• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else play their weapon wrong on purpose?

aquasys

Inkling
I started dipping my toes into learning this game's more advanced movement techniques recently, and main strafing in particular is one I've been having a lot of fun with. To get the most out of it, I've been using fast, short-range shooters and playing super aggressively. A new favorite weapon of mine is the Aerospray MG - a weapon that, by all means, shouldn't be charging into enemy ink to pick fights. With range and accuracy that bad, you'll lose your fights unless you either shoot from effectively melee range or get lucky with your ink spread. But it's really, really fun. Its kit is perfect for that aggressive playstyle, though the main weapon's range is lacking for the purposes of following up after a reefslider. I end up playing it like a diet Dark Tetra Dualies. Its high mobility and damage output once it's in its effective range give it particularly strong trading potential, with a worse main weapon in exchange for one of the best sub weapons this playstyle could ask for. Don't get me wrong, it lacks a lot of what makes the Dark Tetras good - it can't use rolls to maneuver over uninkable surfaces, its lack of burst movement makes it an easier target, and it doesn't have enough range to be useful. Its superior non-committal movement options are an advantage, but not enough of one for the playstyle to genuinely work with this weapon. I promise I'm only having fun because I'm not good enough to be matched up against players who can aim well.

I don't have any idea what other weirdo playstyles like mine are being used, but I know I can't be the only one bending a weapon's uses to fit into my favorite role. Surely there must be some cephalopods out there using the REEF-LUX as a slayer, or the .96 Gal Deco as an anchor. I wanna hear about your weird playstyles!!

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
Since I play Turf War so often, I like to use my Splatana Wiper as a painter.

I've gotten numbers as high as ~1,800p.

Cephalobro

I swear I'm using the Snipewriter wrong, like what am I supposed to do with the other 4 charges if they go away when swimming in ink? I'm typically used to chargers and their main role, but the Snipewriter just feels so odd to me that I'm convinced I'm using it wrong.

HotCocoaSpirit

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0421-5111-8160
Splatling main since Splatoon 1, I've gold stickered them all and sometimes I try to make some fun challenges with them like trying to get 3 kills in a match with only tapshots, or exclusively painting to try to get 1,000 points of paint and trying to get any kills. Two more of my absolute favorite weapon classes are Blasters and Sloshers, and I'm in the process of gold stickering them as well and I do the same thing to not get board like only trapshooting with Blob or only shooting at my feet with Explo and Clash and trying to get kills.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I don’t know if I was playing it wrong but I took up playing Glooga Dualies for Anarchy Battles one day and I just ripped through everyone. I just decided to do it on a whim. Have no idea how I even did it…. I guess it’s amazing what I can have good luck with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom