Crashing upon game loading

clefable

Inkling
This only started happening today, but once i get off the loading screen with the zigzags in the background and the inklings floating up, the game crashes before i can press zl+zr. It freezes for a moment and then gives me the message "the software what closed because an error occurred." I've tried all of my other games and they worked fine, including botw and mario kart, both online and singleplayer. I scanned splatoon for corrupt data and nothing was found. How do i fix this?

Belial

Full Squid
You may have to call Nintendo's help hotline. You can probably find one for your region on their site. If your console and game are both up to date I couldn't fathom what is happening to you.

Padre

Pro Squid
Have you restarted your Switch already and reinserted game cartridge (if you are using physical copy) ?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i know this might sound like maybe a expensive solution to you but if you use a cardridge and it for some reason does not work anymore and you can't get it to work then i suggest buying the digital splatoon 2 version,you won't lose any data at all since the data is saved on the switch :D

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Have you already tried going 'System Settings => Data Management => Manage Software => Delete Software' yet?

It won't remove any of your game's saved data, just the game itself. Then you can just reinstall the game. No guarantee, but it's worth trying nonetheless.

Let us know how things are turning out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom