Best Weapons For Breaking The Rainmakers Shield?

Duster

Inkster Jr.
What are the best weapons for breaking the Rainmakers Shield and are also decent enough in combat.

Relados

Senior Squid
Chargers are great for inflicting sudden high damage to the shield. I played a guy who ran the Custom E-Liter with max attack on his equipment - the speed with which he could break the shield was frightening, with or without the Kraken.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Any weapon that can do it from a distance. The splattershots might be fast but you might be dead by shield.

I've been happy with N'zap. Distance is perfect and you can move around to the side to get their whole team after shield breaks and not get splatted.

I think a better question might be "what is best weapon for RM?"

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Anything with Killer Wail or Inkstrike and good ink coverage can regularly break the shield. I also recommend high speed shooters and blasters.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'll go with Heavy Splatling for this. Extreme range, and just a constant, CONSTANT barrage of ink shots. It's good at holding the other team's efforts at bay a bit, until my own teammates can get there to do the whole job. It is then good at defending whoever gets the thing after the shield pops.

Reactions: Rob

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Throw a sprinkler in the center of it and the ink is as good as yours. It's constant flow of ink takes it out surprisingly quickly. Combine that with your own fire and you'll be taking it out fast as hell. Not only that, but if there is an enemy trying to cancel out your fire on the other side, you'll likely be bursting that bubble first.

So yea, the sprinkler is pretty effective at taking out the shield.

Last edited:

Samuel_1802

Inkling
NNID
Samuel1802
I like to use the Custom Dual Squelcher, good range so can stay at a safe distance from the shield's explosion if the opponents manage to break it and decent fire rate. It also comes with the Killer Wail, which can really do a number on the shield (and the enemy!). Also, never underestimate Beakons, they can really change a game ;)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Both Splatlings are good for Rainmaker shieldbusting. The Heavy also doubles as suppression, while the Mini can be used like a charged-Tentatek complete with Suction/Zooka play.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
A well placed sprinkler (usually on a wall next to the rainmaker shield) can break the rainmaker shield faster than you'd think.

As for main weapons, charges seem to break it the fastest, and at the safest distance.

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
Really, it depends on which weapon you're the best at using. Really, any of them can be good, due to the many balances. I use the Dynamo Roller, and it works just fine.

D

Deleted Member

Really, it depends on which weapon you're the best at using. Really, any of them can be good, due to the many balances. I use the Dynamo Roller, and it works just fine.
Dynamo Roller is one of the worst weapons for breaking the Rain Maker shield. And I say that as a Dynamo main. Its extremely slow rate of fire and high ink consumption won't allow you to break it if the enemy is shooting at it too. You're better off using Splat Bombs / Sprinkler tech / Inkstrike.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
The sploosh-o-matic is great as long as you're comfortable getting up close to the shield. Its high damage output and ink efficiency is fantastic when someone from the other team is trying to break the shield because they'll almost always run out of ink before you do. Plus, killer wail is nice.

If you want to keep a safe distance, I'd say a charger or the heavy splatling is a good option.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Inkster Jr.
When playing rain maker I play Splash-O-Matic with my ability being able to charge my special faster so I can throw many bombs

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
In terms of weapons that break it the fastest, stuff with good range and either a high rate of fire or high power do the job pretty well. The Splatling and the Dual Squelcher are good in the rate of fire department, and Chargers (Except maybe the Bamboozler) have power locked down. These weapons working in tandem can probably bust the thing really fast, even with enemy interference.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say the Luna Blaster yet. Get close to the shield and that thing absolutely destroys it
If you need range because getting to the shield isn't close enough than you should be taking care of that danger rather than firing at the shield.

Any weapon that can do it from a distance. The splattershots might be fast but you might be dead by shield.

I've been happy with N'zap. Distance is perfect and you can move around to the side to get their whole team after shield breaks and not get splatted.
You do realize the Splattershot and N'zap have the same range, right?

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Dynamo Roller is one of the worst weapons for breaking the Rain Maker shield. And I say that as a Dynamo main. Its extremely slow rate of fire and high ink consumption won't allow you to break it if the enemy is shooting at it too. You're better off using Splat Bombs / Sprinkler tech / Inkstrike.
Agree, with a gold dynamo breaking the shield is a pain. Good thing I use the regular one 90% of the times; it has the sprinkler.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I find that the Carbon Roller has the greatest rate of breaking the shield.

Flick to hit it once, then roll into it for a second hit and cancel that into another flick and repeat. Should be about 3 flicks if the other team isn't hitting it too and saves on ink quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom