can you farm ability chunks in Salmon Run?

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Can you go into Salmon Run and farm ability chunks? I find the mode more stressful than fun personally and thus have barely kept up with it, but many of my friends who play the mode religiously have hundreds of each chunk when I have barely any at all, and I think I would be fine with learning to endure it if it was more worthwhile. I believe you get special gear through it, and if you get duplicates you can take their chunks, but I'm not sure if it's reliable or even the specific process for how my friends get so many. I would really appreciate it if someone taught me the most efficient way to get them, even if there's a better way outside of Salmon Run, because I really could use them to customize my gear more.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
chase247 made a video about how to efficiently get gear chunks a while ago, but tldw: yeah salmon run is Really good for getting gear chunks. you'll get dozens of chunks from just playing a single rotation for about an hour, it's kinda crazy i feel like. there are some other ways outside of salmon run to get them decently fast but they're time consuming or expensive in other ways (chase also goes over those in his video)

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
also worth noting, i think, that getting chunks out of salmon run isn’t necessarily linked to consistently doing well in salmon run - you get fewer points for failed shifts, but even on a losing streak, you’ll still get points towards capsules that might have chunks/gear you can trade in for chunks.

my salmon run tab on splatnet is… very depressing right now lol, but i still get a decent amount of chunks out of playing when i can’t manage to clear a single shift over a whole play session

not to say that you shouldn’t try to clear at all! in fact, if you don’t really know any salmon run-specific strategies right now, i’d encourage you to learn some. you don’t have to be an overfisher (i sure am not), but having a better idea of what you’re doing might make the mode less stressful - not to mention, fill your meter faster and get you your chunks sooner. my point is more that it’s not an all-or-nothing thing - if you’re still learning and struggling a bit, you’re still getting chunks out of it, so your time isn’t being wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom