Bloblobber...game Changer?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I hope it doesn't get nerfed ;n; I love it too much. The realistic nerf - knowing nintendo - will be reducing strafing speed

matthewrobo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6568-9880-3978
I hate calling for nerfs on the first day a weapon comes out. I really do, since these kinds of reactions are kneejerk at best and destructive at worst. Nevertheless, I do think the weapon is a bit... let's say, ludicrous.

Right now I think a fair nerf would be to at least introduce falloff damage. Yes, the blobs do get smaller and therefore become get less likely to collide with a player every bounce, but they also become harder to see and possibly predict if any of them have collided against a wall. While no other slosher has falloff damage, I don't think it'll be unreasonable to consider reducing the damage every bounce. The Bloblobber is already so wildly different from other sloshers, differentiation by introducing falloff damage won't take it beyond the scope of slosher design.

Last edited:

Inky Chan

Inkling
I think i'd be fine with a fire rate nerf and/or damage falloff. Bloblobber is way too strong at denying a zone, and you barely have room to dodge when they rain bubbles on you. With its range and one-shot potential it needs to be gutted down somewhat. If you have 2 or more Bloblobber users on the enemy team in splat zones, there's no way you can remotely get close of them, depending on the map, especially when they get high grounds and increased range.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The complaining about the weapon seems pretty widespread so yeah it'll probably be nerfed, the Splatoon devs do listen to their fans afterall. Can only hope the weapon is still worth using afterwards.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Ballpoint Splatling all over again! Maybe it'll get a points for special increase though.
Well, the Ballpoint did need a nerf, but more in regards to fixing exploits of the weapon. Hence they nerfed the weapon's ability to charge with low ink, which was heavily exploitable since it basically allowed you to never need to recharge your ink. Otherwise the other attributes of the weapon may be a tad excessive, but not OP. Bloblobber however it a tad beyond excessive.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well, the Ballpoint did need a nerf, but more in regards to fixing exploits of the weapon. Hence they nerfed the weapon's ability to charge with low ink, which was heavily exploitable since it basically allowed you to never need to recharge your ink. Otherwise the other attributes of the weapon may be a tad excessive, but not OP. Bloblobber however it a tad beyond excessive.
True forgot about that, though that nerf was more a slap on the wrist than anything. So how do you think they'll nerf the Bloblobber? Firerate? Don't think any weapon has ever had that type of nerf between the two games, but first time for everything. If that's the case Bloblobber could still be good if it's not too drastic a difference.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Would be a shame if they nerfed it. Not to say it isn't strong, but there are plenty of other strong weapons in the game.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
They've nerfed rate-of-fire of other weapons in the past, they could definitely do that. Or ink consumption, or ink coverage.

matthewrobo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6568-9880-3978
The complaining about the weapon seems pretty widespread so yeah it'll probably be nerfed, the Splatoon devs do listen to their fans afterall. Can only hope the weapon is still worth using afterwards.
I think that it'll still be good using even if it gets heavily nerfed to be honest, due to bubble mechanics. By virtue of bouncing blobs, the weapon will always have a use in locking down chokepoints by making the bubbles near impossible to dodge as long as the blob lobber lobs blobs at walls and constantly changes angles.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think that it'll still be good using even if it gets heavily nerfed to be honest, due to bubble mechanics. By virtue of bouncing blobs, the weapon will always have a use in locking down chokepoints by making the bubbles near impossible to dodge as long as the blob lobber lobs blobs at walls and constantly changes angles.
I think you're way overvaluing the usefulness of bouncing off walls. It's going to be better to aim at the opponent most all the time, the bouncing is more a bonus. Already tough enough trying to predict their movement and leading shots accordingly, having to also figure out what angle your shot will take off the wall in addition is just impractical.

The Bloblobber really isn't OP, certainly not as strong as Tri-Slosher in it's prime, yet even that weapon became worthless after it's nerf. A severe nerf in firerate would make the weapon a joke, opponent's could just walk up to you, jump/dodge sideways 2 or 3 times, and then you're dead. I hope they will just reduce damage per hit from 30 to 24, removing the 1-slosh splat. Still a harsh nerf, but it'd be decently useable atleast.

uhhhhhhhh

Inkster Jr.
Maybe it won't get nerfed, it's pretty weak when bubble bouncing up a hill , the range is severely limited

Inky Chan

Inkling
I feel like it should either:

A) Get a straight damage nerf so it doesn't one-hit people anymore. It should be a two-hit like every other sloshers. It does require more precision, but it also has more range, so a two-hit is fair.

B) Get reduced rate of fire, and damage fall-off after every bounces. It currently does 30 damage per bubbles and fires 4 bubbles, for a total of 120 damage for a 1-hit ko. Damage should be reduced to 24 after the first bounce, and 18 adter the second. (From what i've seen it bounces twice on the ground before fizzling, but i can't guarantee if it always bounces twice)

The weapon is great at coverring turf and controlling a zone, it doesn't need such a massive damage output.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think the bouncing bubbles are a big deal, actually. A tight space can get filled with the things and become a deathtrap. If someone's taking single shots at you, you can stick and move, strafe and dodge, but if the whole area is a ballpit the only thing you can do is fall back.

But even without that, it's like a straight upgrade to the H-3. Similar fire rate (if not faster), larger hitbox, more closely-packed projectiles, and an effective arc shot. It's pretty brutal. I think they tried to balance it by giving it a less popular sub and special, but I think the Splash Wall works really well with it, and Ink Storm + bouncing bubbles = hell.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well looking at how the H̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶b̶ Bloblobber is giving everyone a stressful time I have proposed a nerf, reduce the Spa jets.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This weapon is genuinely disgusting against Brellas and Splash Walls, they shred through them like nobody's business.

The Slosher class was not made to be able to do with kind of damage this fast.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think the bouncing bubbles are a big deal, actually. A tight space can get filled with the things and become a deathtrap. If someone's taking single shots at you, you can stick and move, strafe and dodge, but if the whole area is a ballpit the only thing you can do is fall back.

But even without that, it's like a straight upgrade to the H-3. Similar fire rate (if not faster), larger hitbox, more closely-packed projectiles, and an effective arc shot. It's pretty brutal. I think they tried to balance it by giving it a less popular sub and special, but I think the Splash Wall works really well with it, and Ink Storm + bouncing bubbles = hell.
Shooting straight at them is especially better than wall bouncing in tight corridors as it means they'd have to dodge sideways where there's limited space for them to do so. Bouncing off the wall allows the opponent to dodge forwards/backwards where there is space. In general the Bloblobber isn't different than any other weapon with range advantage in a tight corridor such as the ones in Port Mackerel and Arowana Mall. A Splatling, Charger, etc. will destroy all the same if one is fool enough to challenge them there.

Is H-3 the standard for weapon balance, cause a lot of weapons are better than it, do they all need to be nerfed aswell? :-P

This weapon is genuinely disgusting against Brellas and Splash Walls, they shred through them like nobody's business.

The Slosher class was not made to be able to do with kind of damage this fast.
Yeah the damage against objects is indeed too high, that should definitely be fixed.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Seems like its pretty conservative with the ink also. Have not used it myself yet but its used me fairly well in ranked.. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom