Anyone else feel like they are coming home with the splatoon 1/2 lobbies?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I went back to inkopolis plaza around a week ago and that's exactly what it felt like

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
When DLC Wave 1 dropped and Inkopolis Plaza became accessible, I thought the whole thing was kind of stupid. Then I unlocked Inkopolis Square and now I get it. (Side Order spoiler)I just wish my Agent 4 was somewhere.

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Inkopolis Plaza was 100% the reason I bought the dlc. I didn't even realise that Side Order came with it. I just wanted to be back where I belong. I haven't set foot in Splatsville since

Cephalobro

Yup, coming back to Inkopolis Plaza did feel like coming home, even though I play as an Octoling now.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
When DLC Wave 1 dropped and Inkopolis Plaza became accessible, I thought the whole thing was kind of stupid. Then I unlocked Inkopolis Square and now I get it. (Side Order spoiler)I just wish my Agent 4 was somewhere.
Literally same, I totally get the nostalgia now, like those pink and green loading screens, just chef's kiss

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Not fully, as Splatoon 3 was my first real Splatoon game (I'd bought and owned Splatoon 1 when it first came out when I was a kid, but I was too intimidated by online multiplayer to ever enter a single match. Instead I played the hero mode once, and literally never touched the game again and eventually sold it. I have so many regrets. As a lesbian who loves retro/vaporwave aesthetics the fact I only got into Splatoon AFTER the retro/vaporwave aesthetics DLC with heavily queercoded female characters is HEARTBREAKING), but I really do love how the returning hub areas serve to allow people like me to get to experience them!

I'm especially excited now that Splatoon 2s hub is here, Off the Hook has my favorite Splatfest music (They all have their appeals, Squid Sisters feel like a concert, Off the Hooks feels like a full party, and Deep Cuts feels like a festival, if that makes sense), so getting to experience it in game rather than just listening to the music has me really excited!

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
As a lesbian who loves retro/vaporwave aesthetics the fact I only got into Splatoon AFTER the retro/vaporwave aesthetics DLC with heavily queercoded female characters is HEARTBREAKING
It's technically not too late! I bought Splatoon 2 in late 2023, got Octo Expansion for my birthday, rolled credits this January, and still enjoyed myself! (Well, mostly. Looking at you, 8 Ball levels.) If you somehow haven't been spoilered rotten through pop culture osmosis, I highly recommend giving it a go.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
It's technically not too late! I bought Splatoon 2 in late 2023, got Octo Expansion for my birthday, rolled credits this January, and still enjoyed myself! (Well, mostly. Looking at you, 8 Ball levels.) If you somehow haven't been spoilered rotten through pop culture osmosis, I highly recommend giving it a go.
Ha, I actually did a few months back! I found a used copy at a local Walmart for cheap and bought it, the poor cashier had to listen as rambled endlessly to my mother about my personal history with Splatoon 1 and 3 while buying a used copy of Splatoon 2 with the Splatoon 2 colored JoyCons (The entire reason I was even AT Walmart was because my old JoyCons finally kicked the bucket, and I was picking up a new pair). I feel like she might've gotten the idea that I like Splatoon or something

But yeah no OE was absolutely worth it, VERY very fun. Honestly I wouldn't have spoiled via pop culture osmosis (I went into Splatoon vaguely knowing Marina is implied to be gay, that there's squids, and then I remembered the ending of Splat1 hero mode from when I played it, aaaand that was about it!), I was spoiled from obsessively reading the wiki basically the moment I realized Splat3 was fun, actually. I just still think its a bit funny that Splat2/OE sound like they were tailor made for me specifically, and they were the only aspects of the franchise I'd never experienced before

Now the next question is when am I going to stop having dreams about buying used copies of Splat1. Literally last night I had probably my 5th dream involving me finding a used copy of Splat1 and/or amiibo I don't have in my collection already. What I wouldn't give to have actually played the multiplayer and realized how fun it was as a kid </3

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
What I wouldn't give to have actually played the multiplayer and realized how fun it was as a kid </3
I was around OG Agent 3's age when Splatoon 1 came out. We just didn't have a Wii U. Sometimes I wish I found this series sooner, but then I think about how I wouldn't have the ridiculously cool (subjective) personal canon I devised if Squid Kid Hokuto got to make the rules instead of Adult Hokuto Who Knows What "Emergent Narrative" Means. (Message me if you're interested in continuing this conversation. If not, I think I should let people return to this thread's topic. Turns out Inkopolis Plaza has a silver lining and his name is Spyke.)

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I'm never leaving inkopolis square... It's just so nice to come back to it...

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Sadly no, Splat 3 was my first game, so I just think the DLC plazas are just a cool extra feature. I hope other people get nostalgic though, from what I've heard they feel very authentic.
same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom