• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else really miss Splatoon 1's specials?

speedySonic

Full Squid
I've only played with a few of the new specials, but while the old ones were stronger and more fun to use, I don't necessarily miss them. It would be nice to throw out an Inkstrike that wouldn't potentially kill you, for example, but I like the new specials.

That being said, frendship with echolocator ended, tenta missles is my new friend.

Laseraxis7

Fluorescent Inkling Spawn
I miss the Inkzooka in particular. The Inkjet looks like it doesn't have enough range and it has to snap to a target to actually get the kill, though, AOE still does the trick.

Overall, Splatoon 2 doesn't looks as fun as the first game, in my opinion. These new specials are kinda off.

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
Personally, I am enjoying the Splat2n specials, especially the baller and ink armor. It's not invincibility, but a slight boost. Curling bomb special is annoying though...

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Kinda, but mostly because I'm stuck with the Stingray for now. I really wish you could drop it and have it slowly follow Bad Guys on it's own.

ZestyN

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZestyN
Well I'm with you OP, game breaking or not o really enjoyed the old specials.

Ryou

Inkling
I do miss being able to use the bubble to save yourself i keep doing it out of reflex with the new one and forget it takes time to activate, but i'm glad the're weaker it's annoying especially since I love tower control a lot, when you'd be in overtime and they'd use the killer whale or something and there's literally nothing you can do but get off the tower and lose

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Splatoon 1 had more fun specials but are less viable for competition.

Splatoon 2 has less fun specials but they're better for competitive play.

IDK I didn't like invincibility specials in the first game but I also don't like how lame the new specials are. Literally many times I just will decide not to use a special even it's fully charged cuz I know I'll just get owned during it. Makes it feel like it's not really a "special."

It's a love-hate relationship ATM :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom