1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

best weapon and stage for splat zones for splatoon 1 ( and splatoon 2 if you want)

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by agent8(hachi), Apr 14, 2020.

1. agent8(hachi)

agent8(hachi) Senior Squid

NNID:
    derek
    i need to know because i am terrible at splat zones

2. cybersquid

cybersquid Full Squid

I like to use the kensa .52 gal due to the splash walls protecting the zone temporarily and because of the high damage output of the main weapon. Otherwises I just stick to rollers.

Cyndane likes this.
  3. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    and what about for splatoon 1?

4. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    You're playing Splat 1?

5. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    until i get splat 2 yes here is my card
    [​IMG]

6. sudou

sudou Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0282-2843-0914
    the tri-slosher can be a real steamroller in this mode,
    specially paired with inkstorm.

otherwise, i love to use the old golden aerospray, but i'm weird.

7. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    FOR SPLATOON 1 NOT 2! What the $#^@& are you guys thinking?!!

8. Forma

Forma Senior Squid

NNID:
    Forma1
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3994-7331-0318
    Most of the time, people who post in the Splatoon 1 sections don't mean to. You using the correct section is a small miracle in and of itself, and since Squidboards isn't exactly bursting with activity you'll have to forgive people for assuming otherwise.

If you like the Dual Squelcher, try the Berry Splattershot Pro when you hit 20. It has better range and damage output, but a slower firing speed and worse ink efficiency. It's worth learning, though, and you'll want to use it for Suction Bomb Rush, since it's an incredibly powerful tool in Splat Zones. Until then, try out weapons that have Inkstrike or Bomb Rush as their special.

9. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    what abnout subs? i forget to use them a lot, also which stages are easier to win splat zones on?

10. Forma

Forma Senior Squid

NNID:
    Forma1
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3994-7331-0318
    Basically any sub will do fine. Stages with a single zone tend to be easier to win.

11. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    yes but actually no, I do better on stages with multiple zones. but good on certain stages with one zone, like the museum

12. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    i will be using tri slosher next

13. Electro Splatling

Electro Splatling Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Yoshismyboi
    Try the heavy splatling for Splatoon 1, it works very well and is a good sniper as well as good for offense

14. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELp. I will try as many as I can, I also have an idea of one you didn't menton

15. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    In regards to the Heavy Splatling, the Remix tends to be the most viable with its Sprinkler and Wail. Vanilla Heavy is solid as well, but if you like the Deco, you might as well play Custom Jet Squelcher instead. It's the same basic concept but has an actually useful sub weapon.

A charged Heavy is the best weapon in the game, and you'll have no problems both painting and killing. Make sure to stay back and elevated in comparison to the rest of your team. If you get rushed by something like a Ttek, you'll be at a disadvantage. Unlike most of its contemporaries (Chargers and Jet Squelcher) Splatlings aren't immediately dead if they have to fight up close.

A mistake I see a lot with new Splatling players is utilizing half charges. When you hold ZR on a Splatling, 2 rings charge. When the first ring is fully charged, your shots will hit their full range. The 2nd ring only dictates how long the weapon will shoot before it stops and you have to charge it again. This means that full charging is usually not required. I recommend NOT full charging when engaging an enemy Inkling.

Another big mistake I see is "turreting", which is when a long range player stands in one spot the entire game and doesn't push up with their team (let me know if you want to know more of that). Turreting players quickly become a detriment to their team and turn what would be a 4v4 match into a 3v4.

As for gear, Run Speed up is basically essential. Splatlings spend more time out of ink than any other weapon class, so you need to be mobile. I don't remember exactly how much Run Speed is good, but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Remember not to die in zone.

Also, if you want to play sometime my NNID is under my profile pic. I don't know if you can even still add friends anymore. If you can, feel free.

16. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    If you want We can arrange a time, I actually can't add friends on my Wii u

17. sudou

sudou Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0282-2843-0914
    yeah, no need to be rude, man. the tri-slosher used to be an even more overpowered weapon in splatoon 1.

btw, how's the first game going? last time i tried playing it was swarming with japanese try-hards and disconnecting a lot.

18. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    What are you talking about ? its still happening just not as much!

19. agent8(hachi)

NNID:
    derek
    I am serious you guys Thanks for all your help. I will be adding my own suggestion based on my experince

sudou likes this.
  20. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Tri Slosher is certainly not overpowered, especially not in S1. The thing simply cannot engage a skilled opponent with equal/more range. A short range slayer weapon will kill Tri much faster than Tri can kill it, and a long range weapon will simply walk backwards. Tri Slosher is generally played more as a support weapon, but even then the Zink Mini Splatling shares its same kit but kills faster, moves faster, paints better, and has more range.