• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else expecting mediocre reviews?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I expect reviews will be across the board. A lot of reviewers just never give good scores to Nintendo, especially ones that aren't Mario or Zelda and are thus 'safe to trash. I'm sure we'll hear a lot of dumb excuses like "0/10 no voice chat makes the game literally unplayable". But there are just as many who already seem to be giving it glowing praise, so I expect they won't all be negative.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
Well, when the game gets really good reviews, people will say that it is "overrated."
You can't win. Don't sweat it too much.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't really care much about reviews. Other than it will influence the amount of sales this game will get. I predict generally good reviews with the occasional criticism of lack of Voice chat, Inability to change loadouts between matches, and other content that have should have been in the game from the start.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I'm expecting a lot of high reviews with a lot of complaints about voice chat and seemingly low content amount being forgiven with the free updates. There's a heckload of media hype and love for this game, kind of interesting to see people expecting the worst out of reviews (not that they matter tbh).

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Video game review is just opinions, treating opinions as facts is stupid.
Even if the reviews are giving out 0's on the game.
The overloaded server on the last testfire proves that people don't believe in poor reviews anymore, or at least won't believe it, unless it's of the same opinion.

MrRoidley

Full Squid
I think the reviews will be positive to mixed, but nothing negative. Overall I expect a 75/100.
Like, all the pre-release stuff I've been seeing is positive, but the "incomplete" state of the game at launch and no voice chat may have huge weight on some reviewer's opinions.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
It will probably end up somewhere in the low 80s. Some will give it critical acclaim based on the game, and others will give it poor scores for content it doesn't have and they think it needs (IE voice chat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom