• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Camp Triggerfish Out-of-Bound Rainmaker Glitch Discovered!

Hi Squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Recently there has been a lot of talk about a glitch that allows you to keep the Rainmaker safe on the reasonably new Hammerhead Bridge map (my friend Rynator has an excellent demonstration on his channel)! Well, it seems like the glitches are not stopping there. Twitter user 'Nintendo Florida' has discovered another out-of-bounds glitch that can be used to keep the Rainmaker safe on the Camp Triggerfish map. It seems to abuse a mechanic that allows a squid to sit on a ledge right by the map's spawn area.

Watch the demonstration here:

It's important to note that this glitch may be a bit more difficult to abuse. Discord user DanielKO had this to say regarding the glitch:

"...With this [glitch], you might spend half of your rainmaker timer just getting all the way back with twice the countdown speed. In the video it took 16 seconds to swim with the rainmaker from the center to that point."

What are your thoughts on the viability of this glitch? Do you think glitches like these should be banned in competitive tournaments? Leave us your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Comments

D
So does the Rain Maker actually stay on that ledge if you jump off or die? If it doesn't, I don't see the point in doing this glitch.

So does the Rain Maker actually stay on that ledge if you jump off or die? If it doesn't, I don't see the point in doing this glitch.
Theoretically it would reset to center if you're on your own side. If you're on the enemy side ...you might as well put it on the pedestal.

It's not that bad. I mean, yeah. If you have teammates picking up what you're doing in solo Ranked, it can be lethal. But in actual tournaments I doubt anyone will really bother with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom