• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

An Idea I had to try to slowly make Squidboards active again.

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
As we all know, this place is pretty empty right now. However, we could change that around if we do two things:

1. We pool all of our knowledge about the game, and make guides for all sorts of things in Splatoon 3. Right now, a lot of that info is locked behind Discord, and if we can get as much of that info as we can onto here, Squidboards could end up being known as one of the best places to find accurate guides, tips, stats, and more, alongside the more casual things like art and lore discussion.

2. We make posts fairly regularly, so that when people DO come to the forum, they don't immeadiately leave because of how dead it looks. I'm going to try making at least one post every other day to make the home page look more active and contribute to discussion, and if you guys do something similar, the forum will appear much more active, drawing more people here.

So yeah, that was my idea! I might try making a Salmon Run guide, as that's the mode I'm most proficient at. If there's anything you know, try to share it here!

With the current issues with Reddit and Twitter, as well as how Discord just kind of sucks for storing information, forums are looking like a better and better option for discussion and information storage, so I think that reviving this place would be a massive boon to the entire community! Have a good day, y'all. :)

Cephalobro

I pointed out something very obscure about the first Big Run is that there was one spot in Wahoo World where you could mess with Salmonid AI. Some obscure things to point out might make it interesting.

But I'm more on the creative side, writing little stories and making SFM stuff (I still suck at drawing) is what I do for now. But I can also bring in some lore stuff, especially Octarian lore as I have made countless theories about that when Splatoon 2 was relatively new and the Octo Expansion was very new.

Now while there could also be threads with leaked stuff, it's something where it needs to be marked as spoilers and also includes a spoiler warning until at least a month has passed since the findings of leaked information and storyline. That way there is a choice for those reading whether they want to see spoilers or not while also giving enough time for those who don't want to see spoilers to see most, if not all things for themselves.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
My suggestion would be to eventually add sub-forums for weapons, subs and specials to the competitive forum. I noticed Smashboards has fighter pages for each game where you can talk about them and how to use them. This could go a long way into making Squidboards a resource for the casual and competitive community instead of having to go to external sites like Reddit or Discord. I don't have the tech skills to pull something like this off but it's a suggestion for the mods. Also, we should have sub-forums for abilities.

starry_echo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0303-8738-0802
Hey, I just saw this thread. I was planning on following a similar endeavor with PVP, as I'm involved in both tournament play and overfishing.

I think the primary resources for getting into OFing would probably just be their main Discord server and the HUGE resource document they have. Hazmy's youtube channel could also be quite helpful.

But I definitely agree that Squidboards could serve as either an archive or a forum to get the community to be more public-facing! Looking forward to being around this platform a bit more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom