• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Christmas 2015

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Second night of Hannukah. This time my husband attempts the narrator from Spongebob and Patrick as well as Squidward.

rust

Inkling
Being a Dutch person I don't really get present at christmas. Last couple winters wheren't snowy and we don't have egg nog.
Egg nog is great, definitely worth trying if you ever get the chance, I personally love it, one of my favorite parts of this time of the year.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
My grandmother may have died recently, but I'm still gonna try and have a good Christmas this year. I'm gonna start watching some Christmas specials and get around to putting the rest of the ornaments up on the tree before then. I'm sure my grandmother would want me to be happy during this time anyway.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Generally I have always liked Christmas but at the same time I've always hated how commercialized and built-up it has become. But I guess it's just inevitable that when a money-making opportunity surfaces, people will do as much as possible to "utilize" it...

Nevertheless, I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the dumb commercials and whatnot, so I always generally enjoy the holiday a lot.

And of course I'm looking forward to playing lots of Splatoon! Currently I can only play on weekends due to extensive homework and such.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Generally I have always liked Christmas but at the same time I've always hated how commercialized and built-up it has become. But I guess it's just inevitable that when a money-making opportunity surfaces, people will do as much as possible to "utilize" it...

Nevertheless, I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the dumb commercials and whatnot, so I always generally enjoy the holiday a lot.

And of course I'm looking forward to playing lots of Splatoon! Currently I can only play on weekends due to extensive homework and such.
I can't stand all of the holiday commercials. It's really just a big excuse to drain you of all of your money and thank god I don't watch much TV so I don't have to see loads of "buy our stuff cause it's the time of the year". But the family moments is what I love about this time of the year and it makes Christmas special. I have a wonderful mother and brother and spending the holidays with them is wonderful and I couldn't ask for more.

My grandmother may have died recently, but I'm still gonna try and have a good Christmas this year. I'm gonna start watching some Christmas specials and get around to putting the rest of the ornaments up on the tree before then. I'm sure my grandmother would want me to be happy during this time anyway.
Decorating your tree sounds fun! We just ordered a fake one so we won't get to decorate it until it arrives but I look forward to it. Trust me when I say watching Christmas movies and specials WILL put you into the holiday spirit. I'm positive your grandmother would love to see you happy around this time of the year, and just wanting to see you happy whenever.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Decorating your tree sounds fun! We just ordered a fake one so we won't get to decorate it until it arrives but I look forward to it. Trust me when I say watching Christmas movies and specials WILL put you into the holiday spirit. I'm positive your grandmother would love to see you happy around this time of the year, and just wanting to see you happy whenever.
I'm definitely gonna get into the holiday spirit now that my depression is over with. There's no way my grandmother would like to see me sad during the holidays, so I'm gonna make her proud and be in a more cheerful mood.

Oh, and I don't think I'm gonna put the rest of the ornaments on the tree after all. There's plenty of them on there already, but that's okay because we have too many of them anyway. XD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm definitely gonna get into the holiday spirit now that my depression is over with. There's no way my grandmother would like to see me sad during the holidays, so I'm gonna make her proud and be in a more cheerful mood.

Oh, and I don't think I'm gonna put the rest of the ornaments on the tree after all. There's plenty of them on there already, but that's okay because we have too many of them anyway. XD
We don't have enough ornaments! You're so lucky! They're so expensive and we need enough for our fake tree which we ordered a couple of days ago. And I'm glad. I know your grandmother is really happy seeing you try your best to be happy and you're starting to feel the holiday cheer.

I watched a Christmas movie last night during all of that heavy rain in our town and the ending brought me to tears. Tears of joy, not sadness.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Decorating your tree sounds fun! We just ordered a fake one so we won't get to decorate it until it arrives but I look forward to it..
Fake trees save you money and stress in the long run so it's the better investment. XD

To me, Egg Nog takes priority (not as high as spending time with family and friends but it's up there) during the Christmas season. I usually try to snag a carton of it at least once. Now if only they were just a tad bit cheaper. I also hope for a white Christmas each year. Even though I despise snow (especially after last year... SNOWSTORMS EVERY MONDAY) it just doesn't feel as jolly without a good amount of snow on the ground. =(

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Fake trees save you money and stress in the long run so it's the better investment. XD

To me, Egg Nog takes priority (not as high as spending time with family and friends but it's up there) during the Christmas season. I usually try to snag a carton of it at least once. Now if only they were just a tad bit cheaper. I also hope for a white Christmas each year. Even though I despise snow (especially after last year... SNOWSTORMS EVERY MONDAY) it just doesn't feel as jolly without a good amount of snow on the ground. =(
Thanks! Yeah they do. It's too much money and time to get a real one, bring it home and then have it alive long enough so it doesn't catch fire. With a fake tree, we don't have to worry about any of that.

My old computer I had for 8 years finally broke down for good last week so I'm using a temporary laptop while I order my actual replacement for my old computer which is a gaming laptop due to my current set up within the next couple of weeks. So that means no drawing tablet until next year. But the good thing is, I'll enjoy Christmas with my family and apparently my mother is working really hard to get the things on my list that I wrote mostly for fun. I'm surprised! So I may get to finally try Pikmin 3 and maybe Nintendo Land! I don't care about the gifts though, I just want to make my family smile this year and share some good memories with them. :)

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
For me I don't really care about getting presents any more. It's one of the few holidays when I can see my other nerd cousin that tolerates board games lasting more than 1 hour, so I like to try and rope as many people in. But as far as Christmas related things go, or what people traditionally think are, I generally enjoy baking cookies about a week before I travel. Those of you who like eggnog, what does it taste like? In before egg.

Silentium

Senior Squid
For me, Christmas time is usually one of the few times in which I can see my family that aren't my siblings and parents. This often involves going to a hublah and catching up with cousins. Other then that, it feels like any other time.

I'm not happy this year, however, since it's been unusually warm. Instead of a white Christmas, I get to see that disgusting brown and muddied lawn with all of the dead grass.

For me I don't really care about getting presents any more. It's one of the few holidays when I can see my other nerd cousin that tolerates board games lasting more than 1 hour, so I like to try and rope as many people in. But as far as Christmas related things go, or what people traditionally think are, I generally enjoy baking cookies about a week before I travel. Those of you who like eggnog, what does it taste like? In before egg.
I tried to get into board gaming once, and I feel your pain. No one ever wants to do anything that lasts more then five seconds. And even if we can get something to last longer, someone always ends up rage-quitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom