Best K/D Ratio and Highest Score

Donkey_Inferno

Inkling
The best I ever did during the Testfire was 12-0. But when I went to the Mess Fest in Santa Monica last Friday I had one match where I went 16-0.

Both of those games I used the Splattershot.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
This was my best game out of the two Testfires I played.

I'm shooting for a 25-0 game this weekend, but at the very least I wanna beat this.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
somewhere a bit above 1400 and 12-0. I think that happened in the same match. there were a few other ones where I went 12 kills, but I don't think any of them were 12-0s. Day 2 I was getting first on my team every single game, with no winning scores below 1150ish, so I was doing pretty well consistently, which is what I was aiming for.
I'm shooting for a 25-0 game this weekend, but at the very least I wanna beat this.
that's on average a kill every 7.2 seconds in a 180 second game. I'd be quite impressed if you pulled those numbers. Though a guy last page got to 22, which is crazy reckless abandon (and some luck, I'd wager).

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
somewhere a bit above 1400 and 12-0. I think that happened in the same match. there were a few other ones where I went 12 kills, but I don't think any of them were 12-0s. Day 2 I was getting first on my team every single game, with no winning scores below 1150ish, so I was doing pretty well consistently, which is what I was aiming for.

that's on average a kill every 7.2 seconds in a 180 second game. I'd be quite impressed if you pulled those numbers. Though a guy last page got to 22, which is crazy reckless abandon (and some luck, I'd wager).
I think that's do-able, especially with a better load-out. With a super like what the Splattershot Jr. load-out had, I definitely think it could be pulled off. I got 16 kills pretty much solely with the Splattershot - very few of my kills came from bombs or the multi-bomb super.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I think that's do-able, especially with a better load-out. With a super like what the Splattershot Jr. load-out had, I definitely think it could be pulled off. I got 16 kills pretty much solely with the Splattershot - very few of my kills came from bombs or the multi-bomb super.
not saying it's not doable, just saying it's going to be rather hard. and bombs generally won't get you many kills, I've found them much more helpful as a pressuring tool, though occasionally they're perfect for the kill. I mean, you won't be the only one killing, and their team only has 4 people with 3 second(?) respawns + super jump or walking/swimming up time (even if you get up at their spawn it'll still be an extra second or second and a half, and they can jump over you if there are people closer to mid), so it will be very hard to score a 25. not impossible for sure, but very hard.

and since it'll be very hard, it means I'll be very impressed when you do manage, so go for it. I'm hoping to see your success.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Good luck man. I'll be trying my hardest too.

Honestly I'm not so sure switching load outs would help you, for two reasons.
One, the general consensus seems to be Jr>Regular, but I can't help but feel this is wrong. Like I said in my other post, I've actively been looking for someone who got more than 22 kills, and I haven't been able to. The closest I found was a guy on Reddit who got 21 kills. And actually I think the next closest I've seen was you, with 16. All 3 of these were with the regular Splattershot. I haven't really played enough to explain why this may be, but I think it's a pretty good sign the regular is better than the Jr (for combat, at least).
Secondly, I don't think the bubbler would be all that beneficial to you. Not that it isn't good, but with the game you showed in mind, it doesn't seem like you're dying all that much anyway. Using the bubbler might just make people retreat, rather than battle it out with you. I don't think I was killed by a single enemy with the bubbler to be honest. Honestly I think both their side weapons are borderline useless, but I made some use out of the regular bombs by using them as an approaching tool, not as a killing tool.

Just my two cents, I plan on sticking with the regular splattershot.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Sorry, I meant the Aerospray loadout, not the Splattershot Jr. The tornado launcher super, not the Bubble shield. My bad.

I probably won't get it, but I'll try my best lol

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Sorry, I meant the Aerospray loadout, not the Splattershot Jr. The tornado launcher super, not the Bubble shield. My bad.

I probably won't get it, but I'll try my best lol
Oh, I thought you were talking about the testfire

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Oh, I thought you were talking about the testfire
I was originally, then I was talking generally that I think I would do better with that super. Sorry, worded it terribly, my bad.

I'll prob use the regular Splattershot again for the Testfire to try and get the 25-0.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Just out of curiosity I decided to mark down my K/D for each game I played in Testfire 4, and whether or not my team won

17-4 Won
5-6 Lost
15-5 Won
14-4 Won
9-8 Lost
12-6 Lost
13-1 Lost
6-1 Won
6-5 Lost
6-5 Won
8-1 Won
9-2 Lost

Positive in 11/12, won 6/12, and had at least 10 kills in 5/12.
I'm pretty proud of myself.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I didn't get my 25-0, but I did get 16-0, so I had to settle with that.

Just out of curiosity I decided to mark down my K/D for each game I played in Testfire 4, and whether or not my team won

17-4 Won
5-6 Lost
15-5 Won
14-4 Won
9-8 Lost
12-6 Lost
13-1 Lost
6-1 Won
6-5 Lost
6-5 Won
8-1 Won
9-2 Lost

Positive in 11/12, won 6/12, and had at least 10 kills in 5/12.
I'm pretty proud of myself.
Nice job!

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
had a 11-2 979 (before +300) at some point

still experimenting, definitely not trying to play optimally yet (neither for scores nor kills) but I topped my team every game so that's nice I guess

to be fair I was using the splattershot which definitely feels like the best primary out of the four

thankfully the netcode doesn't cheat me out of kills, it just gets me killed after I've already taken someone out a lot

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
had a 11-2 979 (before +300) at some point

still experimenting, definitely not trying to play optimally yet (neither for scores nor kills) but I topped my team every game so that's nice I guess

to be fair I was using the splattershot which definitely feels like the best primary out of the four

thankfully the netcode doesn't cheat me out of kills, it just gets me killed after I've already taken someone out a lot
Yeah so far the Splattershot seems to be the most efficient and consistent. Always a solid choice!

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I got around 8-0 to 12-0 each time. I didn't have a match where I died more than once. I did consistently well, though oddly enough I kept getting paired with teammates who died a LOT, putting me in a lot of 1 v 3s that I either somehow won or ran away from (probably usually the latter, or kill 1 or 2 and then run).

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Best record: 14-0 Splattershot Jr.
1568p
Saltspray Rig.

I have a feeling I'll be getting much higher scores when the game comes out and I'm using the Aerospray MG.

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
I got 11-0 with the Roller and 1150 points for my first time playing. I think when I get in some more practice I will get much higher scores.

VZ_Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jefferson1234
12:3 with Splattershot Jr.
as for highest score, ~1300 range with roller.

PikaThePikachu

Inkling
NNID
Comite
The only scores I can remember are my recent Testfire 4 runs. My best KD in it was 11-1 with the Splattershot. I think my best score was around the 1200s.

AdmiralClassy

Inkling
NNID
AdmiralClassy
I've had a few 17-1 or around there, normally getting around 1200p to go along with that. My best is something like 21-0 and 1400 or so p.

On average I get 1100p with something like 10-2. I use the splat junior and play quite aggressively inking as I move forward. The bubbler is a life saver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom