Are you Casual or Competitive?

Do you play the game Casually or Competitively?

• Only Casual

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Both but mostly Casual

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Both Casual and Competitive

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Both But mostly Competitive

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Only Competitive

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
i don’t like to use discord but i am very competitive

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
in terms of mindset? i approach turf (when i still play it) pretty casually, but anarchy with a more competitive mindset. there, i’m aiming to win and more importantly to improve when i play (as to win more in the future, of course), while in turf war it’s to have fun with friends/practice a new weapon in a low-stakes environment/warm up. i also don’t dedicate time outside of actually playing matches to improving in turf the way i do with anarchy - like, i won’t be reviewing my turf replays or watching videos on turf strategy, yknow? (salmon i’m kinda in the middle with - i’m more casual about it than an overfisher but i do go in there hoping to clear the shift and i do care if i don’t do so.)

in terms of actual competitive experience, though… uh, i’ve played one draft tournament 👍

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
I used to be competitive, as in I was part of a few teams, played in several tourneys and played in a season of LUTI with my last team.

The mindset doesn't really leave you even after you quit playing competitively though. Maybe it's just my experience, but I've found that once I've been exposed to the competitive side of a game, it's really hard to go back to playing casually, for better or worse.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Competitive, i cant actually play with a casual mindset anymore lol. Imo the line between casual and competitive gets crossed when you start disliking turf wars and no longer enjoy squid parties, or at least thats how it happened to me hahah. My ex-boyfriend was competitive when i was still casual and i never understood why he didnt like turf. i completely understand now

nday

Inkling
I haven't formerly played in a team since Splatoon 1 but I like to watch the competitive scene and analysis and commentary. I'm serious about playing well but don't ever dedicate myself to competition and mostly stick with soloq/freelance. I feel like at this level I still get to have fun while improving by myself.

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
only casual, im not a fan of comp splatoon's attitude or behavior... though i do wish i had a team to play with. solo gets lonely :'3

cookies

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5260-9545-9031
honestly i’d tried playing in tournaments before but i feel like i played my worst just because of the amount of pressure i much prefer just playing x battles and open on my own, i’d like to go back to comp one day but it’s very demanding ;-;

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Casual! I just don't have the commitment for competitive. I kinda wish I did, I'd love to have a team to play with, but I don't think I'd be a reliable teammate. I also exclusively use sticks in handheld mode, I find motion controls and docked mode just a bit overwhelming to me. I like watching and learning about competitive though!

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
How do you enjoy playing Splatoon 3? Causal or comp?
Both, depending on who I'm playing with

It depends on my mood a bit as well, like if I'm grinding Salmon Run I usually don't bother with callouts or anything serious and turn on music in the background to help me play

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
mostly casual... as much as i like comp from a viewers perspective i cant play properly under pressure :-(

teams are also an issue because of timezones/skill level differences between friends and how hard it can be to find a team that fits you and your playstyle as a FA

i find playing open with friends very fulfilling :-] without them i definetly wouldnt enjoy the game as much

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
huh, i didnt thhink there would be this many casual players
honestly i dont even know what type of "comp" were talking about anymore, if anything im surprised theres so many competitive players

comp as in people who have a competitive mindset in casual gamemodes, comp as in anything thats not turf war, comp as in people who are part of the game's competitive scene?

i hope that "casual" here doesnt mean "turf war only" because anarchy is definetly part of casual lmao

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Strictly casual for the moment, although I was into comp for a while, months ago. I probably won’t be going back into it though, cause I’ve had unfortunate past experiences. I find it kinda stressful and demanding, as well. I occasionally watch streams of some tournaments, which are exciting. It’s quite fun goofing off with friends, anyway.

TheKAmiKaZESquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kamibear00
D. All of the above,
I run a mostly casual Splatoon Clan called Prodigal Squids,
I captain a relatively new comp team called Deus Ex Inkin'ya
and I created a new tournament based off of tricolor battles called Ink³Fest (yes i know the name isn't very creative, but the tournament is)

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
The only mode I play genuinely casually is SR, except for Eggstra and Big Run 😬 But I think I'm more competitive now than before. The only exception to this rule is if I'm playing REEF-LUX, if I'm grinding weapons to 1 star, or if I'm trying out a new weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom