• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Counter-main Suggestion Thread

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
A counter-main is what I've been calling a weapon that you main solely to contrast your usual main. So Luna Blaster might be a counter-main for E-Liter, Slosher for Splattershot Pro, etc.

The idea is that one weapon would make up for the weaknesses of the other, so you aren't stuck as a one-trick pony.

With that in mind, I'd like this topic to be for getting suggestions as to which weapons to counter-main. Just state your main and we'll see if we can figure out which weapons would contrast the best. I'll try to answer myself, but feel free to answer anyone else's posts as well.

I main the Inkbrush, so I'm thinking of counter-maining the Squiffer or Slosher. Any other ideas?

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I main the rapid, and counter main with Luna. I picked Luna in the first game and never went with qr+ stealth jump. I'm an aggressive player, so I mainly pick Luna when everyone online is picking squelcher and being passive, instead of pushing objective lol.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Rapid Blasters and Jet Squelchers seem like a bad match-up for the Heavy Splatling. Counter seems like an overall nebulous word to use in this context because it's hard to say whether any weapon truly counters another since you don't always have to go h2h against someone.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
A counter-main is what I've been calling a weapon that you main solely to contrast your usual main. So Luna Blaster might be a counter-main for E-Liter, Slosher for Splattershot Pro, etc.

The idea is that one weapon would make up for the weaknesses of the other, so you aren't stuck as a one-trick pony.

With that in mind, I'd like this topic to be for getting suggestions as to which weapons to counter-main. Just state your main and we'll see if we can figure out which weapons would contrast the best. I'll try to answer myself, but feel free to answer anyone else's posts as well.

I main the Inkbrush, so I'm thinking of counter-maining the Squiffer or Slosher. Any other ideas?
Currently, I main the Inkbrush and Enperries on and off. My 'counter main' there is the Splattershot Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom