Anyone else find this werid?

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female she/her
So remember when the expansion pass was first introduced? It was called an expansion PASS so this might be indicating we might be getting new content to play in the game. I was thinking maybe the jellyfish was an indication of this at the end of the new sizzle season trailer. What do you guys think?

Cephalobro

My thought was a new single-player story to wrap up what needed to be wrapped up, after all, it did feel like those intro cutscenes.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
My thought was a new single-player story to wrap up what needed to be wrapped up, after all, it did feel like those intro cutscenes.
I think it would be hilarious and awesome if we could go back to the crater and have a proper bossfight against DJ Octavio, reminiscent of Splatoon 1. It would fit perfectly.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
New console's not too far off so I can't imagine we're getting anything too crazy from here on out. Maaaaaaybe one new season for third kits and something else I won't go into that's unconfirmed, but heavily hinted at from data mines, but I doubt we'll end up getting anything beyond those.

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
So remember when the expansion pass was first introduced? It was called an expansion PASS so this might be indicating we might be getting new content to play in the game. I was thinking maybe the jellyfish was an indication of this at the end of the new sizzle season trailer. What do you guys think?
Sorry to say this but since they presumably want to entice people to buy the expansion pass, if there was additional content for it wouldn't they have announced it already? I understand that it's likely most of the potential buyers probably already got it, but there still would be at least some people on the margin for them to go for.

What we got does technically meet the definition of an expansion pass (for better or worse) since it included Inkopolis Plaza (wave 1) as well as Side Order (wave 2). Inkopolis might seem a little platry to some (or a lot) of folks but they did deliver exactly what they promised they would. I know ProChara had a theory early on that there could be four waves based on the four stacked banners in and four color theme in the announcement trailer but if there was going to be anything like that I think it's pretty likely they would have told us by now (maybe the were considering additional waves if it sold well enough or something).

This is of course as somewhat separate from the discussion that there might be some additional content to the base game (which I'm kind skeptical of, but I've yapped about that too much elsewhere).

Edit: sorry if this came out sounding a little harsh. I think the expansion pass was kind of lackluster myself tbh since one wave was definitely *a lot* smaller than the other. I think they should have just sold it as Side Order (I'm pretty sure most people would have still bought it). But yeah I'm kind of assuming that if there was anything else they would have told us already.

Last edited:

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Edit: sorry if this came out sounding a little harsh. I think the expansion pass was kind of lackluster myself tbh since one wave was definitely *a lot* smaller than the other. I think they should have just sold it as Side Order (I'm pretty sure most people would have still bought it). But yeah I'm kind of assuming that if there was anything else they would have told us already.
You very much have a point though. We don't ask if someone bought the expansion pass, we ask if they bought Side Order.

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
You very much have a point though. We don't ask if someone bought the expansion pass, we ask if they bought Side Order.
It would be like if a restaurant said "Enjoy our wonderful two course meal! The first course is a garden salad. The second course is beef wellington served with roasted sweet and spicy brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes. It also comes with salad".

Arigato!

Pro Squid
I think it would be hilarious and awesome if we could go back to the crater and have a proper bossfight against DJ Octavio, reminiscent of Splatoon 1. It would fit perfectly.
But he helped us, remember? There cant not be a small bond between Octavio and Cuttefish there. And he let me crash his mech :).

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
But he helped us, remember? There cant not be a small bond between Octavio and Cuttefish there. And he let me crash his mech :).
I know, but it would fit Octavio's personality to want a rematch, even after making peace with the new squidbeak splatoon.
And it would be funny to have him be the last boss the player fights in the story of the first three games.
But mostly, I just want another secret boss. After Alterna and the secret palette left me a bit disappointed. I desire a challenge.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
I know, but it would fit Octavio's personality to want a rematch, even after making peace with the new squidbeak splatoon.
And it would be funny to have him be the last boss the player fights in the story of the first three games.
But mostly, I just want another secret boss. After Alterna and the secret palette left me a bit disappointed. I desire a challenge.
I want to beat all the splatoon 1 bosses powered up no damage then fight octavio on an inkrail that shuts off every 2 seconds :). But that's just the beginning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom