• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Competitive VoDs/Streams, who's watching?

How often do you watch competitive VoDs/Streams?

• Total voters

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Wondering how many of you out there watch competitive Streamers/VoDs(Of tournaments or scrims) and the like. Also wondering how much you feel that has affected your playstyle/ability, and how much you play versus watching others.

Watching top players is something that is frequently recommended in competitive gaming, and I would say the same holds true in Splatoon. However, it seems like only a few people in circles I am in seem to really do this, or even have access to the resources for finding them.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I try to watch streams whenever I have the time. I should watch tournaments more often (possibly even with my team shrugs). Usually when tournaments are on in busy playing myself or just busy otherwise. I know for a fact that watching the streams have helped me immensely, being able to see for myself their specific movements and their decisions really help. 10/10 I DO recommend.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I watch Solo Queue more than tournies cuz I don't play competitive. You can learn so much, in fact I don't think I'd be where I'm at right now without watching the S+ pros wreck havoc :)

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I really feel like watching a lot of competitive tournament streams have helped me in picking up good play habits, I tune into a lot of pro-team scrims as well, very entertaining, I'd recommend anyone who wants to get better to start watching pro matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom