• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else hyped for the new leaked content?

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
How do we know this is an actual leak and not NWPlayer123 just messing around with the octoling texture again? And them predicting what could happen?
Sorry, if I missed something.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
How do we know this is an actual leak and not NWPlayer123 just messing around with the octoling texture again? And them predicting what could happen?
Sorry, if I missed something.
It's real, see twitter for reference! https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123 Also NWPlayer said the octoling skins are currently not fully developed, so they'll have adjusted everything in the update coming in october, hopefully - octoling october?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I wonder if new amiibos = new single player content? That would be nice.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I wonder if new amiibos = new single player content? That would be nice.
If they release new amiibos it's gonna be like the other ones. So yes I think! 1 reskinned weapon and 3 gear pieces to unlock (when Callie and Marie are planned,it's most likely their outfit then!)

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Ok, so the Callie and Marie Amiibo was just them speculating, just as I thought.
And that Octolings might become playable is also old news, so where is the leak?

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
If they release new amiibos it's gonna be like the other ones. So yes I think! 1 reskinned weapon and 3 gear pieces to unlock (when Callie and Marie are planned,it's most likely their outfit then!)
So for callie and marie we should get their clothes, a callie themed roller and a marie themed charger. The octoling girl might give a octoscope and then if they make an octoling boy and give that an amiibo hopefully we can get an octoroller

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Octolings being playable in the future was predictable. Still, pretty hyped for it.

Guy in the video was rude though.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Great, just when I thought I was done amiibo hunting. . . I thought I was done after the SSB batch, guess I better nurture my wallet until then. ;~;

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The files and how they were set up indeed directed towards playable Octolings.
The amiibo and the new singleplayer content were the only thing that was any real surprise.

Also, Etika is a moron if he thinks he can win a legal battle against a multi-million dollar company.
Also, he cursed way too much.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Nice way of screwing most players over, you mean? Because the majority of Splatoon players don't have amiibos.
I don't know if "screwing most players over" is the appropriate term. It's not like it's necessary content that comes with it. It's a reskinned weapon, and a few pieces of gear you likely won't be using much anyways (competitively speaking). I mean, if you don't get them, yea it sucks, but you're not left out of key information in the game or an entirely new type of weapon. Now, if it comes with an entirely new kind of weapon, i.e new roller w/ new subs and specials, then I can see your case. However, I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case. Likely just a reskinned slosher, splatling and Blaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom