Anyone else hyped for the new leaked content?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
That's Etika, he's like the best youtuber ever
I didn't get a good impression of him. His legal threats mean absolutely nothing to Nintendo. Also very unprofessional of him to swear as much as he did in that video, which is completely pointless by the way. The video was very unnecessary because all you have to do is go to NWPlayer's twitter to see any leaks. As well, him titling the video as 'The Biggest Splatoon leak ever' is laughable because we've known about this stuff already and very little was actually leaked (with some still being unconfirmed I should add). So yeah, this Etika is an idiot not worthy of any attention whatsoever.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
It'd be nice if thy gave us a bunch of weapons this time instead of just 2, maybe we can get new gear as well? Also the Callie and Marie models were updated and tweaked, so amiibos are possible, I'm also looking forward to the changes to Blackbelly Rainmaker.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I don't know if "screwing most players over" is the appropriate term. It's not like it's necessary content that comes with it. It's a reskinned weapon, and a few pieces of gear you likely won't be using much anyways (competitively speaking). I mean, if you don't get them, yea it sucks, but you're not left out of key information in the game or an entirely new type of weapon. Now, if it comes with an entirely new kind of weapon, i.e new roller w/ new subs and specials, then I can see your case. However, I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case. Likely just a reskinned slosher, splatling and Blaster.
Well put. The amiibo's gear is really just for vanity. The weapons are literal copies of the basic splattershot/splat roller/splat charger and the gear is 2 star gear that isn't efficient for competitive play.

If there is going to be more amiibo for this game, do your part and pre-order as soon as you
can. If you really want them, make the effort to pre-order or you run the risk of paying a scalper in the future.

I'm rather interested in what gear the hypothetical amiibo could give.
I can't wait for the Octolings. Assuming they are playable in the future.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I just looked at NWP123's twitter and the Callie and Marie amiibo look like guesses to me,
so @Aromaiden is probably right.

But Nintendo does not remove videos from Youtube very often. They will copyright claim them,
but usually not outright remove them. Usually they remove videos related to "leaks" that
could actually be correct. Look at the 3DS smash leak just weeks before the game released.
Guy puts up stuff not officially announced when he obviously shouldn't, it gets taken down the following morning.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Summary of video: Local Black Man Tries To Make Everything About Himself

But yeah this isn't much of a leak since the information was already out on Nikki's twitter, and the only thing that was particularly new was seeing how the script for the Octoling player model messes with the Kraken model bones to curve the tentacles and the amiibo thing, which is probably just a really good model swap.

Last edited:

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
Summary of video: Local Black Man Tries To Make Everything About Himself

But yeah this isn't much of a leak since the information was already out on Nikki's, and the only thing that was particularly new was seeing how the script for the Octoling player model messes with the Kraken model bones to curve the tentacles and the amiibo thing, which is probably just a really good model swap.
thats racist

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Definitely. Playing as an Octoling is something I've wanted to do for a long time now...

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I didn't intend for it to sound like that, sorry.
It's fine man. I don't get it why people always call it racist if somebody calls a guy black...he is black ffs. It's rather racist if you call somebody ''coloured man'' . I'm not a fan of this Youtuber either but I really like the Twitch streamer Trihex before you call me racist...

Back to the topic: I didn't buy a single Amiibo so far but if they release Callie it's an instant purchase for me!

Lrdalucard

Inkling
NNID
AlucardTepes_DE
If there are girl inkling amiibos i will get them regardless!!!

Been a few years since I found a good game to play, and this one is going to last!

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Ok, I'm not super excited for Octolings UNLESS the male version are the literal "tentacle bug eyed octoling henchmen" Octoling model. If this is a thing I'm going to be just as excited as the person in the linked youtube video.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Only thing I'm excited about are possibly playing as the Octolings and more Amiibo support. Also, I'm not watching the video since I hear the guy curses way too much in it. Just going by what many others are saying here.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Nice way of screwing most players over, you mean? Because the majority of Splatoon players don't have amiibos.

I'd had this same thought. Over and over again. Seriously, I'd had at least some interest in Amiibos when they first appeared, and bought about 5 of the Smash ones, but as soon as stuff like ACTUAL FREAKING GAMEPLAY CONTENT started to get locked behind the stupid things, my interest turned into absolute hatred. And that's what they are here, too. I dont particularly care too much about the damn cosmetics. But I'd like to try the challenges for myself. And even get the other minigames too. But nooooooooooooo. Instead of doing something NOT asshatty, like selling digital DLC that EVERYONE can buy, they sell physical figures that NOBODY CAN FIND.

And yes, I know they can be ordered and blah blah blah. And no, it has nothing to do with price for me; in my case, the price.... doesnt matter at all.

But at this point, I just refuse to support this sort of thing.

I cant entirely blame Nintendo though: I blame whatever jerk came up with the idea for Skylanders, because that's what Nintendo copied here with these damn things.

I really hate all of these damn figure things now. Ugh.

Now that all being said.... playable Octolings, that'd be pretty good.

I wonder what the male ones would look like though? We've only ever been shown the female ones, if I recall correctly... I dont think male octolings ever made an appearance in the single-player mode.

Somari

Inkling
NNID
Somari_teh_Gamer
Like others have been saying, 90% of these "leaks" are just guesses by NWPlayer. The octoling amiibo was just a simple model swap, and the new Singleplayer/Squid Sister amiibos might not happen. All that we know for sure is that octolings work bizzarly well when modded in, and have an unused player offset.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I still have my slight doubts about Octlings being playable. Their data being so close to the Inkling due to their functional similarities, however I'm not refuting the possibility and if what has been said is correct it may be nudging towards the possibility.

As for the amiibo news, for the Octoling image, isn't that just the Inkling Girl amiibo with the Octoling asset swap? Can NWPlayer confirm or deny this.
Wouldn't surprise me if we were to receive other amiibos, especially now that we have 2 more weapon classes which could be more challenge modes (though I still wished there were other means to accessing these challenges). Or at least other amiibo support down the line.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
If this is true, I'm going to be so on the amiibo. I was lucky enough to preorder the first trio last time, hopefully the same is true for these hypothetical ones.

And wow, Etika is still pretty upset, but I can't really blame Nintendo for being miffed when their surprises for people keep getting ruined, and they want to have some of that taken down.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
The "amiibo" talking to you looks like it's literally the Inkling girl with a slight texture swap. It even has the same clothes...

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
My b, Etika sounded pissed but he does have a point. Anyway hopefully they add a little more than this in the next update

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
For the record, I'm not racist. I respect all people, regardless of color, gender, or interests.

I do personally think Octolings will happen, I just don't know HOW Nintendo is going to explain why they're suddenly
on friendly terms with the Inklings.

Why I think that is because the Octoling's files are located in the player folder along with the Inklings. On top of that, the August update
seems to update their models to work better with the game. If they were scrapped content, there would be no reason to update that.
NWPlayer123 also found a third "gender" variable in the save file. 0 = Inkling Girl. 1 = Inkling Boy, 2 = Octoling Girl.
The game is not stable when you set it to that, but the game recognizes it and even shows the Octoling Girl even if you're playing as the Inkling Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom