• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

CoroCoro Splatoon Gear Sets- Have You Tried Them?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
For those not in the know, the Splatoon Manga has each of their team's characters sporting various gear. Each of these sets is detailed in the manga volume releases.

Volume 1 Profiles
Volume 2 Profiles ( Translation done by livin-inker )

So in this sense, you can literally dress up as your favorite CoroCoro characters! Which can make for interesting gameplay. I've gone around in several already Such as Army, Rider, and Aloha. And playing a few of them actually made me warm up to some new weapons that I wouldn't have considered before.

So what do you think? Have you tried using any CoroCoro inspired sets before? How well did you fair with them? Would you use them again? Do you have any favorites?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I just tried Goggles-Kun's basic loadout with the Tentatek Splattershot. Never been a big fan of Inkzooka but I ended up having two very successful Casual matches and ended up actually liking the Tentatek. Strength Up on the goggles and Bomb Range Up on the jacket helped a ton with dishing out damage. I'd reccommend thos loadout to anyone looking for a more "heavy-hitter" set that relies a ton on the Suction Bombs. Oh, and the goggles roll Special Duraction up more frequently for those looking for some Inkzooka fun.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Never been a big fan of Inkzooka but I ended up having two very successful Casual matches and ended up actually liking the Tentatek. Strength Up on the goggles and Bomb Range Up on the jacket helped a ton with dishing out damage.
I almost had forgotten that I never tried the Goggles loadout. But I did just recently unlock his jacket on my alt account...so time to change that. I think ill try to get those perks on my set too when I work on it.

I am used to the Inkzooka thanks to the Carbon Roller having it. Im a bit mixed feelings on it, but its served me pretty well.

Now Alohas sub weapon on the other hand...I still cant get the hang of it, so I tend to rarely use it unless on blocking off a narrow path. HIS special however....*Spams Booyahs like a disco party as the Killer Wail launches.*

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

I went and did the Aloha set today and did some pretty good smooth dodging around the turf. Very in character with that! I only got to snap my last match here, But there was alot of rounds with 1 or 0 deaths. Especially on his home turf- Mahi-Mahi Resort.

I think his home map helped me get used to using his sub weapon a little more. Its still a bit finicky though. But blocking out people from getting far past their spawn point is fun.

Come to think of it, I should do more picking CoroCoro Splatoon sets based on what maps are available. Doing Rider on the Arowana Mall was fun the one time I got to do it in rotation. It made me realize why he dominates the map easily with the middle area.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I am waiting to reach 45 so I can try out Skull-kun's set. I don't care if I am not one of the best chargers to date, but he is personally my favorite out of the bunch. I also done Goggles, and Rider-Kun.

Sadly, Mask-kun seems to cause my connection to lag, or disconnect because of the sub weapon; bomb rush with seekers. Ugh, it was getting fun using it too! Especially in Black Belly Park. I can perch on top of the platform, and send them away.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Sadly, Mask-kun seems to cause my connection to lag, or disconnect because of the sub weapon; bomb rush with seekers. Ugh, it was getting fun using it too! Especially in Black Belly Park. I can perch on top of the platform, and send them away.
I saw you play that set (minus the shirt) and I think you should try it again, if the net plays nice. And remember....*never swing the roller*. If you do, its on you!

Sub ink savers might make that set extra fun.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I saw you play that set (minus the shirt) and I think you should try it again, if the net plays nice. And remember....*never swing the roller*. If you do, its on you!

Sub ink savers might make that set extra fun.
SHHHH!!

As long as nobody sees me do it...We're fine!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So I tried Riders gear but with a catch- I had him using a the same Charger weapon he trains Goggles and his team with (But I went without the scope for mine).

Somehow, I did pretty well with it? Shocking. But I was literally training with using Charger weapons today so I thought it would be fitting to try out with some CoroCoro Splatoon gear. Irony.

I would have tried Skull but I'm not a high enough level yet to get his shirt...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It's been a while since I tried anything new with these CoroCoro Splatoon sets. So recently I did something only an idiot would do...

I played as Goggle-Kun.

And I got splatted alot in ridiculous ways.

ZmyYWSr.jpg

This, was one of the few good matches I had. The best out of the few wins infact....It wasn't that great. hahah.

I did see how his set works out along with his style of gameplay- he can move across things alot FASTER than I am used to at points. Mobility with this set also seems on par- getting on the middle tower of the map I played was far easier than it usually is for the usual weapons I use. Suction bombs however....are hard for me to use. But I did get a few nice splats with them in some crafty ways. Inkzooka was familiar ground for me, so no problem.

Ironically enough, Blackbelly Skatepark was in rotation and was what most matches were played on. Half of the rounds on that map also had me on Goggles trademark blue ink color. Didn't think about it, but Blue ink must be a common ink color for the map!

I probably won't do Goggles again sadly, unless I decide to do him just for gags every now and then. Splattershots like his are just NOT my kind of weapon. But who will I do next? We'll see, we'll see.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well this is a interesting tease regarding doing CoroCoro Splatoon themed sets in Splatoon 2...

What did Glasses change? His glasses? Shoes? I can't quiet tell....Everyone else has at least 1 swapped out item. So something to keep in mind for doing this sort of gameplay gimmick in Splatoon 2. I personally am going to look forward to doing it again.

Last edited:

squiddoodly

Full Squid
What did Glasses change? His glasses? Shoes? I can't quiet tell....Everyone else has at least 1 swapped out item. So something to keep in mind for doing this sort of gameplay gimmick in Splatoon 2. I personally am going to look forward to doing it again.
Glasses' pants and shoes are different, since he wore the plum casuals in the manga at first. If it helps, the Splatoon manga wiki page tells you the name of all the gear the team uses.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Glasses' pants and shoes are different, since he wore the plum casuals in the manga at first. If it helps, the Splatoon manga wiki page tells you the name of all the gear the team uses.
Thanks for noticing the shoes and pants swapped. I noticed also his shirts changed, so thats interesting.

And yeah, I'm familar with most of the main casts gear. I just haddent touched on Glasses untill recently. I did list their profiles in the first post of this thread which covers all the teams with the exeption of Splatoon 2 crews so far.

(And did you mean that there's a Splatoon Manga Wiki? Or you mean the page for the manga on Inkpedia? Just curious.)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Thanks for noticing the shoes and pants swapped. I noticed also his shirts changed, so thats interesting.

And yeah, I'm familar with most of the main casts gear. I just haddent touched on Glasses untill recently. I did list their profiles in the first post of this thread which covers all the teams with the exeption of Splatoon 2 crews so far.

(And did you mean that there's a Splatoon Manga Wiki? Or you mean the page for the manga on Inkpedia? Just curious.)
There is a article listed in the Splatoon wiki of the manga, but it seems to be missing out on the current issues. So it is a bit behind on what you know, Zero.

(Edit: If there is a Wikipedia on the manga, which I couldn't find it.)

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatoon_(manga)/Characters

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Ah, yes I meant the page for manga in Inkpedia under "characters". I thought Glasses had the same shirt, but turns out the glasses are just the same.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah, yes I meant the page for manga in Inkpedia under "characters". I thought Glasses had the same shirt, but turns out the glasses are just the same.
Ah I see, gotcha! Makes me wish for a proper stand alone wiki though, hahah. Would be nice for resources all in one place anyway.

And interestingly enough, it seems that Rider hasnt changed his gear at all in the latest chapter that was just released. I've only seen maybe a page or two though, so it's a hard guess. But he's seen with the same Jacket and contacts (no hat) at the very least...along with his Roller. I wonder if he gets in with "the new trends" later on though, as Gloves-Kun would say. Would be interesting if he did update his loadout a bit.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
And interestingly enough, it seems that Rider hasnt changed his gear at all in the latest chapter that was just released. I've only seen maybe a page ot two though, so it's a hard guess. But he's seen with the same Jacket and contacts (no hat) at the very least...along with his Roller. I wonder if he gets in with "the new trends" later on though, as Gloves-Kun would say. Would be interesting if he did update his loadout a bit.
It'd make sense for Rider to change his gear for the Splatoon 2 manga, and did the chapter come out already or am I really behind? Where did you see those few pages with Rider?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It'd make sense for Rider to change his gear for the Splatoon 2 manga, and did the chapter come out already or am I really behind? Where did you see those few pages with Rider?
Just odd that he hasnt yet and we are in Splatoon 2 story already. And I found a few photos from the recent CoroCoro issue via twitter. Unfortunately it looks like the tweet was deleted...if I find any images again however, I will share it here with a spoiler tag.

Not sure how behind you are but heres all of the translated issues so far.
I have a translation of Skull-kuns chapter as well as a link to the last free chapter that officialy kicks off the saga in Inkopolis Square. Shoot me a PM if you have any interest in those.

Translations will be few to none now own though sadly, at least untill Viz releases its Splatoon Manga translated over in the US here this December...

On a light note, I'm toating around as Army-Kun right now and literally playing one man survival. I feel like im being Rambo or something...

BIG FAT EDIT:

Sorry, I did find the tweet after all, check under the spoilers below:

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
20170622_162256.jpg
...And I made Army into a lean, mean, splatting machine.

(Of course they were low levels but....)

squiddoodly

Full Squid

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Yeah ok, thanks, if I start catching up in the story I might take you up on those offers.
Hey no problem. I'm glad to help since this manga is so obscure.

And I'm considering if I should try out using Blasters today, so in this case....

Thinking if I should give this Bike Helmet-Kun guy a go (God, that's a mouthful...). I have NEVER touched any blaster weapon, so this should be interesting....

Of course, I expect no one to recognize me in-game unlike the likes of characters like Army or Rider. But one can dream, right?

(I should probably look up some Blaster guides/tips in the meantime...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom