• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Concept: More Spyke Services with rising level caps!

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Yeah, I can't quite understand it myself.
True, getting the abilities you want through luck does feel satisfying.
But that really isn't a good statement for that gambling-system in my eyes.

The two statements against this transferring-system I can follow are:
- Making Rerolling useless
- No longer able to tell what abilities other players are using, by the gear they wear.

Though personally, I disagree with them.

Rerolling would still have its uses, even with such a system in place.
Simply for getting the abilities you want in the first place, before being able to transfer them.
Tho it is true, that it might see less uses, with a transfer-system there.
But "less" doesnt mean "none".

As for no longer being able to tell what abilities people are using, by the gear that they are wearing.
Again, I am pretty sure about 90% of the players, aren`t paying attention to what gear the opponents are wearing.

But even so, you can see what abilities they have when they kill you.
So even if you can't see what's coming at you right away, you will see what the opponent is using when you get splatted.
Unless of course, you never get splatted, but then you are probably winning.

But I said it before and i will say it again, I prefer things to be not so predictable.
But that is just me.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Maybe it's just me though. I don't like to have everything come easy... it makes things less interesting and fruitful.

Having everything come as randomly as it is currently isn't much better though.

Yeah, better players get more chances to get the rolls they like but someone could spend 1mil for Snails to get something right while someone else only spends 30k. Neither player earned it more than the other, but one had a much higher burden. I like the idea of transferring MAIN abilities because it doesn't impact anything but aesthetics, but I can only agree half way with you on the subs.

Rerolling individual subs seems reasonable because it allows you to "preserve" progress on the item instead of throwing away copies of the ability you want. Transferring individual subs DOES seem too easy, though, even if you had to transfer a matching slot (third Sub to third Sub etc
).

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I am ok with that.

Individual rerolls with subs is better than having to reroll all of them.
Tho it would sitll be a matter of luck.

So yeah, I'd like to have alternatives in place.
Higher prices, but bigger chances to actually get what you want.

Njok

Bouncer
The one thing about all of this though is that they won't do it. Supposedly we are getting a splatfest every 3 weeks. If they make it too easy to get perfect subs on everything, then about 2 splatfests later no one would even need snails.

Don't get me wrong, i hate spyke as much as the next person, but it's also part of the fun.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
The one thing about all of this though is that they won't do it. Supposedly we are getting a splatfest every 3 weeks. If they make it too easy to get perfect subs on everything, then about 2 splatfests later no one would even need snails.

Don't get me wrong, i hate spyke as much as the next person, but it's also part of the fun.
Depends on whether SSS get any other uses, though.

And the level cap has to do SOMETHING. If it's honestly just an increase because people asked for an increase I'll be kind of mad about it? I'll never understand why game communities like level cap increases when they don't offer anything but more work for the same experience. As Spyke is the only function that reacted to you differently at max level than any other level up (besides 10 for ranked) it seems logical that he would react differently at 30, 40 and/or 50.

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
Depends on whether SSS get any other uses, though.

And the level cap has to do SOMETHING. If it's honestly just an increase because people asked for an increase I'll be kind of mad about it? I'll never understand why game communities like level cap increases when they don't offer anything but more work for the same experience. As Spyke is the only function that reacted to you differently at max level than any other level up (besides 10 for ranked) it seems logical that he would react differently at 30, 40 and/or 50.
If they want to keep the system as it is, I would hope they tweak it so spyke's success rate is based off your level then. Level 20 has a 20% chance to get your item and 50 gets you 50% chance for orders. That is just an example without the devs completely changing their system...

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
If they want to keep the system as it is, I would hope they tweak it so spyke's success rate is based off your level then. Level 20 has a 20% chance to get your item and 50 gets you 50% chance for orders. That is just an example without the devs completely changing their system...
Well he always gets the item, doesn't he? It's a 20% chance to get the same subs, I thought.

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
Sorry, I was speaking about the subs ... I guess i have been unlucky since i've used his services about 10 times at level 20 without any luck. Someday, someday.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
And again, we end up talking about "Difficulty to program"..
And honestly, I think this is really basic.

Let's go with the Main Ability Transfer/Single Sub Reroll combo.
(I am actually starting to like it.)

The amount of working steps for the Main Ability Transfer, would be as follows.
1. Choosing gear, which Main Ability you want changed.
2. Choosing gear, which has the Main Ability, you want to change former gear's into.
3. Change the Main Ability of the gear chosen first (Step 1), into the one the other had (Step 2)
4. Remove latter gear from inventory.

That's it.
And I can't imagine that being that hard to program.
Unless they want some fancy animations for the transferring process, which we dont need.

Single Rerolling should be even simpler to make.
Just take the Reroll as it is now and add a Slot-Selection and then only reroll the chosen slot.
So yeah, I really can't imagine it to be difficult and time-consuming to code.
(Tho coders can correct me on this, if i am wrong.)

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
And again, we end up talking about "Difficulty to program"..
And honestly, I think this is really basic.

Let's go with the Main Ability Transfer/Single Sub Reroll combo.
(I am actually starting to like it.)

The amount of working steps for the Main Ability Transfer, would be as follows.
1. Choosing gear, which Main Ability you want changed.
2. Choosing gear, which has the Main Ability, you want to change former gear's into.
3. Change the Main Ability of the gear chosen first (Step 1), into the one the other had (Step 2)
4. Remove latter gear from inventory.

That's it.
And I can't imagine that being that hard to program.
Unless they want some fancy animations for the transferring process, which we dont need.

Single Rerolling should be even simpler to make.
Just take the Reroll as it is now and add a Slot-Selection and then only reroll the chosen slot.
So yeah, I really can't imagine it to be difficult and time-consuming to code.
(Tho coders can correct me on this, if i am wrong.)
The transferring of main abilities makes me think of Hyrule Warriors and transferring skills to other weapons. It could work with this, and to make the "consequence" of doing this is it destroys the gear you used to transfer the skill. No biggie, but it still "costs" you on top of a SSS or 30K.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Sorry, I was speaking about the subs ... I guess i have been unlucky since i've used his services about 10 times at level 20 without any luck. Someday, someday.
I've never gotten more than one of the subs.

But again, such heavy reliance on luck isn't a good model. TBH, it's better to have everyone run around with perfect subs than a select few who didn't actually merit getting them in the first place. They just got lucky.

Njok

Bouncer
I do totally agree with this part. Would be silly to have 30 more levels just for the sake of it.

(I'd still grind til 50 though lol)

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Just increase the chance of getting a perfect order...that's all we need to be honest. I ordered gear like 24 times now and I still didn't get one single perfect order. (with 3 subs) So,I'm sitting here with 440k squid cash...nice. And no , I won't waste it on rerolling cause its accuracy is even worse than ordering tbh.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I do totally agree with this part. Would be silly to have 30 more levels just for the sake of it.

(I'd still grind til 50 though lol)
Same, yeah. I'm not going to quit over it, out would just be confusing and upsetting.

Njok

Bouncer
Just increase the chance of getting a perfect order...that's all we need to be honest. I ordered gear like 24 times now and I still didn't get one single perfect order. (with 3 subs) So,I'm sitting here with 440k squid cash...nice. And no , I won't waste it on rerolling cause its accuracy is even worse than ordering tbh.
I actually had more luck rerolling than with ordering, but i do really hope you are right and i just got unlucky.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I'm all for transferring main abilities, but I disagree with the ability to transfer over any sub abilities. Transferring main abilities isn't a big deal, because if someone kills you, you see all of their gear anyway. Something like the Gas Mask looks horrible imo, but the ability Tenacity seems interesting (although it's meh imo), would certainly be worth transferring. I also think individual sub slot rerolls should be allowed, cause I have a few gear pieces with 2/3 of the subs I want, but I don't dare risk rerolling to find out that I'm back to square 1 with 0/3.

Even if the base for these abilities are 40 and 50, it's not like you can avoid leveling up anyway. Ranked wins at A+ gives what, 4k xp/gold each win? I think the starting point at -C is at least 2k.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
The transferring of main abilities makes me think of Hyrule Warriors and transferring skills to other weapons. It could work with this, and to make the "consequence" of doing this is it destroys the gear you used to transfer the skill. No biggie, but it still "costs" you on top of a SSS or 30K.
I thought I described it like this from the get-go... ._.;

But yeah, that's how I would handle Ability-transfers.

I've never gotten more than one of the subs.

But again, such heavy reliance on luck isn't a good model. TBH, it's better to have everyone run around with perfect subs than a select few who didn't actually merit getting them in the first place. They just got lucky.
Agreed. ;)

Apparently you can only get perfect orders with 3-Star Gear, that have three Sub-Slots to begin with.
Any lower, that had their slots added by Spyke, will only get you gear with the amount of slots they started out with.
And the additional slots will be denied to you.

I agree there should be a way to get perfect orders for gear under 3-stars as well.

But I disagree it is all we need.
I mean, don't you want Abilities on gear that fancies your eye?

I'm all for transferring main abilities, but I disagree with the ability to transfer over any sub abilities. Transferring main abilities isn't a big deal, because if someone kills you, you see all of their gear anyway. Something like the Gas Mask looks horrible imo, but the ability Tenacity seems interesting (although it's meh imo), would certainly be worth transferring. I also think individual sub slot rerolls should be allowed, cause I have a few gear pieces with 2/3 of the subs I want, but I don't dare risk rerolling to find out that I'm back to square 1 with 0/3.

Even if the base for these abilities are 40 and 50, it's not like you can avoid leveling up anyway. Ranked wins at A+ gives what, 4k xp/gold each win? I think the starting point at -C is at least 2k.
Then we have hit a compromise. :3

Like I said, I am starting to like the "Main Ability Transfer/Single Sub Reroll" combo.
While it might still be luck-dependant for subs, at least you won't lose any progress, by overwriting the other two subs as well.
Tho if you are unlucky, you might still end up spending a lot of cash or Snails on this, just to get that one sub you really want.

Which is the obvious downside.
Personally, I would still love to have some kind of way to get what you want for sure.
But I can see where people are coming from, saying getting perfect gear would be a little too easy then.

So yeah, I am willing to roll with this, should Nintendo decide to make it happen. : 3

Power

Inkling Commander
At first I thought it said more Skype services, I was thinking, "wut"
As long as I can easily get snails and money, i don't really think about any additional things spyke can do. :l

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
...I literally recommended equip ability transfer as DLC awhile back on this forum.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Sounds like good minds think alike. :D
JK. .P

But yeah, by the end of the day, I am open for any concepts.
As long as there is something that allows me to get any ability on any gear.

Preferably something that doesnt require too much luck and RNG.
That is just me though. .3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom