• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Brellla Boi kit?

Is le brella Boi good for competitive?

• Na

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

• What is brella boi

• Total voters

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
As the title says, I need a brella (the normal one or sorella or both) kit for ranked.

I like to rush and hide, picking off Kills until I can start working on the objectives.

Need anything else ask me

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I normally run Ink Saver Main and Run Speed Up on both Splat Brellas since they eat up a lot of ink and Run Speed Up lets you strafe shots better. Same with Tenta.

Both brellas are versatile weapons and they're pretty good at playing support in Splat Zones and Clam Blitz and Tenta is way too slow and gimmicky to use in ranked. So yes, Splat/Sorella are competitively viable while Tenta is not.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I normally run Ink Saver Main and Run Speed Up on both Splat Brellas since they eat up a lot of ink and Run Speed Up lets you strafe shots better. Same with Tenta.

Both brellas are versatile weapons and they're pretty good at playing support in Splat Zones and Clam Blitz and Tenta is way too slow and gimmicky to use in ranked. So yes, Splat/Sorella are competitively viable while Tenta is not.
When playing the Sorella consider running some Ink Saver Sub too...if you plan on using the Autobombs

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I currently run a pure special charge up, a almost pure ink saver main, and a pure ink saver main. I'm working on replacing the almost pure ink saver main with a pure sub saver up.

The only thing that I think won't work with @AllToonedUp idea is my special charge is a hat, almost pure is the shirt and the pure ink saver is the shoes. Isn't run speed up rare on hats?

Also @MotorGamer I try to use the bombs as much as I can

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I currently run a pure special charge up, a almost pure ink saver main, and a pure ink saver main. I'm working on replacing the almost pure ink saver main with a pure sub saver up.

The only thing that I think won't work with @AllToonedUp idea is my special charge is a hat, almost pure is the shirt and the pure ink saver is the shoes. Isn't run speed up rare on hats?

Also @MotorGamer I try to use the bombs as much as I can
Special Charge Up is also good. I mostly chunk farm for abilities I want and I constantly check Splatnet for gear.

I also don't have issues with Sorella's ink consumption because I run a pure Ink Saver Main shirt with Run Speed Up and 3 Ink recovery Up slots on a hat.

I only toss bombs when necessary and the brella can fight fine without spamming them.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Special Charge Up is also good. I mostly chunk farm for abilities I want and I constantly check Splatnet for gear.

I also don't have issues with Sorella's ink consumption because I run a pure Ink Saver Main shirt with Run Speed Up and 3 Ink recovery Up slots on a hat.

I only toss bombs when necessary and the brella can fight fine without spamming them.
Wait does sorrela consume more than the regular?

So should I stick with what I have now, or should I go for run speed up?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer

Ummm does Sprinkler or Autobomb take up more Ink?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet

Sorella eats up more ink than the vanilla because of how much you have to use autobombs in battle compared to sprinklers. I recommend you should try to invest in getting pure Run Speed Up shoes over almost 4 Ink Saver Mains because neither brellas consume THAT much ink.

Run Speed Up helps you strafe shots better when in and out of shield which makes you harder to hit, I wouldn't go over maybe 3 mains at absolute most, but just a pure RSU item is good enough.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
With brellas you'll need ink saver main/run speed up/swim speed up. Unfortunately unlike other weapons the brella is heavily gear-dependent, so there's little to be experimented with beyond pures of :ability_inksavermain:/:ability_runspeed:/:ability_swimspeed:. You can also try comeback because it's perks all help the brella in combat, but that's ultimately your choice.

thundasi

Senior Squid
splat brella build https://loadout.ink/#05000071088000b82d006b86d
sprinkler loses max effectiveness after 20 seconds. move it often
I do alot of flutter shielding so main saver is life.
and special power up because as of current storm is weak and i like the chip damage

keep a fresh (20 sec or less sprinkler spinning at all times is free charge up

also to take a zone i combo when close to special
brella release
ink storm(free ink refill ;D)
sprinkler throw
At that point i got about 2 sec til my canopy is backup so back into the fight!
Here is a discussion from a while ago.
https://squidboards.com/posts/256475/

Last edited:

thundasi

Senior Squid
Sorella build https://loadout.ink/#0502000908800104a50010cc6
After engagements i throw off my canopy if it has taken chip damage but is still active, cause no reason to run around with half a shield. autobombs are a strong but a massive ink sink, so i want enough "oh ****" ink left in the can after a bomb throw. QSJ is more about getting out of combat for my planning than getting in but i jump alot anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom