Amiibo Social: Exclusive to SquidBoards

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
As much as I love the character the G&W amiibo is probably going to look astronomically stupid.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I'm getting the all of Wave 4 (except Jigglypuff and Greninja) and the Splatoon 3-pack of amiibo. The ones I currently have are:
-Samus
-Link
-Fox
-Little Mac
-Zelda
-Kirby

I am just hoping that Nintendo does realize that their target audience for the amiibo have been losing out to scalpers, and will eventually re-release more stock of previous waves.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
As much as I love the character the G&W amiibo is probably going to look astronomically stupid.
I'm sure they could make it work. They could make him a bit thick or just make the outline thick. It's Nintendo, they'll find a way to do it right. :)

Rhino47

thInk Tank Captain
NNID
Rhino47
I currently have:
- Shulk
- Ike
- Toon Link
- Samus
- Luigi

I also have the following pre-ordered:
- Splatoon 3-pack
- Robin
- Lucina

nfan10039

Semi-Pro Squid
I currently have Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Zelda, Yoshi, Bowser, Fox, Marth, Sheik, Pit, Sonic, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Villager, Samus, Mario, Toon Link, Link, Peach, Mega Man, and Kirby. I also have the Splatoon set ordered off of Amazon.ca, I'm hoping to collect them all, but there's only so much money in the world(and I want to go to several conventions this summer).

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Dang, everyone has so many. I feel bad about myself now. ^^;

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
(Golly this thread was at the bottom of the page)

Thought I'd throw up a picture of my collection. It's not pretty, since I don't have a lot of space for 'em, but it works for now. The empty spots are for the next wave, and I'm ordering them as they appear in the smash roster.

http://imgur.com/XvJnVQe

(Also I know my wall is pink x_x)

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I currently own every released Smash Bros amiibo except for Little Mac and Shulk. Missed out on Mac and Amazon didn't receive enough to send a Shulk to me, which really sucks because I love those two and enjoy playing both of them. I also have a Toad amiibo, the Splatoon Special Edition and Inkling Boy and Girl on pre-order, as well as Greninja, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and even a Light Blue Yarn Yoshi. :p

What started off as a small plan to buy my Smash mains quickly escalated into wanting to collect them all. Honestly though, I've wanted the Smash characters as trophies ever since I played Melee. While amiibo may not be the best quality in terms of figures, the majority of them are detailed enough for the price they're sold at (at least the regular price) to warrant owning them, and to give me satisfaction from doing so. Although I will say that I don't think my wallet is deep enough to collect all amiibo from every single series, so once the Smash series is over, it will mainly be token purchases from then on.

Sadly I don't have a picture of my full collection, but if anyone wants to check it out, just let me know! :)

If Rusty Slugger sold amiibo

To be honest, every store that carries amiibo looks like that.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Unless they announce an amazing pre-order bonus for NA Splatoon, I'm probably getting the game digitally. Meaning I'm going to have a lot of cash on hand to spend on amiibos.

So, with that, I'm thinking of adding Olimar and Bowser Jr to my collection. Maybe Dr. Mario as well since I really like his design. And to also have a Mario since Mario is probably going to be a giving quite a bit of stuff. And this is in addition to the Jigglypuff and Shulk amiibo I was already planning on getting. I also might get Mr. G&W and R.O.B.

By the end of this, my collection should look like:
Pikachu
Rosalina & Luma
Inkling Girl
Inkling Squid
Inkling Boy
Jigglypuff
Olimar
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario
Shulk
Mr. G&W
R.O.B.

A pretty nice collection if I say so myself. 12 amiibos would be really nice looking to display.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
A pretty nice collection if I say so myself. 12 amiibos would be really nice looking to display.
If only I could convince myself that 12 would be enough. I already have 34 in my possession already. 10 more are pre-ordered, not to mention my Little Mac order from Japan, though I have no idea if they will deliver. Same goes for my Amazon Shulk order. I still have it because they will apparently be getting more stock in June but I have no idea if that's guaranteed. I don't want to fork out the extra money to pay scalpers but I really want EU boxes of Shulk and Mac just to match the rest.

I wish I could be happy with a smaller number like yourself. :(

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I have all 3 amibos pre-ordered. The Squid boy and girl are pre-ordered via Walmart, and then I am importing the Squid amibo from Japan.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Anyone hoping that Nintendo announces that they will release amiibo from previous waves to be restocked? I really would like Rosalina, Mega Man, and Sonic.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Anyone hoping that Nintendo announces that they will release amiibo from previous waves to be restocked? I really would like Rosalina, Mega Man, and Sonic.
Yes and yes. No amiibo have been mentioned for an August release this year, so it can either be for restocks, or a totally different wave of amiibo. Possibly wave 2 of Super Mario, or a new series altogether. I'm hoping it's to restock every single wave so far. There are a lot of people missing out on their amiibo, and I really want a Little Mac and Shulk amiibo without paying scalper prices. If my Japanese one arrives before then, I'll probably buy myself an EU one just to match the rest and give the Japanese one away.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If only I could convince myself that 12 would be enough. I already have 34 in my possession already. 10 more are pre-ordered, not to mention my Little Mac order from Japan, though I have no idea if they will deliver. Same goes for my Amazon Shulk order. I still have it because they will apparently be getting more stock in June but I have no idea if that's guaranteed. I don't want to fork out the extra money to pay scalpers but I really want EU boxes of Shulk and Mac just to match the rest.

I wish I could be happy with a smaller number like yourself. :(
When it comes down to it, I simply want the amiibos to display my interests and favorite characters. It makes absolutely no sense for me to own a DK or Diddy amiibo when I neither like them as characters or even care that much for their games for example.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
When it comes down to it, I simply want the amiibos to display my interests and favorite characters. It makes absolutely no sense for me to own a DK or Diddy amiibo when I neither like them as characters or even care that much for their games for example.
I totally agree. I'm not even sure why I got sucked into collecting them all. Funnily enough, if I didn't buy a couple of amiibo right away, I would've been able to order Little Mac, who I did want to get anyway because I like him and using him in Smash, but I let the lust for collecting take over me and that's on me for missing out on one of my favourite characters. Shulk was just unfortunate with Amazon.

Honestly, I do often consider selling a bunch of the amiibo I have to people that do want them. I won't put them for scapler prices, just enough to get my money back and cover postage. I hate thinking about how much money I'm spending on them. Especially when I realise they're £10.99 each in most cases, I want all the Smash amiibo and there are others I want. That's well over 50 amiibo and that's a lot of money. But of course, I am already so close to having the full Smash collection, so maybe I should finish it? But if I sold the characters I don't really care for, DK and Diddy are also examples in my case, then I could probably just get my money back, and maybe even use some of it to just pay a scalper and get Little Mac and Shulk. Amiibo problems are real. :(

Protom

Pro Squid
I'm having so much trouble finding the splatoon 3 pack, or even just the girl inkling
All I want is the school girl outfit ;_;

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
My collection is currently only Charizard, but I did buy Robin & Lucina for my brother, and I'd hope he'll let me admire them/steal them sometimes. All of them look stunning and got me hooked in enough to order more.

Got the Inkling Squid (as part of the EU exclusive amiibo & game pack) and Girl ordered too, and have Greninja, Dark Pit and the Blue Woolly Yoshi on pre-order for later on.

Really looking forward to the Splatoon amiibos for the missions and the exclusive gear/weapons - I'll buy the boy at a later time if he is still available, but funds can only allow for so many of these little figures for now.
Super excited to see what other functions Nintendo will give the amiibos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom