• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.7)

Weapons Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.7)

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
SquiddiamFancyson submitted a new guide:

Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (Draft 1.0) - A brief look at burst bombs and their utility.

Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon
By SquiddiamFancyson

Burst bombs are an effective but underutilized sub weapon in Splatoon. At first glance, they appear to be inferior to the other bomb classes, as unlike splat bombs they do not splat in one shot, and unlike sticky bombs they do not latch onto an area. However, if we look deeper, there are a range of benefits burst bombs provide that make them a powerful sub in the right hands....
Read more about this guide...

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
The guide for now is finished as far as text is concerned. My only plans for future updates is to get some photos and videos that better demonstrate examples. If someone is interested in helping me get said footage (or editing some existing stuff) then I'm more than happy to credit you accordingly.

Also willing to make refinements if people have any suggestions. Feedback and rates as always are greatly appreciated. A massive thank you to the rates thus far.

Njok

Bouncer
The guide for now is finished as far as text is concerned. My only plans for future updates is to get some photos and videos that better demonstrate examples. If someone is interested in helping me get said footage (or editing some existing stuff) then I'm more than happy to credit you accordingly.

Also willing to make refinements if people have any suggestions. Feedback and rates as always are greatly appreciated. A massive thank you to the rates thus far.
You could just ask the Waffle?

Njok

Bouncer
I am confused on this. The L-3 D seems to be able to kill with Bomb+Shot w/o any damage ups. Can you elaborate what you mean with the damage ups for the Nozzle? Thanks!
You'd normally kill with 1 bomb + 1 burst (actually the second shot of the burst if i'm not mistaken). A nozzlenose burst is 3 shots. By running damage up, you'll get the kill after the first hit of the burst. This decreased ttk may prevent trades.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I am confused on this. The L-3 D seems to be able to kill with Bomb+Shot w/o any damage ups. Can you elaborate what you mean with the damage ups for the Nozzle? Thanks!
Hi blue. @Njok summed it up perfectly but I will change the phrasing to better clarify. Thank you for the like and feedback.

WrongShoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hhhhsu
nice guide. One other application I've started using burst bombs for is to check around corners or over obstacles for camping enemies. You can hear the hit sound if they're there.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
nice guide. One other application I've started using burst bombs for is to check around corners or over obstacles for camping enemies. You can hear the hit sound if they're there.
I'll make a more specific point about that since that's the kind of thing I meant by checking enemy terrain, though I realize that it's a rather brief term for a large concept. I'm planning on expanding some points to be clearer and adding images or video when I can cut down a file I have. Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
SquiddiamFancyson updated Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.4) with a new update entry:

Burst Bombs - 1.4 Update

Clarified some points regarding snuffing out opponents, including mentioning the distinct hit sound and how this helps you 'see' enemies outside your field of vision.

Also explained that you don't need to jump to escape with burst bombs in enemy terrain, and stated the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
Read the rest of this update entry...

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
SquiddiamFancyson updated Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.5) with a new update entry:

Version 1.5 Update + Thank You

Hi all,

A huge thank you to everybody that has given me feedback so far. It's been overwhelmingly positive and has meant the world to me. That being said, I'm still looking for details I can add to the guide, so please don't hesitate to send me your suggestions.

This update mainly consists of rephrasing to provide a smoother reading experience. It also includes revisions of important damage up thresholds following the recent patches.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
SquiddiamFancyson updated Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.6) with a new update entry:

1.6 - Damage up stacking and defense up.

A relatively small update, but a fairly important one. I've added a note in the TTK section that addresses the state of the metagame currently, and included my opinion on damage stacking. This is solely my opinion but one that will hopefully be useful to people unsure on how to use their remaining gear slots.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
SquiddiamFancyson updated Burst Bombs: Applications of an Underrated Sub Weapon (V1.6) with a new update entry:

1.6 - Damage Stacking and Defense Up

A relatively small update, but a fairly important one. I've added a note in the TTK section that addresses the state of the metagame currently, and included my opinion on damage stacking. This is solely my opinion but one that will hopefully be useful to people unsure on how to use their remaining gear slots.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom