Beating Dualies

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Realize that 99% of dualies players will keep rolling like if they were Sonic the Hedgehog, and when they roll, they are briefly "stuck" in place. Exploit that. Even I as an (awful) charger player can deal with them fairly easily, unless 1. They are actually good dualies players, in which case all you can do is cry and/or 2. They get me from behind.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Do some practice on the firing range with your own dualies to learn dodge roll length and attack distance. Lead your shots. If it's the rolls in particular that are vexing you, learning to aim where their rolls will end will help a lot. And like Reila said, a lot of dualie players roll way too much so you exploit the fact that rolls go a specific distance and come to a stop (outside of squelchers).

mutantmagnet

Inkster Jr.
It depends on the tools you have. When I have a shorter range weapon like the aerospray I play their game of maneuvering.

If you have a lot of ink to play with, swim around. When you lack ink hang back and create a working surface unless your dealing with the squelchers. When I have a longer ranged weapon catching them by surprise makes it easier but generally as long as you are a good shot you can stand up to them regardless of how they roll.

I don't know what I would do with a roller because I barely use them.

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I usually charger main, and the only times I win over them, is when I sneak up, or try to remember to pause before I shoot. I'm used to letting off my shot quickly when confronted at close range, so it's a challenge to distinguish quickly with dualies. I've had a bit of luck in guessing where they're going to end up, but don't want t put my whole strategy on that exactly.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Really, you just have to play their game of maneuvering. Take note which dualies they're using and how many rolls they have. As a charger long distance, wait for their second roll for their delay, splat them then. Up close, use your sub if it's a bomb or wall to help. Roller? Either a flank or predict their roll and crush them. They're easy to deal with when you learn theie rolling habits. Most roll far too much.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Learn to trace their movements. Newbie dualie players get pretty spam-happy with rolls, just wait out 2 rolls and then fire away. If you got a bomb with your kit you can also try to trap them into it.

You can also cheat and pick blaster, problem solved

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
the Octobrush/Inkbrush are easily capable of beating dualies,for me this weapon helps the best against them :D

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
You can also cheat and pick blaster, problem solved
u wot

But yeah, notice how I saw the dualie player spamming their dodge rolls, in a very linear pattern. Making it pretty easy to predict where the opponent was going.

MasterMarine

Inkling
NNID
MasterMarine
Switch Friend Code
SW-4811-2485-9604
Lock your reticle on them and wait for them to roll, and then splat! As a user of dualies myself, a lot of players seem to ignore this simple yet effective strategy, which earns me escapes and splats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom