• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Can you speak another language?

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
I've off and on been trying to learn Japanese. Funny thing though, due to both taking TaeKwonDo And flying Korean Air (to Japan & Back) I have a handful of Korean under my belt. O_o Be great to know both but it's hard to keep at it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't speak anything other than English currently, but working on learning Japanese.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hmm.. it seems a lot of people here are interested of learning Japanese. From my experience it isn't that hard.

In addition to my native language of English, I can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and Vietnamese :)
Mandarin, Cantonese and Vietnamese. That's pretty cool. I've tried to learn Vietnamese a long time ago and it was insanely difficult for me.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I speak Squidish
Does anyone want me to sub the inkling sister's song?

Kidding... I live in Israel so I'm Hebrew native, I learned English through the internet and school, of course at first it was school, but I don't think anything I learn in school is effective now because I don't need the grammar rules I already know how to use those without even thinking about it... Subbed shows really helped me, just as we learn Japanese through anime I did through Disney shows
I hope I'll get the chance to learn Japanese someday, I think it could be helpful for my career and my hobbies too (MANGA IN 4 BUCKS SUCKERSSS)

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
I've taken French class since the fourth grade, so I can speak it fairly good.

(English is still my main language)

Last edited:

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
I love hearing so many different stories and knowing so many are attempting to learn languages!

Coming from an area where no one learns other languages and people can barely speak English properly, it's inspiring to know a lot of people take an interest in languages.

SquidisaWard

Full Squid
NNID
KaBlamJamDan
I lived in Poland for like 4 years then moved to America so I can speak Polish... which make me the one who have to take care of the Polish exchange students we get regularly for some reason.

shrooby

Get Kraken
I'm learning Japanese right now.
I hadn't really learned a second language before and now I'm in college learning Japanese for the first time... yeah it's pretty tough for me.
But I think it's a really fun language and I love my sensee who's thankfully a native speaker. I like writing Japanese especially.

日本語!

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Unfortunately, I'm not well-versed in anything but English. I am interested in learning another, though.

Initially, I wanted to learn French in middle school, but the course was pulled on the year I was finally able to take a language elective. I ended up taking a couple semesters of Spanish, but I fell out of it. I was pretty good at the actual learning part, but I just was not interested in the language itself.

Currently, learning Japanese is a goal of mine. I've started learning on my own, to see if it interests me enough to warrant taking college courses. I like it, and I'm interested in learning more about the language and the culture, but I have a tendency to procrastinate like no other. Plus, I've got a couple more important things in my life to sort out before I can dedicate my time to it.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
日本語は少しできるようになったけど、まだまだね… 勉強するのがつずけたいんだけど、まあ時間がなくて、それに私の大学の日本語のクラスはちょっとだめと思ってる…

Tuve cuatros años de español en escuela secundaria y puedo comprender un poco de la lengua, pero olvido casi todo :( Cuando trato de hablar español, pienso en Japones..

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
Hablo Inglés como un idioma segunda. Es muy común en los Estados Unidos. Algunas veces se me olvida unas palabras y uso la palabra que quiero describir en español. xD

(Too Spanish; Didn't read version: English = 2nd language, very common in the US, sometimes I mess up and use spanish words as a replacement.)

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
English is my first language but I can fully speak Portuguese, not very good at writing it thought.
I can understand Spanish, and I studied french in high school but that didn't really go anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom