Anyone still playing Reef-LUX?

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Y'all I feel stuck bc I love this weapon but I feel like I both know what I'm doing and don't have a clue 😭. So can anyone provide any tips either for the weapon itself or for just playing the support told? I mainly play vFlux, but I'd also appreciate stuff for the Reef Deco bc why not <3

(Also plz don't just say "don't play reef-lux" or stuff like that bc that's just annoying)

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I think the vanilla kit still has an okay niche of missile spam and painting well to support other weapons that need paint, the deco kit is just sad(even more after reef cheese nerfs taking most of the single utility it has away)

The main issue is its pretty hard to take fights with and struggles if rushed down, which I think is what the deco kit is going for with wall + reef, its just at the cost of having a good special to farm for, and that makes it harder to slot into comps over other weapons that can farm specials that don't have cooldowns built into them/are only for cheese

I could see a comp like reef + pencil/hedit + shot + sword/bucket working on map/modes like mako tower, crab rain/clams, ramen zones, scorch clams/tower, etc, stuff where everyone naturally gets funneled into vunderable positions that they have to give up to avoid the missles and the frontline weapons can exploit by engaging the even weaker positions they're forced into.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Been playing a bit of Reef, though mostly in Turf. I can definitely say that the weapon has potential, but it’s difficult since it’s competing with shooters for a supportive role, and it doesn’t have the kits to back itself up. Not to mention how badly it struggles into the meta midline weapons.

I can’t really offer too much advice here, but my biggest tip is to know which fights to take and which to solve with missiles.
And I know you expressly forbade it in your original post, but really, genuinely, don’t use the Deco kit. It’s not worth it, especially when compared to options like .52 or even brellas. It’s just not good, even if it has a decent idea behind it. Trust me on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom