• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Day Old Sushi - Recruiting Other Older Players!

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
1009_1458138635_crop.jpg.png

Are you feeling old?
Did you buy the Wii U or the Switch for your kids, but ended up playing the game more than them?
Do you like hanging out with people around your age?
Come join us!

Originally banded together through Reddit since 2015, Day Old Sushi (DOS) is a group of older players ranging from just close to 30 years old all the way up past 40. We are open to all new members and have both casual and competitive players to suit all of your needs.

We mostly invade each others’ Turf Wars, play squads and participate in Private Battles with and against each other. We sometimes have themed Private Battles for fun as well. We have participated in LUTI and sometimes even hold our very own mini league.

Our main method of communication is Discord. We use voice chat for competitive play and also for fun during our Private Battles.

Requirements
Must at least be close to 30 years old. ;) You’ll understand this once you’re our age.

All ranks and levels are welcome. We have players at every rank imaginable all the way up to X

Attitude: Must not disrupt our group harmony with racist and/or otherwise insensitive/inappropriate comments and jokes. Basically, just don't be an ***.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXH8lyuZSv8lY9byJ5Moa4w
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuVnhjAn0uEZxVV8sgpnOcg

If you are interested in joining please provide the following information.

Name you want us to call you by:
Main weapon (optional):

Last edited:

Frickelmeister

Inkling
NNID
Bernd-1984
Name you want us to call you by: Frickelmeister
NNID: Bernd-1984
Current Rank and Level: B- 19
Main Weapon: Krak-on Roller

Hi there,

really glad to finally find some older people on here.
I have been on a several month hiatus with Splatoon, so atm I might play a lot worse than my rank suggests. I do want to improve though and I think I can do better than B rank when I play regularly again.
Also, I am in Germany. Language should be no problem if you don't mind listening to someone with a German accent. I just need to learn some Splatoon specific lingo like the English weapon names, etc.
The time difference might be a bit of a problem. I assume (most of) you are American. CET is 6 hours ahead of EST for instance. So if you always play late in the evening, it's going to be the middle of the night for me. I might only be able to play with you on the weekend then. Hopefully, I fit into your squad schedule somehow.
I am looking forward to play with you. :D

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
Hi! We actually have two members who are European. Some of us in the US are also able to play earlier than our night time. I'll send you an invite code in a PM.

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
Name you want us to call you by: Chris
NNID: chrisbg99
Current Rank and Level: B+/50
Main Weapon: Aerospray RG

I play mostly Turf Wars.

medussa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
splatmamma
Hi, i am interested in joining.
i am a little concerned about the time zones, as i'm from the UK. i play quite a lot, so hopefully won't be a problem, and would like to give it a go please :)
thanks

Name you want us to call you by: Medussa
NNID: splatmamma
Current Rank and Level: i yo-yo between A+ and S (alot), level 50
Main Weapon: tentatek main for ranked, all-sorts in turf

Last edited:

Ruglet

Inkling
NNID
ruglet
Also a UK player here, I'd love to join if I may - am I old enough? (Haven't had to ask that in a while!)

Name: Dan
NNID: ruglet
Current Rank / Level: Somewhere between S and A+, level 50
Main Weapon(s): .52 Gal / Neo Splash-o-matic

Dandelion

Inkling
NNID
dandelion44
This sounds really cool. I'm definitely one of those more casual players you mentioned. I got the game over Christmas and have played off and on since then. But I love following the community and watching matches, and I try to jump in for Turf Wars whenever I can. I'm usually good for a few nights a week. And I just recently started ranked, but I don't know how far I'll make it there.

Name you want us to call you by: Patrick
NNID: Dandelion44
Current Rank and Level: C 15
Main Weapon: Jet Squelcher, N-Zap

bubbtubbs

Inkling
NNID
bubbytubby
Hi!

This squad looks great and totally necessary for an oldie like me. Excited to play and hangout some time.

Name you want us to call you by: Allan
NNID: bubbytubby
Current Rank and Level: Mid-S
Main Weapon: Dynamos, splatterscope/eliter, tentatek/gals

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
Hi!

This squad looks great and totally necessary for an oldie like me. Excited to play and hangout some time.

Name you want us to call you by: Allan
NNID: bubbytubby
Current Rank and Level: Mid-S
Main Weapon: Dynamos, splatterscope/eliter, tentatek/gals
Hi Allan. Let me send an invite code via PM.

NNID
Snak_zio
ladies and gentlemen, i like this very very much :) i am from italy and i already have a clan/group. but i would like to join for casual play together if possible and when available.

Name you want us to call you by: BloodySnak3
NNID: Snak_zio
Current Rank and Level: S+81, level 50
Main Weapon: Splattershot Jr.

Thanks a lot

geso kara

Inkster Jr.
Hi. Let me send you an invite via PM. We're actually trying to create a competitive team with our European players. I hope you can join them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom