• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any pokemon players/fans here???

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Working on a shiny living dex in Violet right now! Currently at 110/400 found, so its gonna take a good while until I finish it.
I hope that you already got the shiny gimmighoul from a couple of months back

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
definitely, as if the tag weren't a dead giveaway

enjoyed my brief stints with vgc in gens 8-9, now i just play casually. the one showdown format i always play when i'm in the mood for pvp is my beautiful, beloved randbats.

the rest of the time it's singleplayer challenge runs, nuzlockes, and randomizers for kicks

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Despite everything, I am still a pokemon fan, lol (mew literally in bio).

Like to shiny hunt and I dabble in the VGC sometimes, though I've always found it hard to follow and wrap my head around.

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
I would still play if there was anything interesting. I go back to my old games now and then (Diamond/ Explorers of Time/ Shadows of Almia) for a visit. The games I do spend the most time on nowadays are Pokemon X (working on shiny 5IV cyndaquil) and Pokemon Unite (it's unique to me in that I never played a LoL-style game before, so I enjoy it). Maybe one of these days I'll buy a new gen game so I can transfer all my lil guys into the future, but as it stands, I have no reason to. Still love Pokemon a lot as a critter enthusiast. I like lookin at em!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
definitely, as if the tag weren't a dead giveaway

enjoyed my brief stints with vgc in gens 8-9, now i just play casually. the one showdown format i always play when i'm in the mood for pvp is my beautiful, beloved randbats.

the rest of the time it's singleplayer challenge runs, nuzlockes, and randomizers for kicks
I like the way how you spelled it honestly
randbats is a goated format ngl
need to start playing it again
also imma sucker for randomizers

Despite everything, I am still a pokemon fan, lol (mew literally in bio).

Like to shiny hunt and I dabble in the VGC sometimes, though I've always found it hard to follow and wrap my head around.
its hard for sure especially when it comes to raising mons/getting shards/meta shifts blah blah blah
hell I have a hard time myself sometimes lmao
whats your favorite shiny mon?

alright meowstic pfp

I would still play if there was anything interesting. I go back to my old games now and then (Diamond/ Explorers of Time/ Shadows of Almia) for a visit. The games I do spend the most time on nowadays are Pokemon X (working on shiny 5IV cyndaquil) and Pokemon Unite (it's unique to me in that I never played a LoL-style game before, so I enjoy it). Maybe one of these days I'll buy a new gen game so I can transfer all my lil guys into the future, but as it stands, I have no reason to. Still love Pokemon a lot as a critter enthusiast. I like lookin at em!
sometimes its nice to just go back to the older games and theres nothing wrong with that!
I haven't messed with unite enough but I heard some nice stuff about it

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
If you want a real response - yeah I probably wouldn't even be close to the kind of person I am now if it weren't for Pokemon. I've done A LOT of different things for this series. Spent a lot of time shiny hunting when XY came out, have done a bunch of Nuzlockes and solo runs, had a smaller YouTube channel for a bit that has like two videos over 1k views, tried making a fangame, was a staff member for Smogon for a bit, made it to the top of a Pokemon Showdown ladder, actually learned how to code Pokemon Showdown stuff too, learned pixel art for fanmade Pokemon designs etc etc etc. I got into Smash solely because I wanted to play as the Pokemon as a kid and now I go to irl tournaments for that game playing Mewtwo because of course it'd be a Pokemon.

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
its hard for sure especially when it comes to raising mons/getting shards/meta shifts blah blah blah
hell I have a hard time myself sometimes lmao
whats your favorite shiny mon?
Probably Gardevoir. My favorite mon in general, and my favorite color? **** yeah. First mon I ever hunted for iirc.

Hokuto

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
I play Pokémon for the story. (prepares to get ejected from the thread) Seriously, though, I took on an emergent narrative approach a few years back and it small kine changed my life. I made up characters to fit into the Gen 8 games I played (Shining Pearl, Shield, Legends: Arceus) instead of a self-insert, and just by playing the games, they and their Pokémon developed their own personalities and desires. I don't always get to make the decisions I want to, but those decisions tend to have rewarding payoffs in other ways. This beautiful mess got so big it escaped containment, directly influencing my Scarlet playthrough and my Octo Expansion run. (Yes, you read that right.) If you like emergent narrative, creative fulfillment, or a conspiracy board so convoluted you run out of string, I highly recommend this approach to playing Pokémon. Please talk to me about this if it interests you. I love this process and can no longer play Pokémon the regular way.

I can tell you the name and types (not in order) of any Pokémon you show me, but not what I ate for breakfast yesterday. Three different professionals called it "autism."

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
been a casual pokemon fan ever since I could play videogames, but i stick to the 2d titles. they're like the videogame equivalent of junk food, i play them when I just want something cozy and familiar. currently playing blue and may or may not try for a livingdex!
johto tops btw (totally not biased or nostalgic at all nope)

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
I’ve always been a fan of the series, but these past few releases have seen me fall of from the games HARD, I just kinda stopped vibing with the overall gameplay experience, but I still love the creatures & characters side of things

Null

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6453-7637-3892
I play a lot more casually but I like shiny hunting and im big into pokedex completion 😋

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
If you want a real response - yeah I probably wouldn't even be close to the kind of person I am now if it weren't for Pokemon. I've done A LOT of different things for this series. Spent a lot of time shiny hunting when XY came out, have done a bunch of Nuzlockes and solo runs, had a smaller YouTube channel for a bit that has like two videos over 1k views, tried making a fangame, was a staff member for Smogon for a bit, made it to the top of a Pokemon Showdown ladder, actually learned how to code Pokemon Showdown stuff too, learned pixel art for fanmade Pokemon designs etc etc etc. I got into Smash solely because I wanted to play as the Pokemon as a kid and now I go to irl tournaments for that game playing Mewtwo because of course it'd be a Pokemon.
damn so many accomplishments
thats based as hell
love it!

Probably Gardevoir. My favorite mon in general, and my favorite color? **** yeah. First mon I ever hunted for iirc.
Garde is one my favorites too
shiny mega gardevoir is probably one of the best ones (black shinies are my favorites)

I play Pokémon for the story. (prepares to get ejected from the thread) Seriously, though, I took on an emergent narrative approach a few years back and it small kine changed my life. I made up characters to fit into the Gen 8 games I played (Shining Pearl, Shield, Legends: Arceus) instead of a self-insert, and just by playing the games, they and their Pokémon developed their own personalities and desires. I don't always get to make the decisions I want to, but those decisions tend to have rewarding payoffs in other ways. This beautiful mess got so big it escaped containment, directly influencing my Scarlet playthrough and my Octo Expansion run. (Yes, you read that right.) If you like emergent narrative, creative fulfillment, or a conspiracy board so convoluted you run out of string, I highly recommend this approach to playing Pokémon. Please talk to me about this if it interests you. I love this process and can no longer play Pokémon the regular way.

I can tell you the name and types (not in order) of any Pokémon you show me, but not what I ate for breakfast yesterday. Three different professionals called it "autism."
hey story lovers are welcome here too! (hence why I said anything :P)
and honestly thats an interesting approach to how to play the games
never would've thought about it like that

been a casual pokemon fan ever since I could play videogames, but i stick to the 2d titles. they're like the videogame equivalent of junk food, i play them when I just want something cozy and familiar. currently playing blue and may or may not try for a livingdex!
johto tops btw (totally not biased or nostalgic at all nope)
oh absolutely its like the ol'reliable of games
I never attempted a living dex before but it looks fun to do for sure!

I’ve always been a fan of the series, but these past few releases have seen me fall of from the games HARD, I just kinda stopped vibing with the overall gameplay experience, but I still love the creatures & characters side of things
and thats valid!
the creatures are always nice to look at especially when a new generation comes up or whenever they shoehorn new forms of existing pokemon in another game
i've never been a big character person from the games but looking back
I do begin to appreciate some of them

I play a lot more casually but I like shiny hunting and im big into pokedex completion 😋
completing the pokedex can be annoying sometimes (trade evos are the worst!)
but it feels hella good after finishing it though!
whats your favorite shiny?

Amit

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7091-9381-8335
oh sick me too!
how long have you been playing vgc?
ive been playing since swsh, and i really like it! funnily enough im returning to swsh atm just to shiny hunt some legendaries i havent yet, Dynamax Adventures are NOT forgiving XD

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
ive been playing since swsh, and i really like it! funnily enough im returning to swsh atm just to shiny hunt some legendaries i havent yet, Dynamax Adventures are NOT forgiving XD
swsh babies for lyfe
hey now there will be no dmax adventures slander in this maushold
at least we can shiny hunt legendaries in that game unlike sv

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
whats your favorite shiny? :scared:
personally i have many many many favorites, but my favorite is drifloon/drifblim because of my memory of getting it. SRing the valley windworks drifloon in diamond back in 2019 and i got it in exactly 50 SRs. color-wise, i love blue and teal shinies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom