• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cross-browser current and upcoming Turf War and Ranked maps (and game type) [English]

Casperr

Full Squid
So recently, whenever I load up Splatooniverse, it only shows 2 map rotations (current and the next one), instead of 3 (current and the next 2). Was this an Intentional change?

In the case that it wasn't here's a list of things I've done:
  • Cleared cookies
  • Refreshed the page
  • Swapped browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Maxthon)
  • Restarted my computer
  • Loaded Splatooniverse on different devices (Phone and PC)
I'm not sure if it's something on my end, so if anybody can load up the site and confirm (or deny) these issues, that'll be helpful.

Edit: Seems like the problem is gone now. Site is working fine.
Thanks for letting me know and taking the time to make such a thorough investigation! This is what happens when the Splatoon.ink feed hasn't updated for whatever reason. I have been noticing it quite often recently as well, so I can't promise you won't see only 2 again in the near future. However, the site will soon be swapping over to a new feed create by PommePatate from these forums which is likely to be both more reliable as well as supporting multi-region so you can select where you want to see Splatfest info for!

lolametro

Inkling
Right now your site displays maps from Jan 1st 2017... :D
I guess your code has a nasty bug.

Tama-kun

Inkling
NNID
Tama-kun89
I added support for EN strings since a lot of people asked for this :)
Thanks for the great work PommePatate, I send you another private message, just in case you did not get a notification again!

Tama-kun

Inkling
NNID
Tama-kun89
Sorry for the double post but your images are not working casperr, don't know if you are working on the site but something's wrong there!

Edit: Problem was already solved by the time this post got approval by moderators...

Last edited:

Casperr

Full Squid
Sorry for the double post but your images are not working casperr, don't know if you are working on the site but something's wrong there!

Edit: Problem was already solved by the time this post got approval by moderators...
Thanks for reporting the issue regardless! I am not actually sure what could have been the problem there. I haven't done any image work on the site recently and they're all hosted in the same place as everything else! Werid

SilverSwag

Inkling
Can you show more than just the current maps and the next 2 rotations?

I want to know days in advance what maps are when (5 days is enough).

Rei Keima

Inkling
NNID
ReiKeima
Can you show more than just the current maps and the next 2 rotations?

I want to know days in advance what maps are when (5 days is enough).
Afraid this isn't possible.

Ultimately everyone gets their information from SplatNet. SplatNet only shows the current and next two rotations. There's not exactly a set pattern either.

Casperr

Full Squid
Hey everyone I have just updated the site with a visual and programmatical overhaul. The front end colour scheme is totally different so would be very grateful for people's thoughts on that.

The back end how has some improved functionality, namely a more reliable feed and the ability to show Splatfest data based on your selected region.

I've only had one item of feedback so far... and let's just say the guy doesn't like the new theme! If this seems to be a general consensus I can either roll it back or set up a theme switcher with a handful of colourschemes. Happy to take suggestions here as I am a developer much more than I am a designer

Tama-kun

Inkling
NNID
Tama-kun89
Personally I don't like the header, overall design is fine, but i like the idea of a colour switcher, since i'm using my own page i will not be using yours too much ;)
But since your work and the api from pommepatate helped me i keep checking by so i can maybe help from time to time! I like to offer you pictures of the stage overviews (they are not perfectly cut out since i'm not that good with image tools but since they are beeing displayed in small dimensions it's not that bad!)

An example can be viewed here: Klick Me.

You could insert this as option to the theme changer if you are going to do one. Just let me know if you want the pictures!

EDIT: For free of course, i don't know if this sounded like i was going to sell this @.@'''

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
Hey @Casperr, Splatoon.ink used to have Splatfest info and now tonight I'm seeing it doesn't anymore. What's the data feed you're using now? I'd like to switch Squidboards to it

Casperr

Full Squid

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
Awesome, switched Squidboards over to that. Fixed a super minor bug while I was at it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom