• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Amiibo Missions

Charger squid or "Squid" squid?

• Total voters

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I don't like the callie and marie amiibo as much as I thought I would, AND... I paid 35 dollars, for a three pack amiibo... that has the same missions!!! :( I should've waited for the other people like me to do the same thing... #Dumb...

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I don't like the callie and marie amiibo as much as I thought I would, AND... I paid 35 dollars, for a three pack amiibo... that has the same missions!!! :( I should've waited for the other people like me to do the same thing... #Dumb...
It was stated pretty much everywhere that the new version of the 3 squid amiibos were just recolors. You should have done research before buying them, honestly, then you wouldn't have "wasted your money". As a collector of Amiibos for the sake of owning figurines of characters alongside having game merch that I can use in various games (because believe me, those amiibos will have special features in games. i.e. planet robobot, of course.) I really enjoyed seeing the recolors despite owning the originals. I actually purchased them for my friend though as a gift while I was visiting them since we plan on moving in together when I get a job there, and we're going to share our amiibos. That's just me however, so perhaps you should return those amiibos if you don't like them so much so someone that actually enjoys getting and collecting them can have them.

As for the Callie and Marie amiibos, I'm assuming you were one of the people with ungodly high expectations of them? Be happy it at least lets you reminisce over the splatfests aesthetic and hear music. It's better than nothing.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I really enjoyed the missions and their rewards, and particularly liked the challenge of the Squid ones - even though I'm beyond useless with a Charger in real battles, I managed to get through that series with little trouble (aside from only being able to take out Octolings with my bombs...). Squid's missions, however, genuinely became difficult at times. A few occasions stick out to me.

In one ink-limited mission (the one with invisible platforms), I got splatted completely unnecessarily at the final climb up some tall invisible cubes guarded by a lot of two-tentacles Octarians. Didn't think it'd be too bad an issue... except that was the first time I'd been splatted in this type of mission and I didn't realise that ink lost would carry on across lives. I then proceeded to make one of the most awesome manoeuvres I've ever achieved in this game to redo the climb, being completely evasive around the Octarians (couldn't afford to take them out) and reach the end with literally just enough ink left to get the Zapfish (I mean, I think I had, at most, two shots after I burst its bubble).

Also, the timed DJ Octavio battle was brutal, I found. In theory, it's great, as you can just lie still and wait to be fired at, but... if you mess up about four times (out of, what, 20?), you simply cannot win in time any more. That's the only stage in which I've genuinely been defeated across all of single-player mode, and that two or three times (lost to time on a couple of earlier missions as well, but that was because I was goofing around and trying to collect all of the fish egg currencies).
I had a similar problem with the invisible platform levels, and had to dodge a lot of the Troopers just to make sure I had enough ink to break the light bulb.

And I kinda hoped the reskins would do more, unfortunately not. But I love the different colors!

I don't really think I had high expectations for what the Squid Sisters would do
I'm excited enough by the amiibo :P :)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I have not bought any of the five new Amiibos yet, although I do enjoy the Squid Amiibo - Except, of course, for the limited ink challenges. Sure, the sponge garden was alright, and I even mastered the Invisible Ink (Don't ask how, about 5 deaths/splats were included in part of the learning process) but I actually did have a lot of trouble in Spongy Observatory. There were just these...critical moments...that I seemed to miss, e.g. when there are two sponges and a Twintacle Octotrooper across them, it took a bit to learn that I should actually splat them as opposed to throwing a bomb, which, enevitably, used up about one whole [ink tank].

The roller was harder per se in the majority of the levels, especially the flooded levels because you are basically right behind your roller. On the other hand, with the charger, you can easily make a clear, straight path with little effort and swim through it. Alternatively, you could just use a seeker. :p

The inkling girl with her charger can be extremely convenient in a lot of levels...and extremely inconvenient in others. I'm gonna be honest and say this is my least favorite Amiibo. However, I still do enjoy it very much...especially hitting far-away Octarians when they least expect it! I did have some trouble with the Octolings in Blackbelly Skatepark. It's more accurate to sniping in Turf War/Ranked Battles (Which I am still learning! First thing on my Splatoon Bucket List is: Becoming a good enough sniper! :D

I have beaten all of the challenges except DJ Octavio with the Inkling Girl Amiibo. There have been some pretty hard ones and pretty easy ones. But the point of video games, to me, is to have fun. And that's why I enjoy all of the Amiibos. ~

(Thank you people who actually read this instead of skimming through the text lol)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I have not bought any of the five new Amiibos yet, although I do enjoy the Squid Amiibo - Except, of course, for the limited ink challenges. Sure, the sponge garden was alright, and I even mastered the Invisible Ink (Don't ask how, about 5 deaths/splats were included in part of the learning process) but I actually did have a lot of trouble in Spongy Observatory. There were just these...critical moments...that I seemed to miss, e.g. when there are two sponges and a Twintacle Octotrooper across them, it took a bit to learn that I should actually splat them as opposed to throwing a bomb, which, enevitably, used up about one whole [ink tank].

The roller was harder per se in the majority of the levels, especially the flooded levels because you are basically right behind your roller. On the other hand, with the charger, you can easily make a clear, straight path with little effort and swim through it. Alternatively, you could just use a seeker. :p

The inkling girl with her charger can be extremely convenient in a lot of levels...and extremely inconvenient in others. I'm gonna be honest and say this is my least favorite Amiibo. However, I still do enjoy it very much...especially hitting far-away Octarians when they least expect it! I did have some trouble with the Octolings in Blackbelly Skatepark. It's more accurate to sniping in Turf War/Ranked Battles (Which I am still learning! First thing on my Splatoon Bucket List is: Becoming a good enough sniper! :D

I have beaten all of the challenges except DJ Octavio with the Inkling Girl Amiibo. There have been some pretty hard ones and pretty easy ones. But the point of video games, to me, is to have fun. And that's why I enjoy all of the Amiibos. ~

(Thank you people who actually read this instead of skimming through the text lol)
I've beaten DJ Octavio with the sniper, and my tips to you are to watch where you're going, and don't use a full charge for every enemy. (I fell off the stage trying to snipe DJ Octavio)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
On the topic of the amiibo challenges, I am finding out a lot of the levels were easiest with the roller challenges, but the final boss (DJ Octavio) was easiest for me with the sniper and I cleared it faster than usual. I have yet to beat it as a roller, but I'm sure I will... soon.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
why cant we make our own custom amiibo?
You can commission someone to do it for you on Etsy or EBay or you can figure out how to do it yourself
As for official customs? I dunno
Would prolly get expensive and stuff

But getting color palates for Smash characters and making the Mii amiibo your mii would be a pretty great idea
Same with Inklings

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Why do NONE... of the squid amiibo have chargers? like for display? and I want at least one amiibo made based on a ranked battle, NOT, on octo-valley mode, but that would be cool, also they should have cpu for online battles, I find actual players too hard to battle with. :( ;)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Why do NONE... of the squid amiibo have chargers? like for display? and I want at least one amiibo made based on a ranked battle, NOT, on octo-valley mode, but that would be cool, also they should have cpu for online battles, I find actual players too hard to battle with. :( ;)
1. Not sure. Should be the case for the inkling girl Amiibo
But in any case, this can be remedied by an artist on eBay, Etsy, or tumblr
2. Would be interesting, but would better fall under a better Battle Dojo.
3. Practice makes perfect! ;) :) :D

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
They need more clothes made my amiibo's (as proof that you own some)

The callie and marie amiibo are not fun, for some reason, they made the plaza only with level 5-10's... WEIRD...

I hope with the new system, you can actually use the amiibo inside of the online games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I only have the Inkling girl amiibo (The orange one), and it was pretty fun unlocking new gear, the school outfit is really nice. As for the Hero charger, I found it hard to use it in boss battles. I don't use snipers/chargers in online play, so it was a big change for me. I know the Hero weapons have the same capabilities as regular ones, but they're just for show. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom