• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

CoroCoro Splatoon Gear Sets- Have You Tried Them?

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Thinking if I should give this Bike Helmet-Kun guy a go (God, that's a mouthful...). I have NEVER touched any blaster weapon, so this should be interesting....
I started using blasters about a week or 2 ago, and I can say i'm not disappointed. Although i've never used a luna blaster before, all the other blasters are pretty good. Not a fan of the rapid blaster though, takes two direct hits to take opponents out unlike the other blasters that take one. Tend to not use them because my aim accuracy is crap and one-shots are easy. They're not bad though.

Probably will try doing a blaster gear set for my first, since i've never did one of these.

Edit: I wrote range blaster as a blaster that takes 2 hits to splat, turns out it's also only one.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Not a fan of the rapid blaster or range blaster though, takes two direct hits to take opponents out unlike the other blasters that take one. Tend to not use them because my aim accuracy is crap and one-shots are easy. They're not bad though.
Only nice thing I see about his blaster is the bubbler. May be good for someone like me whos just starting out with the weapon as a panic button (My aim is hit and miss with gun weapons after all, even if blaster is forgiving with it...). I'll keep in mind the two hit KO though. Try to tweak the open slots on the gear to fix that issue.

Probably will try doing a blaster gear set for my first, since i've never did one of these.
Hey if you do, share how your experience with it goes. I love seeing peoples experiences with these wacky gear sets. Makes for some interesting and surprising results sometimes.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So I had tried working on Bike Helmet-Kun's gear set a few days back....oof, it was awful.

The problems:

-Movement feels...slow. Even after I got a good rhythm for shoot and swim.
-Popping a bubbler in for myself and the team is difficult due to said slow movement. With :wst_roller_brushmini01: I can rush in by brush running and pop a bubbler in while tapping all my teammates with it. Not so with Bike-Kuns weapon. If the team doesn't know that your trying to set up for a bubbler special, its a lost cost.

-The two shot to kill issue. Although on occasion, one shot makes the splat. It's rare though and dependent on other factors.

-Bubbler special can, as always, get pushed around. (Ironically a weakness that was displayed comically in the manga).

Now for the good....

-Ink usage feels manageable. I never had problems running out of Ink in the middle of a fight.
-His sub weapon with the :pointsensor: is a excellent way to cautiously work your way into places, and help mark enemies for your team as well.

-Bubbler makes for a good panic button when your shots are missing too much. Even better when the team huddles together for the bubbler special. Great for pushing into places.

I have 1 slot left to get on his gear, then I have to fill them all in. So once I do that I'll see what I can reroll in and fix up....but for now I'm taking a break from his set. phew.

I'm thinking of rolling back into Goggle-Kuns gear and reworking it with some rerolls. So far the only sets I have done that I am completely satisfied with are Rider-Kun and Army-Kun. Glasses-Kun may be okay as well, but I still need to test some more rounds with it. I also need to look over my Aloha-Kun set....

There's also another 2 sets I just thought of recently. Although they may be slight spoilers, so I put them under spoiler:
I just found scans of this chapter finally that I came across, and as it seems we have Not only Goggles but also Rider in Agent gear.
But there is a problem...

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 3.24.56 PM.png (Credit is here, for the raw scan.)
The gear overlaps. Rider Overlaps with his jacket, and Goggles does so with his Goggles.

However...this could make for some interesting mixing if we take away the conflict Agent gear and leave their Jacket/Goggles Intact.
Riders base set would be: :ability_runspeed::ability_bombrange::ability_quicksuperjump:
And Goggles: :ability_bombrange::ability_swimspeed::ability_quicksuperjump:

Include using the :wst_roller_normalh: For Rider and the :wst_shot_normalh: For Goggles respectively, and in a way you actually do have some new gear sets here! I may try working on them sometime in the future just to see how they work out.

sgt. army

Inkling
NNID
wutvemoo
for rider i gave him a skull mask or 18k sunglasses to make him cooler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom