Inkling
NNID
ScotchKaz
I can't belive it either with the popularity difference

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
I thought we would at least win with the popularity but apparently Cars prevailed with match wins.
I was honestly shocked, all the teams I was on won nearly every match.

GG, Team Cars.

Scotch

Inkling
NNID
ScotchKaz
About time a team I joined won Splat Fest. The only other time was Marshies vs Hotdogs.
Bruh, if you really want a good chance to win a splatfest then pick the team Callie is on.

I don't know why but most of the time the team she's on wins.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Bruh, if you really want a good chance to win a splatfest then pick the team Callie is on.

I have picked Callie's team every time... lol.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Yeah, i'm kinda stunned at the popularity stats too... AND the wins regarding that. Huh, that's Splatoon for you, folks, you usually win or lose by a little bit.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Yeah, I only won the very first one (Dog Champion) and either I was at work for the other ones or bad choices (Autobots and Science). So finally got another win under my belt.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I devote this win to my wonderful husband who is a car enthusiast and can identify a car to its last detail.

Scotch

Inkling
NNID
ScotchKaz
I have picked Callie's team every time... lol.
Did you miss the rollercoaster and art wins?

Even if you look at the splatfests worldwide Callie has more wins under her belt, I wonder why.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

Even if you look at the splatfests worldwide Callie has more wins under her belt, I wonder why.
Maybe because it's a topic either a lot more people prefer (popularity) or what more skilled people happen to choose (wins).

Let's look at those with more wins who actually won:

I remember the justification for Roller Coasters win is that more older people (and probably more skilled) will choose it due to height restrictions. This thought may be applied to Decepticons win (Marie's side) with more adults are tired of life and just want to be evil sometimes while kids are more idealistic about life and will more likely choose the side of good. Maybe the more skilled players chose Cars because they are adults who can drive while kids do not have the opportunity yet.

Let's apply this to a European one with Rock vs Pop. Many adults like to poke fun at certain pop stars and will go to Rock instead. Remember it is considered cool to make fun of certain celebrities who are usually associated more with pop music so it is no wonder it got more wins and voters.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
...huh. I am legitimately surprised. I thought for sure I had doomed us with my terrible play. xD

I was sort of thinking that Cars might have a gameplay disadvantage due to being bright orange targets in an environment that's mostly dark (due to the lighting and backgrounds), making us easier to hit. I think that theory of mine is thoroughly debunked now. :P

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
The results are a lie. I won 95% of my matches on Team Plane and I became a King. There were about 10 matches where I faced another team of Team Plane.

The calculation is off. Any others on Team Plane win nearly all their matches?

I am now thinking every single Splatfest has had fixed results.

Scotch

Inkling
NNID
ScotchKaz
Maybe because it's a topic either a lot more people prefer (popularity) or what more skilled people happen to choose (wins).

Let's look at those with more wins who actually won:

I remember the justification for Roller Coasters win is that more older people (and probably more skilled) will choose it due to height restrictions. This thought may be applied to Decepticons win (Marie's side) with more adults are tired of life and just want to be evil sometimes while kids are more idealistic about life and will more likely choose the side of good. Maybe the more skilled players chose Cars because they are adults who can drive while kids do not have the opportunity yet.

Let's apply this to a European one with Rock vs Pop. Many adults like to poke fun at certain pop stars and will go to Rock instead. Remember it is considered cool to make fun of certain celebrities who are usually associated more with pop music so it is no wonder it got more wins and voters.
That's pretty true for the most part, there's still a couple of outliers, but at the end of the day I guess it's really just the luck of the draw.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard

This is what I'm noticing, that more often than not Callie's team will win the Splatfest. Maybe it's all a matter of it being the first choice you read, if ever so slightly. I've only been in two Splatfests though.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
This is what I'm noticing, that more often than not Callie's team will win the Splatfest. Maybe it's all a matter of it being the first choice you read, if ever so slightly. I've only been in two Splatfests though.
That may be a possible explaination for popularity but for NA, Marie got the popularity for Dogs, Waterslides and Planes and Science was very close popularity to Art so that can't be it. Would skilled players just pick the first choice they see? Again Hot Dogs and Decepticons say otherwise and Science also got close in skills.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532

I don't care, I'm only putting support where it deserves to be.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel

I think Callie and Marie are about equal in popularity. Better players like Callie more cause Marie's laid back style attracts noobs and beta players, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom