• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Am I too old to be playing this game?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Well, I thought I was among the older ones on this board at 21 years old, but I guess not!

AkemiJo

Inkster Jr.
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way- I'm almost 23 and I felt like a got dang dinosaur once I joined this forum.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I'm 23 and apparently I'm the oldest in my squad of like 50 people or something. I thought a lot of people might be around my age but I think I might be wrong now. Am I immature for playing this cute little game at age 23? Any other old squids out there?
Yes~ you are, Good god you're old why do you even have an account on this site? Come back when you're twenty-four. (All of that was full of sarcasm)

Of course you're not old. I mean unless you have no hands or opposable thumbs then you shouldn't be playing video game consoles. :D

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
NO WAY!
I'm a 26 yr old university student in her sophomore year, and I feel no shame in playing games like these for the times I play video games.

But I think it can be awkward sometimes. This past Sunday night, I joined a Hangouts group to chat while we all played Splatoon together, and I could tell just by the way they spoke that they were around the age of highschool kids or maybe younger.

To be fair, I can get away with people thinking I'm a highschool kid because I get told all the time that I sound very young over the phone. :p

Last edited:

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
No, you're not too old. Although, I'm one with a strong opinion of there being no age deemed "too old" to play video games. I'm 24 and absolutely love Splatoon, and other games. I used to have a friend on another game who was a mother of 3 and in her late 50's; and she was better at the game than I was. It's a simple matter of enjoying yourself with something you like. There's no harm in that, regardless of age.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
36. I started playing after I got it for my boy for Christmas. Up until this game most video games I played were versions of things I could play IRL (Chess, Magic the gathering, Risk)

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Fixing to be 38. Considering I'm also having a blast playing through Lego Jurassic World? Pretty sure nobody's too old for Splatoon, though I do totally understand the self-doubt. You're not alone XD

G

girigiriHERO

I'm actually in my 30's and there is literally no such thing as being "too old" for games. That's like saying you're too old to have fun. As long as you get enjoyment from it, it's fine, has nothing to do with age.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
It's nice to know people of all ages play splatoon! It's a really good game for everyone!
I'm 22, so i'm apparently one of the younger people here thinking about how people are saying they're in their 30s and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom