• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Amiibo Social: Exclusive to SquidBoards

MasterE

Inkling
I pretty much only bought my favorite characters. I got Kirby as a Christmas gift from a friend and I couldn't stop after that. I bought, toon link, sonic and megaman after I got Kirby. I just orderd villager since it was $26 with free 2 day shipping which isn't too bad. I pre ordered ness and robin at gamestop and should get them early June. I want the splatoon 3 pack but i don't know if they will have them launch day. Oh btw they are opened. I did the trick where you slice the bottom to take out the strip.

Last edited:
NNID
Smashbro
So apparently someone is selling a Mii Swordfighter amiibo prototype online.
I wasn't expecting the Mii Fighters to get amiibos, but this is definitely a pleasant surprise! I mean can you just imagine the crazy amount of custom Mii amiibos that people will make? So many cool things are going to come with this!
Miyamoto mentioned they were planning on making Mii amiibo's long ago, i'm kind of hoping they'll announce however Nintendo plans to do it at E3. Probably with a trailer of Iwata fighting Reggie and then bringing out his Iwata amiibo.

I pretty much bought my favorite character. I got Kirby as a Christmas gift from a friend and I couldn't stop after that. bought, toon link, sonic and megaman after I got Kirby. I just orderd villager since it was $26 with free 2 day shipping which isn't too bad. I pre ordered ness and robin at gamestop and should get them early June. I want the splatoon 3 pack but i don't know if they will have them launch day. Oh btw they are opened. I did the trick where you slice the bottom to take out the strip.
I used to do the same with my amiibo cases, but eventually they took too much space so I just threw the plastic packaging out and saved the card. I also paid the same for Villager, its a pretty great price considering he was mostly selling for $50+ before the reprint.

Inkie

Inkster Jr.
Personally I'm not all about collecting all of the Amiibos, I only want the ones I like, and that's about it. Needless to say though I did preorder the inkling amiibos. xD

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
I was lucky enough to get all of wave 1 in my local Toys R Us. Who knew so many of them would become rare one day? I still remember seeing so many Marths, Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers on the shelves... boy do amiibo times change haha.

Let's hope the same won't happen with the Splatoon amiibo. xP

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Splatoon amiibos looks great from what we have seen. Really well made.

Sheanor

Inkling
NNID
Shean0r
I've got 21 amiibo now! Nineteen from the SSB line and two from the SMB line. Just had Captain Falcon delivered today from the UK Nintendo store.
On top of those I have Sheik and Diddy Kong on they way. ZZS, Dr.Mario, Olimar, Bowser Jr, Splatoon 3 pack and Green yarn yoshi preordered!
I may have a teeny problem not having any more but I enjoy them so that's okay xD

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
Currently have yoshi, Luigi, Fox, DK, Diddy, Zelda, Bowser, and both Sonic and Mega in box.
Those two are probably my rarest so that's why I'm keeping them in box.
The one I want the most out of any is Ness but god dang is he rare.

Sheanor

Inkling
NNID
Shean0r
The one I want the most out of any is Ness but god dang is he rare.
That is so true, I've never seen Ness in the wild not even as a preorder. It makes me so sad because he's one of my favourites.
My rarest would have to be Marth who I got by a total fluke.

MasterE

Inkling
Finally got off my lazy butt and pre-ordered the Inkling Girl amiibo; I wanted to get it from somewhere like Target or GameStop, but settled on Wal-Mart. It'll come to my house like a week after it comes out, but it'll be worth the wait (plus Wal-Mart offered free shipping to my house, so that's a plus).

Also debating on whether or not to import Ness or wait patiently for him to get relisted on GameStop (which'll probably won't happen for a loooong time lol).
nice Skull girls avatar btw.
That is so true, I've never seen Ness in the wild not even as a preorder. It makes me so sad because he's one of my favourites.
My rarest would have to be Marth who I got by a total fluke.
i was lucky. My friend was going to game stop to buy all of wave 4. I went a little early just to get him a space in line and when i saw Ness (my main since 64) was exclusive to GS i had to get him.

Sheanor

Inkling
NNID
Shean0r
i was lucky. My friend was going to game stop to buy all of wave 4. I went a little early just to get him a space in line and when i saw Ness (my main since 64) was exclusive to GS i had to get him.
Oh nice! My local shops never carry extras, they only stock preorders sadly :x Most of mine where either preorders or as I said complete flukes. I only got Marth because a GAME employee stuck him in his locker and forgot about him.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I finally got my Little Mac and I'm super happy. All I need now is Shulk and my life is basically complete. After hearing about the Mii prototype, I'm really not sure if I can be bothered to complete the Smash set or not. It's so much money and I have almost all the ones I really want. Missing Shulk as I said, and I just need to wait for a couple of pre-orders to be released.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I actually don't hear that much from casual amiibo fans myself. Most of the comments I see are of people already struggling or trying all they can to get the amiibos they want.
I'm pretty much a casual collector. if the design interests me, or if I can find it in shops, I'll pick it up. Didn't start collecting until the splatoon amiibo were rumored. I told myself, if splatoon amiibos are announced, I'd be preordering. probably could have come in at a better time than amiibogeddon.

so far I've only purchased the classic arcade trio (Donkey Kong, Pacman, Mario), and the 3 pack. thought about Kirby, but it sold when I returned.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
It seems like everyone has a King Dedede amiibo besides me. I really want one, but I'm not going to pay over $20 for one. Hopefully there'll be more in stock soon.

I'm going to try my hardest to get a Jigglypuff amiibo since I'll already be at Target since that's where I pre-ordered Splatoon, but I'm not a very lucky person at all so I seriously doubt that there'll just happen to be one in stock. I don't know how many amiibo collectors are in my community, it seems like there aren't many at all but I might be surprised.

Last edited:

Redgiant18

Inkling
NNID
Redgiant18
I kind of went crazy after I got my first amiibo . My list of what j have is kind of long . For the smash bros series I have Mario lungi peach Rosalina bowser donkey kong diddy kong villager link toon link shiek Zelda Samus Kirby shulk fox Ike marth pikachu wifi fit trainer sonic mega man lucario . And for the Mario party series I have a toad and a custom white yoshi . I plan on getting the splatoon 3 pack but if I can't I'll probably just get the girl inkling . I've had a lot of success when it comes to amiibo hunting . So I hope I can keep it up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom