Anyone else hyped for the new leaked content?

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
Something bigger is inevitable, I'm assuming spectator mode cause that's all everybody's wanted for sometime now, but I would love to put stickers on my weapons.
Lets just hope that big thing isn't apartments like the kids on Miiverse want.
I'd be down for stickers to weapons, even full skins.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
man, I knew octolings would come, some day. i know this is speculation, but nsf hasn't been wrong yet, and the data mine is convincing. As far as amiibo go, i'm really shocked, and scared to go in again, after being introduced to them during wave 4 hell.

Lets just hope that big thing isn't apartments like the kids on Miiverse want.
Just watch, nintendo's gonna pull overtime to modify the happy home designer engine, stick it into splatoon, and replace these leaks with amiibo home designer as a spiteful joke to dataminers and excited customers.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
man, I knew octolings would come, some day. i know this is speculation, but nsf hasn't been wrong yet, and the data mine is convincing. As far as amiibo go, i'm really shocked, and scared to go in again, after being introduced to them during wave 4 hell.

Just watch, nintendo's gonna pull overtime to modify the happy home designer engine, stick it into splatoon, and replace these leaks with amiibo home designer as a spiteful joke to dataminers and excited customers.
I share your pain there. I personally hate the scalpers that take every Amiibo before anyone has a chance at them and there re-sales them for heinous prices. I have a feeling Scalpers will be all over the Squid Sisters once they come out as Amiibos. As disgusting as that was worded, I am being serious. The Wave 4 Hell will rise again.

Though it would be interesting to see Nintendo pull a home designer thing. It really doesn't help that they do tease a possible apartment in the Splatoon card that pops up when you first start it.

(Is it ironic that I was listening to 'The Vengeful One' and 'Open Your Eyes' while reading and typing up this post for this thread? Just for the curious, they are songs from the new album by Disturbed.)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Likely just a reskinned slosher, splatling and Blaster.
oh man, that makes me wonder, what weapons would callie/marie prefer? Would it be a self-advertising roller? a bedazzled splatling? The possibilities are getting me more exited than their probable outcome; more than likely just re-skins of the base chargers, roller and splattershot, so no one gets left out.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
oh man, that makes me wonder, what weapons would callie/marie prefer? Would it be a self-advertising roller? a bedazzled splatling? The possibilities are getting me more exited than their probable outcome; more than likely just re-skins of the base chargers, roller and splattershot, so no one gets left out.
I REALLY hope they aren't just reskins of chargers, rollers and shooters, I'd be pretty upset. Reskin my Heavy Splatling with a Callie get up, make me a happy camper. xD
Yea, I really hope they don't go with the basic 3 weapon types. We needs some more love for the new weapons.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
It's fine man. I don't get it why people always call it racist if somebody calls a guy black...he is black ffs. It's rather racist if you call somebody ''coloured man'' . I'm not a fan of this Youtuber either but I really like the Twitch streamer Trihex before you call me racist...

Back to the topic: I didn't buy a single Amiibo so far but if they release Callie it's an instant purchase for me!
Yeah, I'd say it's only racist if you either assume stereotypes about that person's race or if yousay something derogatory (or flattering, in some cases) about that person simply because of his or her race. In this case, it was a trait of the man, then a criticism of his egotism (and there are egotists in every race). If you want to call it discriminatory, you might as well call it discriminatory to say "Local Tall Man Tries to Make Everything About Himself" or "Local Nearsighted Man Tries to Make Everything About Himself."

I'd had this same thought. Over and over again. Seriously, I'd had at least some interest in Amiibos when they first appeared, and bought about 5 of the Smash ones, but as soon as stuff like ACTUAL FREAKING GAMEPLAY CONTENT started to get locked behind the stupid things, my interest turned into absolute hatred. And that's what they are here, too. I dont particularly care too much about the damn cosmetics. But I'd like to try the challenges for myself. And even get the other minigames too. But nooooooooooooo. Instead of doing something NOT asshatty, like selling digital DLC that EVERYONE can buy, they sell physical figures that NOBODY CAN FIND.

And yes, I know they can be ordered and blah blah blah. And no, it has nothing to do with price for me; in my case, the price.... doesnt matter at all.

But at this point, I just refuse to support this sort of thing.

I cant entirely blame Nintendo though: I blame whatever jerk came up with the idea for Skylanders, because that's what Nintendo copied here with these damn things.

I really hate all of these damn figure things now. Ugh.
From what I hear, the amiibo are in short supply only in the Americas. In Japan, Australia, and Europe, they are still plentiful. A correspondant from Australia told me that a number of stores even have the Splatoon 3-pack on sale to get rid of them. This means there is an issue with the American supplier, though we'll likely never know what that issue is.

Even then, if you give it time, a used market will appear for these amiibo. There is already a used market for Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines. amiibo will show up sooner or later, especially for amiibo that don't have content saved to them (such as the Inklings). It sounds like you aren't too concerned about the figurines themselves, but what they unlock, so the used market would be suitable for you. Me, I do care about the figurines and I want to make sure they're in pristine condition, so I would never buy an amiibo used. I have them behind a plastic display case when they're not in use.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Yeah, I'd say it's only racist if you either assume stereotypes about that person's race or if yousay something derogatory (or flattering, in some cases) about that person simply because of his or her race. In this case, it was a trait of the man, then a criticism of his egotism (and there are egotists in every race). If you want to call it discriminatory, you might as well call it discriminatory to say "Local Tall Man Tries to Make Everything About Himself" or "Local Nearsighted Man Tries to Make Everything About Himself."

From what I hear, the amiibo are in short supply only in the Americas. In Japan, Australia, and Europe, they are still plentiful. A correspondant from Australia told me that a number of stores even have the Splatoon 3-pack on sale to get rid of them. This means there is an issue with the American supplier, though we'll likely never know what that issue is.

Even then, if you give it time, a used market will appear for these amiibo. There is already a used market for Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines. amiibo will show up sooner or later, especially for amiibo that don't have content saved to them (such as the Inklings). It sounds like you aren't too concerned about the figurines themselves, but what they unlock, so the used market would be suitable for you. Me, I do care about the figurines and I want to make sure they're in pristine condition, so I would never buy an amiibo used. I have them behind a plastic display case when they're not in use.
All I know is that, whatever went wrong, Nintendo themselves actually went and apologized for it, admitting that they handled it wrong (for quite awhile).... is why I always point the blame mostly at them. Dont get me wrong, retailers around here are.... well, bloody stupid and annoying to deal with (frankly, I'm not aware of even one that I *dont* consider awful), but.... there's SO many ways Nintendo could have made this much, much easier/better.... and they did NONE of them. I'm not even going to get started on THAT though, last time I did I ended up rambling about it for like 3 pages.

I've no intention of buying the things used or otherwise though. I just refuse to support the idea at this point. Damn things are better off in a trash compactor.

JazzCaht

Inkling
NNID
Pearl-Knight
I bought a Yoshi amiibo once, then I misplaced it. I never really touched amiibos again. I'm considering browsing the internet to see if any of my favorite characters are available, but I never really clicked with the whole skylander/disneyinfinity/amiido thing. But from the amount of hate those things are getting seems a little ridiculous to me, not really knowing all the little details. All I'm saying is from a distance, it doesn't make too much sense.

I think it's great that the octolings will be playable, although I likely won't uses them (after I try them out). Besides, I have a sneaky suspicion they'll become the norm and outnumber the inklings. Still, good for you, octolings! Thanks for the saucy brush.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Some of that Amiibo money is going towards maintaining the Nintendo Network servers, so hopefully if we get more Amiibos they'll be able to get better network pipes and more stable servers.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I never really clicked with the whole skylander/disneyinfinity/amiido thing. But from the amount of hate those things are getting seems a little ridiculous to me, not really knowing all the little details. All I'm saying is from a distance, it doesn't make too much sense.
Everything that becomes popular will get a lot of hate, especially on the Internet. The more popular, unexpected, and/or subversive something gets, the more hate it will get. Everyone wants to be the smart person who looks past the hype and stand out from the sheeple. (The truth is that if something becomes popular, it means there must be something appealing about it.)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Signs are pointing to an update in October, the pun is too good to not take advantage of.
But seriously Nintendo, lay off the amiibo for a little bit. They're cool to have next to my Wii U, but don't put entire modes and substantial content behind them.

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Signs are pointing to an update in October, the pun is too good to not take advantage of.
But seriously Nintendo, lay off the amiibo for a little bit. They're cool to have next to my Wii U, but don't put entire modes and substantial content behind them.
I like collecting Amiibo, but I do admit they need to lay off them because they're constantly pumping out more Amiibo after another. And the whole situation with them (at least here in the US) is getting much worse now than how it was since the first wave.

Honestly, I understand why some people are against Amiibo and its rivals. Paying tons of money for a child's toy is pretty ridiculous. I think the only reason more Amiibo are announced is because Nintendo wants to take advantage of the Amiibo situation and somehow it's working. It doesn't help that the Amiibo toyline is the only thing giving Nintendo tons of money now.

MelonBread

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MelonPann
This may be off-topic, but I actually kind of hate how the hacker keeps leaking content even when Nintendo takes several of their accounts down and personally tells them not to. Plus, it's really hard nowadays not to get spoiled even if you don't use the net that much. Information gets circulated through websites, and you can find this type of info pretty quick.

I guess it's a good thing they're mostly focused on octolings and such. I kind of doubt they're going to become playable, since for example the hair glitches with the most hat items, and plot/lore wise it makes no sense for them to be playable either.

Callie and Marie amiibos would be an insta-buy for me tho.

Squidna

Inkling
NNID
mootles
call me no fun allowed but im kind of sick of hearing about octolings.... like can yall save that for when theyre actually released its getting redundant

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
call me no fun allowed but im kind of sick of hearing about octolings.... like can yall save that for when theyre actually released its getting redundant
You'll then be sick of them being everywhere online when/if they get released. Let people talk about whatever they want to talk about.

Squidna

Inkling
NNID
mootles
I actually wont be. Im excited for them like you all too lol Its just annoying rn

Artakha

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Artakha
If they bring out male octolings, which I don't think will happen based on the leak, I'd probably try out being an octoling for a bit. As it stands it's a pretty nifty leak and I am rather interested in the amiibo data.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
If they bring out male octolings, which I don't think will happen based on the leak
On man... Please nintendo, don't delay octolings solely because there isn't a male octoling model set. That would break my calamari heart.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sure they will make male Octoling models if Octolings do become playable in a possible update. If they exist in the game at all, that is.

Aromaiden

Full Squid
Well, I wouldn't worry too much about the Male Octolings. After all the Male Inkling was designed after the completion of the Female Inkling, as an afterthought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom