Anyone who has beaten Octo Canyon... (BIG SPOILERS)

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Well, after looking at a video showing all the bosses a few days, I'll throw my two cents into this.

While the subplot could use a little expanding upon, I quite enjoyed the final boss fight, mostly because the presentation, the dialogue, music, and PRETTY COLORS EVERYWHERE. I suppose the last one is a bit of an odd one to focus on, though.

It does feel like the roles for the Squid Sisters were originally supposed to be reversed, but I don't think it's too glaring, at least for me. Then again, I might need to look at a full playthrough of the single player for context.

(Also, I prefer Callie over Marie, but I can see why she was the winner of the last S1 Splatfest.)

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
So I take it that their amiibo functionality in S2 is supposed to be a thinly-veiled apology for their parts in the story on Nintendo's part? Kinda looks like it to me.

Last edited:

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
So the moment I heard Shooting Starfish I had an idea.
Callie's voice is hidden within it, right?
I was thinking she was feeling a lot of emotions after the Splatfest,
mostly sadness.
Because she can't spend time with her cousin. Because she and her best friend are being torn apart.
Then one day, she decides to check out the cuttlefish cabin.
She's kidnapped while she isn't looking.
The octolings manage to manipulate her to think that fighting Marie is a good thing.
I imagined her fighting them with a cheery song and clips of a sadder song.
A cry for help.
I Imagine a Callie fight with a lot of quick movements from her and rollers.
Just imagine rollers being thrown at you as you on up a hill!
I also imagine the final stage is just you and Callie, one-on-one. No machine.
You with your gun and her with her roller.

Forgotten Lands

Inkling
NNID
MrSaturn012
Switch Friend Code
SW-4386-3007-1327
I just wanted to throw out how I'm pretty sure pearl and Marina are both mentioned by like one sea scroll each, although it's nothing close to a backstory. also Lil Judd's story is freaky as fuuuuu.

I don't know how to feel about how you have to play every level with every weapon to 100%. Is there something special that you get if you do?

Also why haven't I seen anyone use the hero brella yet? I'd figure it would be all the rage in online just for the weirdness. has no one cared enough to unlock it?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I just wanted to throw out how I'm pretty sure pearl and Marina are both mentioned by like one sea scroll each, although it's nothing close to a backstory. also Lil Judd's story is freaky as fuuuuu.

I don't know how to feel about how you have to play every level with every weapon to 100%. Is there something special that you get if you do?

Also why haven't I seen anyone use the hero brella yet? I'd figure it would be all the rage in online just for the weirdness. has no one cared enough to unlock it?
I'm working on it as I write (type) this reply. It's just a rather odd weapon overall and it's meant for combat pragmatism in my eyes. There are a lot of puzzles in Octo Canyon that are rather difficult to complete with a shotgun.

Forgotten Lands

Inkling
NNID
MrSaturn012
Switch Friend Code
SW-4386-3007-1327
I'm working on it as I write (type) this reply. It's just a rather odd weapon overall and it's meant for combat pragmatism in my eyes. There are a lot of puzzles in Octo Canyon that are rather difficult to complete with a shotgun.
Actually I just completed it myself, Sheldon doesn't sell it. :(
He completes his research says he'll work on it but nothing becomes unlocked in the shop. I think until they release the first update with a natural Brella weapon it will stay unavailable (or I'm just not fresh enough)

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Actually I just completed it myself, Sheldon doesn't sell it. :(
He completes his research says he'll work on it but nothing becomes unlocked in the shop. I think until they release the first update with a natural Brella weapon it will stay unavailable (or I'm just not fresh enough)
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll probably complete it anyway just so that I get the feeling of accomplishment.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
When I do get myself a Switch and a nice copy of Splatoon 2, I'll likely play through the singleplayer for the experience with the weapons. And the final boss fight too.

Also, I tend to easily forget that not everyone spoils themselves. I'm one of the select few who actively seeks spoilers.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Sure, it could have been much better, but I think it was amazing how it was presented. The Squid Sister stories did made it seem like this would be a big deal, so I understand why you're disappointed. But on its own, the final boss did a lot right presentation-wise. The music, the cutscenes, the dialogue, etc. The gameplay wasn't nearly as good as the original boss, and it would have been nice to have he lore more fleshed out (ESPECIALLY the presence of Off the Hook, which the Story Scrolls did nothing to clear up), but I wasn't disappointed by the final boss and actually enjoyed it a lot.
Something tells me that whoever wrote those stories wasn't even directly involved with the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom