• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Day Old Sushi - Group for older players (30 and over)

ECно

Inkling
Name you want us to call you by: Echo
Rank and Level (optional): lvl26. Ranks: A- SZ, B+ TC, A RM, A- CB
Main Weapon (optional): depends on game mode but usually Blaster, SSP, NZap 85, .52 gal

Kinda new to the game, started playing around xmas. I’m in the US so hopefully time zone won’t be an issue. How do I got about joining?

Stamos

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6464-1371-6426
Hey. I'm a member of DOS, but for some reason I cant find the group on the discord app for my phone or PC...help?

lock69

Inkling
This looks like just the place for me. Count me in!!!!!

Name you want us to call you by: lock
NNID: lock69
Rank and Level (optional):S+SZ S TC S RM A+ CB
Main Weapon (optional):Dual Squelcher

Korun

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0749-7989
Name you want us to call you by: Korun
NNID: Korun
Rank A+ to S
Rank 79

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
Hey all day old sushi out there... I'm curious are any of you S+40 or above? I'm 30 years old and Splatoon is my first real video game and I want to get really good at it, just because I really like it and I'm competitive by nature. But I hear how your reflexes start getting worse when you're in your 20s and that's why pro gamers have short shelf lives. I'm not trying to go pro or play competitively but in my estimation reaching S+40 means you have to be really good, almost on par with successful competitive players so I don't think it is unreasonable to think that if pro gamers can't play pro in their 30s then being in your 30s might likewise make it hard to attain a very high Splatoon rank esp for someone like me who has no other video game experience.

S+40 is arbirary and I'd likely be happy if I could just get several levels into S+.... Right now I'm hovering around S+0 and S+1 except in clam blitz where I'm in S. I haven't been playing that long but I found the lower ranks very easy but am finding S+ hard.

I know that reflexes aren't everything and lots of other things are necessary to be successful that wouldn't get worse with age like strategic thinking, judgment, map knowledge, awareness, etc. But I am curious as to other older people's experiences.

Even if I never get far into S+ I still will have enjoyed the game so it's not do or die. Just something I'd like to accomplish.

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
We have members who have gotten S+50 in multiple modes. A lot of us had been playing since the first Splatoon came out. We seem to have a good mix of people who are used to high level of playing since Splatoon 1 and people who had discovered this game from the sequel.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Hello,

I am 34, US region - EST (time zone) and looking for a clan. Currently bouncing between S and S+1 in all four modes. No Splatoon 1 experience, only Splatoon 2. I like the .52 Gal Deco and both Heavy Splatlings but haven’t really settled into a true “main”. I have no experience with call outs.

You guys interest me on the age range. I have two questions:

Is there a clan tag that you use in your screen names?
Are your members allowed to be in multiple clans or is there a one-clan only policy?

Basically, I’m looking for people who are interested in playing League Mode: twins and four - it’s tough to get four together. But I am also interested in the group in general.

Thanks!
Switch name: St.Kthulhu

Last edited:

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
This sounds fun, I've only played solo but would love to play with a group.

Call me: Ryder (I change my in-game name a lot, so this is easier)
Level: I think like 42 right now
Weapons: mostly orange Nzap and Tri-slosher

Last edited:

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
We're not strict about anything regarding name tag or people being in other clans. We have our own competitive team, but the server is more like a community of older splatoon players. Some people belong in other teams or clans. I'll send invite links.

Nikolalia

Inkling
NNID
Nikolalia
Switch Friend Code
SW-0353-1114-5443
Exactly what I was looking for. Am looking for more mature players just to chill and have fun with on the game, destroys etc. I'll join in pretty much anything so hit me up.
Name: Nikolalia (Nik is fine)
Am 41, level 28 in game.
SW-0353-1114-5443
Weapons I'll use anything but like the dualies (any type as like the duck, dodge gameplay, fast and fun). Not great with snipers though.
B rank for clam blitz and splat zones. Not played too much of the other 2.
Looking forward to meeting people and playing a few games. Looking to improve my play too.
Hit me up.

Last edited:

Potatocannon

Inkling
NNID
Rtabasco
Name you want us to call you by: potatocannon
Rank and Level (optional):
47, SZ A, TC/RM/CB B+
I just started playing rank 2 weeks ago.
Main Weapon (optional):

Nzap, jet squelcher/custom/duallies, sploosh, splattershot/pro, splat duallies, aerospray. Don't use scopes, brushes often.

Barrelroll706

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7838-8128-9678
Hey all. Looking forward to joining up with this group. Haven't done a lot of gaming in recent years and this game seems to be exactly what I want!
Cheers

Name you want us to call you by: Barrelroll
Rank and Level (optional):
17 and Mostly C's. Been a long time since I've been into gaming so I'm very rusty

Main Weapon (optional):

Mainly the splattershot for now but I'm still experimenting.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Name you want us to call you by: Joe
Rank and Level (optional): B, 23 - starting to pick up playtime
Main Weapon (optional): Splat Brella and Tri-Slosher

Hey guys, I'd love to join your discord if you're still active. It's nice to retreat to a finely aged environment.

-PANCAKE-

Inkling
NNID
PANCAKE
Switch Friend Code
SW-2888-6073-6599
Tossing in my application. Sucks I never knew this was a thing and I'm late to the party.

Name you want us to call you by: PANCAKE
NNID or Switch FC: SW-2888-6073-6599
Current Rank and Level: 43
Main Weapon: Aerospray RG

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
Hopefully I've sent invites to all who are interested in joining us. Once you have joined us, don't be afraid to speak up. :)

Hi, I'm interested in joining your group. I'm excited to see a Splatoon 2 group for older players!

Name you want us to call you by: Mario Afterparty
Rank and Level (optional): Level 86, Rank S+
Main Weapon (optional):
N'Zap, Aerospray, or Dualies.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86

Name you want us to call you by: K
NNID: nero86
Current Rank and Level: S+ 0~3
Main Weapon: Sloshers/Carbon/Octobrush/Brella

Mimmu

Inkling
NNID
Hausmaus
Switch Friend Code
SW-3469-3329-2300
Name you want us to call you by: Mim
Rank and Level (optional): S (SZ, TC, RM) (A something CB) - got scared to derank after getting to S!
Main Weapon (optional): Rapid blaster, .96 gal

Hi! Not yet 30 but have been listening to BBC Radio 4 since I was about 10, so feel qualified as an oldie. Want to have a team to play league with if there are any takers :)

koobs

Inkling
Name you want us to call you by: Koobs
Rank and Level (optional): level 72; bounce between S-S+0
Main Weapon (optional): ttek

I'm old and have only played in solo Q. Looking to be more social and have fun.

xyspice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0229-6087-5801
If y'all are still accepting peeps, I'd be interested :)

Name you want us to call you by: Chris
Rank and Level: lvl 53 / SZ S+ / TC A- / RM A / CB B+
Main Weapon: nzaps / .52 gal / octobrush / tri-slosher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom