• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Brella is Release!

Varonth

Inkling
NNID
Varonth
On Paper the weapon is good, but with the current iteration of the Tri-Slosher, which deals way too much damage with no real fall off with better spread (again with no fall off) the damage of the Splatbrella feels aweful.

It does not come with top end subs either (hell Sprinkler might be the worse sub outside of Splatzones, were it is also kinda bottom tier).

The only thing it has going is the shield and the curling bomb like shield charge. But are those 2 really going to provide enough to outclass the Tri-Slosher in enough situations to make it a good choice? I don't thing so.

The weapon itself fills the same range slot as the Tri-Slosher, but the Tri-Slosher just does it so much better with faster firing speed, no fall off damage at max range, epic subs and better side coverage.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Literally the only thing I got out of Varonth's input is that the Tri-Slosher needs nerfs, which we all already know.

But really, I like the potential of the weapon and its attributes. We'll see how that changes with time and new weapons, though.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
As a shield, I think it functions very poorly. It's field of defense is very small, so most enemies can just send ink slightly to your side. Mindgames don't work because if you start swimming, you become vulnerable. In a game all about flanking, this is silly. Furthermore it can barely last a full second of damage from one opponent, never mind 4. Never mind that your allies never group up anyway-!

The shotgun effect is powerful, but limited in use. You closer the gap very slowly with this weapon, as it isn't truly designed for it. It has limited turf coverage and only the Sprinkler for a sub. Most weapons outrange and therefore outperform it from a safer distance. Even though this weapon isn't designed for killing, it can't save your life either.

So as a defensive weapon it crumbles if you sneeze on it, and for support or offense, it contributes little. What a shame. As far as being a nuisance weapon goes though, it's brilliant. It has a wide range and near endless Ink Storms and Sprinkler distractions. Firing the shield fools a lot of people!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom