Camp Trigerfish Splash Zones SUCK!

1o2

Inkling Cadet
heavily favors long range weapons a lot more in general
This can be said about a lot of maps, in any gamemode. As it is now, having a higher fire rate for less range seems to be a bad trade off. Have you seen any of the tournament matches?

Personally I think the zones are fine on this map, it's mostly about who has more aim. What I mean by this is that the beginning of the match all comes down to whatever team gets the kills across the zone first. I wish it wasn't so easy to spawn camp on this map though.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
I like it without bridge.

Forces some one on ones en route to the other splash zone.

Fun with charger too. Especially splat charger with the bomb rush. A few bomb range ups and you can ensure your enemy doesn't go near their splat zone.

Changes the strategy from the normal 'Rush to center and hold it.'

You have to get out of your comfort zone and attack.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
long range weapons are definitely a must on this map, But I've also had some minor success with the jr and being able to throw splat bombs to the other side.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I do like playing it, but I feel like it heavily favors long range weapons a lot more in general, as there's no real effective way to approach with a short range weapon. Some people can even splat opponents when they're standing in their own zones. Not to mention the walls behind the zones are perfect spots for chargers or Splatlings. It's pretty tough to deal with, especially if you don' have a long range weapon, in my opinion.
If you are an accurate charger you can pretty much 1 v 4 on it (Especially an E-liter with Echolocator), unless there is another charger on the other team. With no charger on the other team you have shot access to the other zone as well as both paths to your zone if you stay on the upper wall above your zone. Plus the wall lines the entire area and has the path behind it so you have a getaway as a last resort option.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
that's the entire point of a flank though. If you're forced to use it is stops being a flank and ends up just being a really long way to get somewhere
Good point. I always called it flank even though I expected the other team to expect it, due to no term for 'going around the long way when they know we'll be there'. Good point on the 'one zone' thing. I guess it doesn't matter in that case.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Good point. I always called it flank even though I expected the other team to expect it, due to no term for 'going around the long way when they know we'll be there'. Good point on the 'one zone' thing. I guess it doesn't matter in that case.
Thank YOU! Finally someone actually understands!

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
If it was the EXACT same as the TW version of the map then I would agree. But it's not b/c the gates open at the start of the match. If it wasn't there the map would be extremely linear b/c there's only one path to traverse on. If there was a bridge in the middle, I could only imagine the amount of spawn camping that would play out. Triggerfish is a very tuggawar style map, more so than Arowana or Walleye.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
If it was the EXACT same as the TW version of the map then I would agree. But it's not b/c the gates open at the start of the match. If it wasn't there the map would be extremely linear b/c there's only one path to traverse on. If there was a bridge in the middle, I could only imagine the amount of spawn camping that would play out. Triggerfish is a very tuggawar style map, more so than Arowana or Walleye.
True! That actually is really valid and to be honest that thought didn't cross my mind! But it's just soo ehh! Haha I just think there's a lot of map/modes that need a little bit of fine tuning!

Reverse

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MKCyan
It's notthatbadimo,especialyl since you canthrowasplash wall onto the other sidexd

This space bar is screwed upon school pc lmao

ssupermario92

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ssupermario92
I used to hate Triggerfish but now I love it.

SZ Camp just requires a bit more thought into it imo.

Tbh SZ Mackeral is cancer more then any thing

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Tbh SZ Mackeral is cancer more then any thing
Honestly I used to think that too, but now I've realized the map is more about whoever has a better "neutral game". You are basically going back and forth between the lanes with people spamming Splash Walls, and whoever wins engagements through killing the enemy wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom