• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Can Splatoon be an esport? SiVa Gaming seems to think so!

When Reggie Fils-Aime indicated that he has a desire to turn Splatoon into an esport, many people began to wonder what a competitive Splatoon scene would actually look like. Well, it has been 3 months since the game’s launch and we are finally getting a chance to see this develop.

SiVa Gaming, known for sponsoring smash players in the past, has sponsored a Splatoon team! Yes, SiVa has set their eyes on iTi (in The Ink), a NorCal based squad that is looking to make a splash in competitive Splatoon. This comes hot on the heels of Panda Global Gaming’s own foray into Inkopolis. If SiVa has their way, you will be seeing iTi’s name all over tournament brackets soon.

Here was iTi's squad for the Ink Or Sink tournament:

Nanerz | TheeTheNanerz
Torizo | SmashBroIV
Rice | WhiteRice
duck | dluckystarfax
SuperOven | Super0ven
hunty | thedoctorU

I am sure all eyes will be on iTi in future Splatoon tournaments!

Let us know what teams you think should be sponsored next! For more information on competitive Splatoon, be sure to keep your eyes peeled to SquidBoards! Special thanks to @Flying_Tortoise for helping with this post.

Comments

This gets me really excited for what the future has in terms of competitive Splatoon. Everyone is taking massive strides in furthering the meta and enlarging the scene. Great work guys!

Pogchamp

This is really big news! I'm glad to see siva get involved and hope to see in the ink in future tournaments

On the topic of Esports..........*insert plug here*

I'm not actually going to do it, but hopefully people know what's going on ;)

Great news, glad to see we're growing as a community.

When Reggie Fils-Aime indicated that he has a desire to turn Splatoon into an esport, many people began to wonder what a competitive Splatoon scene would actually look like. Well, it has been 3 months since the game’s launch and we are finally getting a chance to see this develop.

SiVa Gaming, known for sponsoring smash players in the past, has sponsored a Splatoon team! Yes, SiVa has set their eyes on iTi (in The Ink), a NorCal based squad that is looking to make a splash in competitive Splatoon. This comes hot on the heels of Panda Global Gaming’s own foray into Inkopolis. If SiVa has their way, you will be seeing iTi’s name all over tournament brackets soon.

Here was iTi's squad for the Ink Or Sink tournament:

Nanerz | TheeTheNanerz
Torizo | SmashBroIV
Rice | WhiteRice
duck | dluckystarfax
SuperOven | Super0ven
hunty | thedoctorU

I am sure all eyes will be on iTi in future Splatoon tournaments!

Let us know what teams you think should be sponsored next! For more information on competitive Splatoon, be sure to keep your eyes peeled to SquidBoards! Special thanks to @Flying_Tortoise for helping with this post.
If only it would be able to plug rj45/ethernet cabels to Wiiu...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom