• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Check out the Splatoon Wiki!

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Absolutely; all help is appreciated even if it's small.
Then you might want to edit my stuff cause I'm not English native and I don't know if my writing will be good for that

Espyo

Inkling
Hey everybody! It makes me so happy to know all of you are pleased with the wiki :). I knew it would end up like this, and that's why I always pushed to try to get the wiki moved away from Wikia.

Although I'm always busy with my own shenanigans, I'll constantly poke around the wiki to clean up and take care of other higher-level duties. Expect to see me around the boards too, once I get the game.

Also, we discussed this before amongst ourselves, but would you admins of Squidboards be interested in a partnership? Much like Smashboards and Smash Wiki have going on right now.

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
Then you might want to edit my stuff cause I'm not English native and I don't know if my writing will be good for that
From your comments here I can see your writing is very well written! I'll check it out the wiki later, though if you're really concerned.

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
Hm... I can't find anywhere to really just talk or ask questions on the wiki itself. What's the policy on spoilers? I could make a number of noteworthy edits if we're not concerned about them.
When one goes onto a wiki they must expect spoilers. Put any and all spoilers; you don't even need to add a warning.

Espyo

Inkling
When one goes onto a wiki they must expect spoilers. Put any and all spoilers; you don't even need to add a warning.
Actually, I added a (makeshift) spoiler tag today. Because we've got so many people contributing, it'd be sad if somebody came around just trying to fix a typo on the scrolls page, and then be bombarded with spoilers for the final scroll right in their face.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
From your comments here I can see your writing is very well written! I'll check it out the wiki later, though if you're really concerned.
Ok then :) I'll see what I can add

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Alrighty! Just bought the Splatoon Prima Game Guide so I can definitely contribute.
I'm going to be starting a new group soon, so is it okay if I start off with my own stuff?

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
Alrighty! Just bought the Splatoon Prima Game Guide so I can definitely contribute.
I'm going to be starting a new group soon, so is it okay if I start off with my own stuff?
Please elaborate, I'm not sure I understand

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
I've been working on the boss pages and edited some bits here and there. I've never edited a wiki before, it's actually kinda fun.
Awesome, thank you so much for contributing! Editing wikis is surprisingly fun, and I'm glad you're a part of the Inkipedia community now!

eli

Senior Squid
NNID
frozenpandaman
I've been contributing a lot to the wiki lately and plan to continue doing so. :) Thanks for the great site!

Flips

Inkling
If your talking about the wikia one, its because my friends from Pikipedia are the ones that contacted that wiki, and relaunched it on NIWA. So the wikia one is just an outdated version, really.
Do I understand this correct - the same staff is holding 2 wikis?
If yes, wouldnt it be better to close the old site? Simply to prevent confusion in terms of contribution.

Moydow

Inkling
Do I understand this correct - the same staff is holding 2 wikis?
If yes, wouldnt it be better to close the old site? Simply to prevent confusion in terms of contribution.
The staff have abandoned the Wikia wiki, and moved to the new one, but because of Wikia policies, the old one can't be closed, so instead it just sits there giving out outdated/incorrect information. Unfortunately there isn't really a whole lot we can do about it, except try to get the new one to the top of Google search results so people go there instead of the outdated one.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
For anyone out there that's in charge of the Template:Ink page, I want to propose some colors that IMO are more accurate and appropriate names to the colors in the actual game.

Code:
| "pink” = #fe447d
| "orange” = #f78f2e
| "yellow orange” = #fdc41d
| "lime green” = #d1f20a
| "emerald green” = #5cd05b
| "teal” = #03c1cd
| "blue” = #0e10e6
| "violet“ = #9208e7
| "red orange” = #f84c00
| "yellow” = #f3f354
| "mint” = #bff1e5
| "green” = #3bc335
| "sea green” = #7af5ca
| "light blue” = #448bff
| "dark blue” = #252d9c
| "fuscha” = #d645c8
| "neon green” = #0afe15
| "cyan” = #0acdfe
| "neon orange” = #ff9600
| "dark fuscha” = #932286

Demonstration for on the page:

:*{{Ink|pInk|16}}
:*{{Ink|orange|16}}
:*{{Ink|yellow orange|16}}
:*{{Ink|lime green|16}}
:*{{Ink|emerald green|16}}
:*{{Ink|teal|16}}
:*{{Ink|blue|16}}
:*{{Ink|violet|16}}
:*{{Ink|red orange|16}}
:*{{Ink|yellow|16}}
:*{{Ink|mint|16}}
:*{{Ink|green|16}}
:*{{Ink|sea green|16}}
:*{{Ink|light blue|16}}
:*{{Ink|dark blue|16}}
:*{{Ink|fuscha|16}}
:*{{Ink|neon green|16}}
:*{{Ink|cyan|16}}
:*{{Ink|neon orange|16}}
:*{{Ink|dark fuscha|16}}
When I tried putting it on the Wiki, it didn't register any of the color changes and instead every color came out as invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom