1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Crashing upon game loading

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by clefable, Oct 20, 2018.

1. clefable

clefable Inkling

This only started happening today, but once i get off the loading screen with the zigzags in the background and the inklings floating up, the game crashes before i can press zl+zr. It freezes for a moment and then gives me the message "the software what closed because an error occurred." I've tried all of my other games and they worked fine, including botw and mario kart, both online and singleplayer. I scanned splatoon for corrupt data and nothing was found. How do i fix this?

2. Belial

Belial Full Squid

You may have to call Nintendo's help hotline. You can probably find one for your region on their site. If your console and game are both up to date I couldn't fathom what is happening to you.

Ƶeno and Enperry like this.
  3. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

Have you restarted your Switch already and reinserted game cartridge (if you are using physical copy) ?

4. Coolkid

Coolkid Inkling Cadet

i know this might sound like maybe a expensive solution to you but if you use a cardridge and it for some reason does not work anymore and you can't get it to work then i suggest buying the digital splatoon 2 version,you won't lose any data at all since the data is saved on the switch :D

5. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Have you already tried going 'System Settings => Data Management => Manage Software => Delete Software' yet?

It won't remove any of your game's saved data, just the game itself. Then you can just reinstall the game. No guarantee, but it's worth trying nonetheless.

Let us know how things are turning out!

banyochan and MindWanderer like this.