• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Changes for Salmon Run in the future.

Cephalobro

Now I know Splatoon 2's version of Salmon Run isn't likely to receive a major change, but I believe it's very likely for Splatoon 3's Salmon Run to contain said changes. What do you hope to see?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Perhaps, after surpassing a certain egg quota you can fight a suped up Salmonid boss that drops a whole bunch of of golden eggs or, to be unoriginal with the value of elements, Platinum eggs. TBH I just want to face a giant enemy at the end of a good run, complete with actual COMPETENT co-workers.

Cephalobro

I want them to remove the punishment for losing Salmon Run if a player leaves during the match, nothing is more frustrating than having a rage-quitter screw everything up for the rest of the team.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I have a few changes, but nothing major.

1. Like Cephalobro said, no punishment for ragequitters/DCs. Ever get a round where your Roller DCed on the first round, and it's a Glowfly rush?

2. More event waves. It's kind of frustrating that they haven't added anything new for a year. Maybe there could be a wave like "Salmonid Elite" where you fight humanoid Salmonid who have the same weapons you have, and how many come at you depends on the difficulty.

3. Rewards for sticking with a rotation. You really don't get much for going after 1200 superbonus unless you're looking for a specific ability on a piece of Grizzco gear. Maybe they should make it to where triple chunks are more likely after getting to a certain point. What about having that mystical item I'm dreaming of that changes a piece of gear's main ability at the 10000 superbonus mark?!

Cephalobro

I know something really fun and would really remove some of the unnecessary difficulty, giving weapons certain abilities, like the ability to pierce through armor or explosive capabilities would be a nice welcome change, with a cost of Power Eggs. This feature would finally put a stop to overcrowding in tiny areas.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
In terms of within Splatoon 2's lifespan.
  • At least one more map. Other than adding the newer weapons, Grizzco weapons, and a new Gizzco only rotations, we haven't really gotten much new content wise. The mode has only gotten 2 new maps in August and November but none since then. I feel with how long they're prolonged Splatoon 2's support, I'm shocked we haven't gotten at least 1 new map.
  • I do kind of want a Grizzco weapon for every weapon category by the end of this. We still Shooters, Rollers, Brushes, Splatlings, and Dualies. I guess if you don't want to cross categories then at least Rollers, Splatlings, and Dualies.
  • If they're daring, entirely new occurrences.

In terms of the mode in future installments. Both realistic and slightly less realistic ideas.
  • Raid bosses. Either as a wave or as a stand alone thing entirely. The round is built entirely around fighting a single giant super boss. Similar to how Mothership is now, the boss can't actually be defeated and eggs are gotten through abnormal means.
  • The ability to play Salmon Run solo in offline mode. This can also apply to Splatoon 2. Sometimes I just want to mess around with solo Salmon Run at the Shoal but the can't won't let me.
  • An endless mode. Maybe give it a larger map.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
For one, being able to choose your weapons, the difficulty, maybe the map, and play the mode offline with local co-op or bot allies.

Maybe as an April Fools Day exclusive, add an extra mode where you play it solo, it's in first person, the only map is the really linear one, every wave is the glowfishes, you don't need to collect any golden eggs, you're armed only with a splattling that doesn't need to be charged or refilled, and the only song that plays is BFG Division.

The ability to look at a Flyfish, and watch it disappear.
Fun isn't something one considers when bring balance to Salmon Run, but this... does put a smile on my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom