I don't think anything will change. I have an alt to level up.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
I just picked up Splatoon last month so when I heard the last fest was going to be my first, I was super bummed. I finished story mode but my level and rank are still pretty low so I'm going to aim to max those out and keep playing until I do. It is all still fresh (hehe) to me so I'm not bored with the game at all.
I was pretty much in the same boat. I bought Splatoon at the same the Callie and Marie amiibos came out, and I found out that this last Splatfest was going on and wanted to participate.

Splatfest was fun, but because I was so focused on leveling up and trying to be at least decent in playing the game for that weekend, I definitely needed a break from playing so much by the time Splatfest was over. I didn't even play the game the day the winning team was announced.

I'll still be playing Splatoon. It's hella fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom