• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Camp Triggerfish Shortcut

Ayo Sage

Inkling
NNID
Ayosage
I think its just the timing of hitting the bumper on the first jump

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Looks like you bounce off the first bumper and aim to land on the next.
This is totally useless in tower control, but this shortcut looks super helpful anytime else.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Being that I generally use .52 Gal Deco in Splat Zones, I've already done this quite a few times. It's definitely a nice shortcut for seekers as long as someone on the other team isn't doing it as well!

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Looks like you bounce off the first bumper and aim to land on the next.
This is totally useless in tower control, but this shortcut looks super helpful anytime else.
Actually you "short hop" onto the near edge of the bumper, slide until you gain momentum, and jump right when you feel that momentum kick in. Straight up jumping twice is a lot harder and frame precise.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
If only you could jump between the two sides of Bluefin depot...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
You can in tower control.
Well you can walk across the gap of triggerfish in tower control as well as access side paths that are uninkable in other modes. I wish they put in blocks so you can get on top of the freight containers in port mackerel besides using the tower since they took out the fork lifts, but overall I like the tower control versions of the maps (or maybe I just really love the mode as well.)

Dave1

Inkling
I played around with the trick for a little while. It's possible to do by just standing on top of the bumper, jumping up in place aiming to land on the middle and tilt forward right before landing, then jumping near the far-edge of the bumper to make the gap. A helpful visual cue for practicing the jump is the splash of ink your squid makes from landing on a non-inked surface. Also it is possible to do this with a "full-hop" before crossing.

The jump requires relatively zero momentum using that technique but as for the method shown in the video I've found that using swim speed up increased my success rate with the jump; however, swim speed is not required. This jump is probably not going to be useful since getting hit by any form of enemy ink or swimming over a spec of enemy ink will make it impossible, but it might work since I doubt anyone would expect it in the middle of a game. Personally I wouldn't consider attempting this in a match due to the likelihood of dying but if anyone gives it a shot in live matches let us know if it is successful or unfeasible.

Note: I didn't try using any subs to test if that makes the jump easier to do (Whoops forgot! ;D). The explosion from the seeker may aid your momentum but unfortunately I did not test this.

Njok

Bouncer
Technically it may be possible without swim/speed and / or opening gambit but then you will arrive there as a target no doubt. Did anyone use it in game yet?

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
We can put it in a mutual fund, then reinvest it into foreign currency accounts with compounding interest...

Aaaaaand its gone.

Its all gone. Please step out of the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom