• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any Noticeable Changes in 2.6.0?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
We have all finally been blessed with this new Splatoon Update, but has anyone noticed anything different from the previous update? I put together this video about seeing that the Killer Wail's start up animation was changed...

Other than that, I haven't really seen anything that stood out to me...
Anyone else notice anything?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16462

My squad tested majority of these and seems right. Opening Gambit I am somewhat certain is miswritten and does what another patch note says it does which was "The effects of Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up will be applied as if 3 main slots were equipped."

Bomb Sniffer stops Burstbombs that don't have damage up boosts from killing in 2 hits. 1 Damage Up Main and 1 Sub will not kill in 2 hits if you have Bomb Sniffer and 3 def subs or more. Iirc, Eliter-gear burst bombs will most of the time still kill u if u just have Bomb Sniffer and 1 def main. Don't remember the results of Eliter-gear burst bombs vs excessive Defup+Bomb Sniffer.

Its definitly possible to throw 5 Burst bomb subs with Ink Saver (sub) now.

Haunt and LDE extra effects are equal to 1 main approximately. LDE QR effect might be 2, need to throughly test.

Last edited:

Umbre

Inkling
NNID
yumebbu
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16462

My squad tested majority of these and seems right. Opening Gambit I am somewhat certain is miswritten and does what another patch note says it does which was "The effects of Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up will be applied as if 3 main slots were equipped."
I haven't tested OG myself, but based on how it's wrote, it means it's making the main abilities of your gear essentially better for 30 seconds, instead of giving you extra swim and run speed. At least, assuming this is what they actually meant to change with OG. You haven't noticed any change with OG regarding any of the main abilities?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I haven't tested OG myself, but based on how it's wrote, it means it's making the main abilities of your gear essentially better for 30 seconds, instead of giving you extra swim and run speed. At least, assuming this is what they actually meant to change with OG. You haven't noticed any change with OG regarding any of the main abilities?
When testing, everyone had insane speed no matter what ability they wore. When testing what the NA patch notes indicate we saw no noticoable boosts to the main ability a person was wearing such as QR.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
The damage up of Haunt when being echolocated is noticeable with a 52 and 96 Gal. I'll probably test it later with an Octoshot/Tentatek, but it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference with my main which is the Luna Blaster.

The weapon matchups in my games today were so much better as well! So far that's the best thing about the update to me. I think limiting ranked matchmaking to the same general rank will pay dividends as time goes on, hopefully making the skill of each rank more distinct than it is now.

FullMetalB1tch

Inkling
We have all finally been blessed with this new Splatoon Update, but has anyone noticed anything different from the previous update? I put together this video about seeing that the Killer Wail's start up animation was changed...

I was crushed by the new killer wail last night. And the graphic is different when it hits you-- it fills the tv screen :). Can I share this video with a Splatoon facebook group? I told them about the new graphics, but they wanted to see what it looks like now. Great video, btw. Thanks!

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
I was crushed by the new killer wail last night. And the graphic is different when it hits you-- it fills the tv screen :). Can I share this video with a Splatoon facebook group? I told them about the new graphics, but they wanted to see what it looks like now. Great video, btw. Thanks!
Yes, you may and thank you. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the change, haha.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64

This is one change I definitely noticed in them making the wail more noticeable, which is funny sine I ran into it more than 5 times anyway thus knocking me out of Rank :p

I am happy that they finally adjusted the ranking system so we don't get punished by ranks that are 1 or 2 ranks higher. Perhaps this time I'll stay at that new rank, haha.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
One thing I'd like to point out is that the update said that weapons will now be taken into consideration in ranked. Strangely though, last night I was playing and had 3 rollers on my team, and needless to say we lost, so I'm curious to know exactly how this was 'adjusted'.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
One thing I'd like to point out is that the update said that weapons will now be taken into consideration in ranked. Strangely though, last night I was playing and had 3 rollers on my team, and needless to say we lost, so I'm curious to know exactly how this was 'adjusted'.
maybe it is for a room? before the update i had a match 3 rollers vs 3 chargers i was so mad.....
I thought we would lose for sure

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
maybe it is for a room? before the update i had a match 3 rollers vs 3 chargers i was so mad.....
I thought we would lose for sure
Nah, the update details don't say anything about it being only for rooms. I'm going to guess that it makes same weapon team comps less likely, rather than eliminating them altogether. It did only happen for one match, in any event.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Nah, the update details don't say anything about it being only for rooms. I'm going to guess that it makes same weapon team comps less likely, rather than eliminating them altogether. It did only happen for one match, in any event.
yeah but what i meant was, (I know what you mean and get that) my point was I would not really call it broken unless the room itself is a bad mix (I/e 3/4 rollers vs 3/4 chargers insted of splitting them up between the 2 teams) only real way to know if it is working or not

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
yeah but what i meant was, (I know what you mean and get that) my point was I would not really call it broken unless the room itself is a bad mix (I/e 3/4 rollers vs 3/4 chargers insted of splitting them up between the 2 teams) only real way to know if it is working or not
I dont remember the weapons the opposing team was using, only that they were varied. I'm not doubting that weapon comps were adjusted, just a bit disappointed that it still happens, despite the patch explicitly stating that it would be taken into account. Just an isolated incident I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom