• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any Tips for Chargers?

Stego

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-8184-9613-2224
I'm a low level charger player and wanted to ask if anyone had any tips for chargers, i mainly play e-liter but general tips work aswell.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Well, I'm not sure what low-level refers to, so I'll just dump some general tips, sorry if any of them are too obvious!

For eliter you'll get a lot of value for your team simply by staying alive to give jumps and making sure your team doesn't wipe, so don't overextend and back up when your team's getting overwhelmed. You always want the enemies to be worried that they might get randomly sniped if they're not careful

You're usually the player your teammates trust to pick up the rainmaker and ride the tower, since your main weapon can't really take space and be aggressive, so you'll be the one to start your team's pushes. So be mindful of the state of the game and whether or not your team's in a position to score

If you get flanked or rushed down on the vanilla liter, spamming mines is unironically a strategy, it's really reliable damage and paint, and might alert your team that you need help. Otherwise, just super jump back to spawn if you're in hot waters (stacking a lot of qsj is really good for that)

You can right side peek with chargers, which is a technique that requires you to charge your shot while looking at a piece of cover right in front of you to block your laser, move slightly to the right so the majority of your body is blocked, and fire while being somewhat protected, it's really important to learn

And, especially for higher levels, you don't want to be too predictable with the angles you take. Some maps don't really allow you to do that, but you don't want the enemies to know where you'll aim at at all times. Keep them on their toes, and if no one's getting into your sightline, don't hesitate to switch positions!

Good luck!

Stego

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-8184-9613-2224
Well, I'm not sure what low-level refers to, so I'll just dump some general tips, sorry if any of them are too obvious!

For eliter you'll get a lot of value for your team simply by staying alive to give jumps and making sure your team doesn't wipe, so don't overextend and back up when your team's getting overwhelmed. You always want the enemies to be worried that they might get randomly sniped if they're not careful

You're usually the player your teammates trust to pick up the rainmaker and ride the tower, since your main weapon can't really take space and be aggressive, so you'll be the one to start your team's pushes. So be mindful of the state of the game and whether or not your team's in a position to score

If you get flanked or rushed down on the vanilla liter, spamming mines is unironically a strategy, it's really reliable damage and paint, and might alert your team that you need help. Otherwise, just super jump back to spawn if you're in hot waters (stacking a lot of qsj is really good for that)

You can right side peek with chargers, which is a technique that requires you to charge your shot while looking at a piece of cover right in front of you to block your laser, move slightly to the right so the majority of your body is blocked, and fire while being somewhat protected, it's really important to learn

And, especially for higher levels, you don't want to be too predictable with the angles you take. Some maps don't really allow you to do that, but you don't want the enemies to know where you'll aim at at all times. Keep them on their toes, and if no one's getting into your sightline, don't hesitate to switch positions!

Good luck!
thanks for the tips im div 9, kinda forgot to mention that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom